Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

So we can sell Lallana and Shaw for big fees, but balk at paying that level when hunting for replacements? That sounds uncomfortably close to Lowe style management...buy 'em in cheap and hope they're good enough. So much for spending all the transfer fees on strengthening the squad...or was that a lie too?

No its called being prudent about what you pay and make sure its fair value. Do we have to have debate again about how high cost purchases dont automatically turn out to be great, and how low / reasonable cost ones can do, provided the manager / scouts choose well?

So we can sell Lallana and Shaw for big fees, but balk at paying that level when hunting for replacements? That sounds uncomfortably close to Lowe style management...buy 'em in cheap and hope they're good enough. So much for spending all the transfer fees on strengthening the squad...or was that a lie too?

I guess we do not want to pay £16m for another Osvaldo when we paid only £7m for Jay-Rod!

It's not Lowe style at all - It's just the right man at the right price..

If we can't match Newcastle for wages or fees we may as well give up !

I don't believe we were ever in for Janmaat so it was a free run for them on that one...

If we really wanted a player and if we were up against Newcastle for their signature we could and would compete very strongly against them.

If we can't match Newcastle for wages or fees we may as well give up !

Why do you say that? NUFC fan base is bigger than ours. Their average attendance is 67% higher than ours. They have an owner, who despite what people say, has sunk more into the club than most give him credit for. And....he is (possibly) richer than our owner.

The bit in all this that interests me the most (not from a signing of players perspective), is what happened with MP and his goings on (or not). Unfortunately I suspect that we will never find out, at least not while he is ensconced at Spurs (so actually, it might happen sooner rather than later).

No its called being prudent about what you pay and make sure its fair value. Do we have to have debate again about how high cost purchases dont automatically turn out to be great, and how low / reasonable cost ones can do, provided the manager / scouts choose well?

Its OK. People just like to moan. They moaned about how little we got for Lallana and Shaw. They would moan like hell if we paid £10m for Marshall or Forster. They moan that RK told the press there were no bids when there were but would have moaned if he had ramped up the debate by saying there was. It's a British thing to moan.

there are many PL clubs also trying to find central defenders at the moment so its not gonna be easy. Or cheap.

It frustrates me that Jos is still in the squad and are first backup in the centre. Cause even if we hang on to DL now, then its only time before he's on his way. We have to get a CB before the season starts.

Do we have a left back? ie one whose played there at PL level. And not a right back just moved sideways.

Had a chat with my source last night. Here's the main bits.

Koeman has missed out on a couple of players and is said to be becoming frustrated in his search for defenders.

Lovren situation being monitored very closely. No decision as yet. Could go either way. Certainly won't be allowed to leave before a replacement is identified.

Koeman believes that too much money is being paid for players by premier league clubs and that he has identified players who aren't household names for a fraction of tne price. Says the World Cup doesn't help as it just seems to over inflate player values. Don't expect the signing of anyone who had a decent WC.

Martins Indi was spoken to but he was set on going to Portugal as it's his home country. Also spoke to Janmaat but fee too high & other clubs are offering silly wages.

Caulker was spoken to and visited Staplewood before Koeman's arrival but I'm told that Koeman isn't keen.

Club has received an initial enquiry about Chambers.

RK saying that the club had not received offers for AL & LS was a lie. Talks began before the WC but he didn't want to upset the fans and the club didn't want transfer talk to overshadow their performances at the WC... Not much chance of that.

MoPo instructed not to come fishing for players when he left. Despite this, Spurs have definitely been in touch re. Schneiderlin. Koeman desperate to keep him more than any other player. Board believe MoPo is responsible for the unrest with certain players.

Goalkeeper will probably be the next announcement. Approaches made to 2 clubs but no names given. Again, club/Koeman not happy about some of the figures being quoted for goalkeepers.

Currently talking to 2 clubs about the sale of Osvaldo, one is Galatasaray. Money offered is no where near what we paid.

No contact with Burnley re. Ings.

Loads of press speculation about players, none of whom have been discussed so it's pure fabrication. The targets that Koeman has identified have not been mentioned in the press. Basically the press don't have a clue who Koeman is chasing and the club want it keeping that way.

I could of wrote that and I have no source who is 'ITK'. Indi is an obvious link due to new manager and all other bits have been on here or in the papers. Nothing new discovered by me from this post...

So suddenly this post has become the "template of truth".:rolleyes: Allow me a short while and I will compose a lengthy ITK post stating that we are after Robben, Muller and Bale.

So are we led to believe YOU have become 'itk' now???

Lol....

Check his post history folks....

Exactly my first thought.

Agree. Lowe came in for alot of stick for being tight with the cash but the simple fact was that he didnt have much to play with. For a period he had to run the club on home crowds of 15k and there wasnt the SKY money around there is now. He still managed to bring in players like Dean Richards, Killer, Niemi, Pahars etc. Yep there were some duds but there was quality too. It is about spending whatever money you have as wisely as possible. Even the "great" Cortese bought some duds!

Koeman has missed out on a couple of players and is said to be becoming frustrated in his search for defenders.

Lovren situation being monitored very closely. No decision as yet. Could go either way. Certainly won't be allowed to leave before a replacement is identified.

Koeman believes that too much money is being paid for players by premier league clubs and that he has identified players who aren't household names for a fraction of tne price. Says the World Cup doesn't help as it just seems to over inflate player values. Don't expect the signing of anyone who had a decent WC.

Martins Indi was spoken to but he was set on going to Portugal as it's his home country. Also spoke to Janmaat but fee too high & other clubs are offering silly wages.

Caulker was spoken to and visited Staplewood before Koeman's arrival but I'm told that Koeman isn't keen.

Club has received an initial enquiry about Chambers.

RK saying that the club had not received offers for AL & LS was a lie. Talks began before the WC but he didn't want to upset the fans and the club didn't want transfer talk to overshadow their performances at the WC... Not much chance of that.

MoPo instructed not to come fishing for players when he left. Despite this, Spurs have definitely been in touch re. Schneiderlin. Koeman desperate to keep him more than any other player. Board believe MoPo is responsible for the unrest with certain players.

Goalkeeper will probably be the next announcement. Approaches made to 2 clubs but no names given. Again, club/Koeman not happy about some of the figures being quoted for goalkeepers.

Currently talking to 2 clubs about the sale of Osvaldo, one is Galatasaray. Money offered is no where near what we paid.

No contact with Burnley re. Ings.

Loads of press speculation about players, none of whom have been discussed so it's pure fabrication. The targets that Koeman has identified have not been mentioned in the press. Basically the press don't have a clue who Koeman is chasing and the club want it keeping that way.

Six weeks ago you were saying, and I quote "we are being asset stripped and the club will be sold". 31/5/14.

Curious to know what makes you more ITK now than you were than.

As someone else as pointed out most everything in your post is already pretty common conjecture or standard bargaining.

I could of wrote that and I have no source who is 'ITK'. Indi is an obvious link due to new manager and all other bits have been on here or in the papers. Nothing new discovered by me from this post...

Does not strike me as being very ITK either...

Martins Indi was always going to Porto (it was reported just before the World Cup even started) so the statement that he was spoken to probably means RonKo wished him "Good Morning and good luck" and not "Will you sign".

£10 million for Pelle though? I'm not convinced he will be successful at all. So it seems Ronald will try and bring in a few lower profile signing, hope he's aware of the meltdown thar will cause on here

No, probably not aware and if he was he wouldn't give a sh*t, nor should he.

£10 million for Pelle though? I'm not convinced he will be successful at all. So it seems Ronald will try and bring in a few lower profile signing, hope he's aware of the meltdown thar will cause on here

£6.5m plus add ons is what I read.

Why do you say that? NUFC fan base is bigger than ours. Their average attendance is 67% higher than ours. They have an owner, who despite what people say, has sunk more into the club than most give him credit for. And....he is (possibly) richer than our owner.

Er because we have just made nigh on £60m !?

So are we led to believe YOU have become 'itk' now???

Lol....

Check his post history folks....

Yeah, I was going to query that. When did it become accepted that Sidney was ITK? Genuine Q. At any rate, I'm inclined to believe KBilly *and* Guan on the matter of Ings.

Er because we have just made nigh on £60m !?

So we made £25m more than NUFC in the past year. Over the past three years, our outgoings have also been a lot higher. I think NUFC are up about £25m, while we are down by about the same amount. Then let's not forget gate receipts. NUFC probably take £11m than us in gate receipts every season (just averaging their 20k more supporters per game at £30 a ticket over 19 games, so the reality might be very different). Sponsorship also brings in more for NUFC. They also are on TV more and get more from that than us.

They are a bigger club than us - 2012/3 their turnover was £95.9m which was 34% more than ours. That they aren't always doing very well on the pitch is something different.

That was my thought reading that, just pieced together the rumours on here and nicely made it into an "ITK" post.

Yes, you're saying he's upset, where did you get this info from? Are you ITK Batman? Sound like it.

no I am not. Sydney suggested that Koeman is not happy about fees. I merely (wrongly in your opinion, i reckon) suggest that he cant be that naive on the prices of premier league players when he has just seen Lallana sold for more than Toni Kroos

Edited by Batman

Not keen on Caulker? Odd

I can understand that - Good defender (and attacker) at set pieces but average on the ball and has a turning circle as slow as a container ship in the Solent...

Yes, I suspect that RK may be seeking more of a continental ball player, rather than an immovable object at the back which has been our more traditional approach in this country.

I've said it before, but I would love for us to get Caulker. With time, he could be an England starter in the future.

And we wonder why our national team fails to match the Germans, or Dutch.

Surely we can't think that Reed and Krueger were lying lol. I tHink it was obvious the club were talking before the WC and probably as the season ended. Bring in 100 m spend 30 and bingo you can draw out a nice little wedge. Their prerogative of course,but don't lie to your customers

There is a difference between clubs talking about transfers and actually receiving offers, you know.

As to whether we spend all of the funds received on replacements for the players who have left, we will have to wait and see, won't we? I presume that you base your assumption on us receiving vastly inflated fees for Lallana and Shaw and have spent just a fraction of that on Pelle and Tadic. Who is to say that the surplus won't be spent on other players to strengthen those positions that we all know we needed cover and improved quality for? As long as the incoming players are deemed to be as good as those they replace, it is largely irrelevant whether they cost less, unless of course you believe that all players of equal quality have to cost the same, regardless of where they came from? If we paid £8 million for Lovren and he then is worth £25 million a little over a year later, would you insist that we pay £25 million on his replacement, when it could be possible to pick up somebody as good for the £8 million he originally cost us?

Sounds like re-hash to me, could see the Everton link if they were looking to replace Barkley who may be Man City bound.

Not sure 'playmaker' is really a priority for us at the moment either, we have tadic, there may be more to come from Ramirez and Reed and JWP are both pushing for central midfield spots, not to mention the ever dependable Davis.

Bit disillusioned. We have been apparently working incredibly hard on transfers yet the only two we have got so far have been because of the new manager, We need to get a few in soon to prove that we are making the right moves and show our ambition to the wantaway players.

Think there still might be quite a few first teamers leaving :( I'm hearing that Lovren, Cork & Fonte are all training with the kids :(

FFS Lovren, fine, but the other two need their contracts renewed. You can't build a team with a bunch of strangers

Bit disillusioned. We have been apparently working incredibly hard on transfers yet the only two we have got so far have been because of the new manager, We need to get a few in soon to prove that we are making the right moves and show our ambition to the wantaway players.

Bit weird how Reed was talking about our scouting network and all the targets we are working on before we appointed Koeman yet we have signed and are mostly linked with players from Holland.

Bit weird how Reed was talking about our scouting network and all the targets we are working on before we appointed Koeman yet we have signed and are mostly linked with players from Holland.

Out of curiousity since I haven´t seen any more links now, what players from Holland are we really linked with now after Pelle and Tadic has arrived?

I see links to Redmond, Caulker, Ings, Wickham, Forster and Van Dijk if you stretch it...