Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Out of curiousity since I haven´t seen any more links now, what players from Holland are we really linked with now after Pelle and Tadic has arrived?

I see links to Redmond, Caulker, Ings, Wickham, Forster and Van Dijk if you stretch it...

Loosely De Vrij and Blind.

Bit weird how Reed was talking about our scouting network and all the targets we are working on before we appointed Koeman yet we have signed and are mostly linked with players from Holland.

Reed was working on the "targets" , and achieved them He got rid of Lambert, Shaw and Lallana

Job done, apart from Lovren and Schneiderlin of course

Bit disillusioned. We have been apparently working incredibly hard on transfers yet the only two we have got so far have been because of the new manager, We need to get a few in soon to prove that we are making the right moves and show our ambition to the wantaway players.

Best of luck with that then. Katharina HAS spelt out her "ambition". It works out about 25% of what her Father's ambition was

So the want away players already know ....... that's why they want away

Best of luck with that then. Katharina HAS spelt out her "ambition". It works out about 25% of what her Father's ambition was

Why dont you and St Charlie want away? Why you still hanging around?

Reed was working on the "targets" , and achieved them He got rid of Lambert, Shaw and Lallana

Job done, apart from Lovren and Schneiderlin of course

+ Fonte and Cork......so basically a large part of the team that finished 8th last year.....we will become the new Newcastle but with clogs on and will finish nowhere near 8th.

So we made £25m more than NUFC in the past year. Over the past three years, our outgoings have also been a lot higher. I think NUFC are up about £25m, while we are down by about the same amount. Then let's not forget gate receipts. NUFC probably take £11m than us in gate receipts every season (just averaging their 20k more supporters per game at £30 a ticket over 19 games, so the reality might be very different). Sponsorship also brings in more for NUFC. They also are on TV more and get more from that than us.

They are a bigger club than us - 2012/3 their turnover was £95.9m which was 34% more than ours. That they aren't always doing very well on the pitch is something different.

Are you seriously telling me you don't think we can compete with Newcastle when it comes to signing players!?

Bit weird how Reed was talking about our scouting network and all the targets we are working on before we appointed Koeman yet we have signed and are mostly linked with players from Holland.

Players and their agents have choices though. Caulker is an example of that. He's had definate offers from 2 clubs but is waiting to see who else wants him and what they offer.

Bony at Swansea is another one doing that.

The longer an in demand player holds out, the better the deal they'll get.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I totally agree. And whats more, not only have those two new players arrived c/o Koeman ie nothing to do with our superb scouting network reg trademark but seemingly only dutch players fit the bill plus 2 players who scored against Saints last year in Redmond and Ings and two who stopped us in Marshall and caulker. Now forgive me for staying the obvious but to me it does seem like that bunch of buttons the analysts press every game to denote who did what and when must give one hell of a brucey bonus to whoever scores against at us or stopped us scoring. I could have told you that a guy who scores against us might be worth looking at and vice versa without analysis. I reckon all those video all those sheets of analysis are a very good fun job for saints enthusiasts to make some kind of a living from but on terms of delivering the right players - i reckon the way its set up favours whoever plays well against us on the basis that we are great. But we are not all

That great. So it will deliver a list of the top twenty EPL players last year. Just like we could do. Are they available? How much? Will they join! Can the gaffer swing it with his reputation? All these are as important. And u reckon up until Koeman starting its why we were shut at buying good players. Good videos mean diddly squat frankly. If Koeman wants his old 37 CB here at SFC he will but him no matter if the vid says he's a donkey.

What would be "weird" is a club with no flexibility in its transfer policy.

Are you seriously telling me you don't think we can compete with Newcastle when it comes to signing players!?

NO, I never said that. You seem to think that Newcastle shouldn't have an appeal that might be greater than us. I merely pointed out that they were a bigger club and had more resources than we do, which for some reason you fail to acknowledge.

It's interesting that Koeman said he wants to play wingers, considering we have none. Midfield is our only well stocked position but now were short there too. We really are going to have to speed things up because I can see us taking too long and doing some last minute signings who aren't up to scratch

It's interesting that Koeman said he wants to play wingers, considering we have none. Midfield is our only well stocked position but now were short there too. We really are going to have to speed things up because I can see us taking too long and doing some last minute signings who aren't up to scratch

Fits in with the reports that were after Nathan Redmond. Would really suit our target system and style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah is a bit. He made a point of saying how hard they were all working yet it seems like most of the players we are going for are linked to the manager.

Winger area is the weakest aspect of our squad because for two years we didn't play with them.

Could argue the only positions we are ok in currently are RB and central midfield.

Will certainly need to accelerate our signings as currently are netting at minus two in the squad versus last season with two in and four first team squad members out. Plus Jay Rod who will miss at least 3 months.

Yeah is a bit. He made a point of saying how hard they were all working yet it seems like most of the players we are going for are linked to the manager.

Does Koeman have multi nationality because in the last 2 weeks I have seen Greek, Iranian, Argentinian, English and Scottish still whatever floats your boat

Really? We only lost Lallana and have replaced him with Tadic. Unless we lose Schneiderlin, we have him, Cork, Wanyama, Davis, Ward-Prowse, Gaston and back up with the likes of Reed coming through. How many midfielders do we need? If we play wingers, then Rodriguez when he's fit, Isgrove, Mayuka are possibilities out wide, but then we are probably scouting fast wide players anyway to suit Koeman's style of play.

Harry Redknapp has made Aston Villa centre-half Ron Vlaar, 29, a £4m target for QPR. Birmingham Mail

Surely we can offer a better deal than 'arry?

In the last year of his contract according to that so Villa might be willing to cash in and avoid losing him for nothing. Certainly had a good World Cup...coming here to work with a Dutch legend might be appealing to him. At £4m surely worth a punt?

As I understand it TADIC can play out wide, similar to Lallana last year plus he is a better passer / crosser alledgelly

NO, I never said that. You seem to think that Newcastle shouldn't have an appeal that might be greater than us. I merely pointed out that they were a bigger club and had more resources than we do, which for some reason you fail to acknowledge.

What I was saying was that the supposed Itk'er said we lost out on Janmaat because the cost and wages was too much for us to afford I was merely pointing out that if we wanted to we could have !?

£10 million for Pelle though? I'm not convinced he will be successful at all. So it seems Ronald will try and bring in a few lower profile signing, hope he's aware of the meltdown thar will cause on here

But RK is convinced, and presumably Reed etc, so thats what matters. You retain the absolute right to shout at RK all you like if he gets it wrong, or you can cheer Pelle to the roof and sing his name while forgetting your past concerns - thats how it works

Harry Redknapp has made Aston Villa centre-half Ron Vlaar, 29, a £4m target for QPR. Birmingham Mail

Surely we can offer a better deal than 'arry?

Maybe but let's not get greedy. If Harry has turned his attention to Vlaar it probably means we have jumped into pole position for Caulker.. Can't have both (esp if Lovren stays).

So you are saying we dont have 20 scouts in different countries now just ones in the Netherlands because we have a Dutch manager.... Reed was lying nice one.

No I wasn't saying any of that. You just invented it. I would have expected us to make a signing or two that isn't linked to the new manager by now if they were working as hard as they said they were behind the scenes for so long.

No I wasn't saying any of that. You just invented it. I would have expected us to make a signing or two that isn't linked to the new manager by now if they were working as hard as they said they were behind the scenes for so long.

You point is fair.

For some reason people think when you suggest something at Saints isnt perfect that you are a bedwetter, or are totally wrong etc.

Do not see what is wrong with the point you are making.

We clearly have a very advanced acouting system, however its clear that Pelle and Tadic (whilst we may have been looking at them anyway) were firmly Koeman's choices. Nothing wrong with that, nothing wrong with saying that.

Surely?

Bit of a log-jam in the market around a small group of CBs. Lovren seems to be the key to it - players are therefore keeping their options open as some of Liverpool's targets are probably also Saints's. Would Vlaar consider QPR or Saints a step up though from Villa? I know they are stagnating until Lerner gets what he wants in terms of selling the club but I didn't get the impression he (Vlaar) was unsettled there. I suppose a healthy post-WC signing on fee wouldn't hurt his bank balance but Villa are a historically big club.

I've always said we need another CB anyway regardless of whether Lovren goes or not so if he does, make that two new CBs.

Obviously any signings need both the transfer committee agreeing on targets and them being willing to join. The Dutch ones were first to sign because of Koeman's reputation and the fact the he knew of interest beforehand. In the Pelle interview he acknowledged he had had some kind of discussion before RK even left Feyenoord. That doesnt mean most of our targets are Dutch.

Edited by buctootim

I didn't get the impression he (Vlaar) was unsettled there. I suppose a healthy post-WC signing on fee wouldn't hurt his bank balance but Villa are a historically big club.

No idea whats in his mind, obviously, but he is entering the last year of his contract so unless thats resolved very soon presumably he'll be leaving.

youre STILL persisting with the generic troll defence when 5 minutes on any football forum will show even the simplest mind that the majority of football fans in this country are negative and fear the worst.

'Of course, club x, y z never does it the easy way'. Every forum. But reality doesn't help your posts does it

Seems to be an epidemic of these discussions.

Please bear in mind that nobody else cares about your conversation.

Perhaps PM is a more appropriate way to continue it?