Man City 4-1 Saints - Post-match reaction

Minty

They should make a rule that if ur not trying to stay on your feet and get on with the game then the ref is not allowed to give a foul.

I wonder what that would look like? It would cut out simulations, but the I spose defenders would start doing more dirty, sneaky Italian fouls. In some ways sneaky nudges and shirt pulls is just as much cheating as doing a dive.?

I know some referees who think that way. The player had to make some attempt to get over the tackle, it's not enough just to see a leg and then pretend to fall over it. As Stan Collymore said, the player has to be prevented from doing what they intended to do. The worst case I ever had of players trying the 'sneaky stuff' involved ex-professionals, which was rather disappointing. It's supposed to be a sport, not a con-trick.

Basically, falling over easily, shirt pulling, nudges etc are all cheating aided and abetted by referees not sticking their necks out. After all the chief ref gave something like 27 penalties at OT for MU. Also gave penalty at SMS v MU in FA Cup when ball hit the Saints player on the head.

That's a lot for one game! Didn't he used to wear Man Utd socks?

Can handle the loss against man city but the jrod injury ****ed me off

Gazza was at fault for 2 of the goals and is a league 1 keeper at best

The offside was comical, what has happened to the standard of refereeing.

Referees have got help with goal line tech (is it me or have we had next to no need for it this season) they just seem shocking in ever other decision

Man City fans very supportive of our performance which surprised me. Series of simple mistakes cost us and Stevie Wonder running the line. Great weekend away and met Peter Reid after a few years. My wife also got her picture taken with Aguero who was playing golf on the Friday.

Saturday 5th April was mathematical impossible to reach champions league day :(

We should keep track of this day, see if it comes earlier or later next year. We can call it H.Clapper Delusion Day, or something :(

And if Sunderland dont win tonight then 7th April is the mathematically impossible to be relegated day :)

Recorded the BT Sport Game and what hacks me off is the way the likes of McManaman unsettles our players by quoting that pretty well all of our stars will leave in the summer. Wish he'd keep his mouth shut. We were in control of the game until that stupid error by the Assistant. If I were a Liverpool fan I'd be thinking it's a conspiracy. Next season, in order to get to the next level we do need to have a better cutting edge when in control of games. If we can bring in just a couple of high quality signings I think we can start thinking about the top 6.