Video replay

The Kraken

That being a hypothetical scenario which probably happens once a year out of all the Premier League fixtures.

My answer is yes, only without the silence.

Plenty of other hypothetical scenarios. Will be plenty of times that the game could get pulled back for a challenge in the middle of the park for example, as fans get into the habit of not going mad when their team score but waiting to see if the game is going to get brought back.

Plenty of other hypothetical scenarios. Will be plenty of times that the game could get pulled back for a challenge in the middle of the park for example, as fans get into the habit of not going mad when their team score but waiting to see if the game is going to get brought back.

Only if you had seen a foul in the build up, which the ref hadn't spotted. It's hardly a regular occurrence.

We already have goals disallowed for offside. That doesn't stop people celebrating so I don't see why a video ref would either.

Only if you had seen a foul in the build up, which the ref hadn't spotted. It's hardly a regular occurrence.

We already have goals disallowed for offside. That doesn't stop people celebrating so I don't see why a video ref would either.

You can see the offside flag go up straight away. From a typical away end seat who can tell if there has been a minor shove at the other end of the pitch? Not most football fans. What would have happened re Rooney's great goal away to West Ham the other week?

I note that others have already said similar but all of this 'it'll slow the game down too much' is just a load of balls. By the time both teams were back at the centre spot to kick off again it would have been sorted. Look at West Ham's goal yesterday. A video ref could have cleared that up in half the time it took both officials on the pitch, especially when you add in the time for the players arguing.

There's no need for reviews or challenges or whatever, the ref just needs to ask a video ref via mic whether he got a decision correct.