Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

I posted that link yesterday at 6.15pm. Doesn't appear to have elicited much excitement. His stats don't inspire much enthusiasm.

That article suggests he can play in both defence and in midfield on the left.

May suit a flying WB position?

Can't find stats for assists and stuff?

Also describes the 27 year old as a starlet?

Hmm. Yea, not over enthused, but hey, an Argentine Danny Fox might be exactly what RK wants with our young options on the left.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2693322/Manchester-United-target-Bruno-Martins-Indi-joins-Porto-Feyenoord-reported-6m.html#comments

Bruno Martins Indi now gone.

I felt we should've went for him too, and at 6 million isn't a bad deal.

I did at first but he was a bit error prone in the world cup - or was I just being too critical. Certainly not as solid as Lovren was last season and if we do lose Dejan I would expect an upgrade (as promised)

That article suggests he can play in both defence and in midfield on the left.

May suit a flying WB position?

Can't find stats for assists and stuff?

Also describes the 27 year old as a starlet?

Hmm. Yea, not over enthused, but hey, an Argentine Danny Fox might be exactly what RK wants with our young options on the left.

Think we can and will do better than that.

Only possibility is that we really do have faith in Targett and just want an experienced figure to provide a bit of cover in that position, but this chap doesn't even sound like the best fit in that regard.

Edited by Sour Mash

Is it worth telling the Scousers that if they buy our entire team they will finish 8th in the Prem next season !!!
I assume the Burnley fans feel the same about us, there again they must still love us for buying Fox

Sensitive signings he said.....wait for the smileys.....but.... I want to know now!! :)

Fwiw I think it´s about another Feyenoord player or two....

*sits down and try to relax*

No point getting too wound up about it because if they are sensitive they are also hard to get over the line and there is every chance they won't happen. If we were clear favourites they wouldn't be so sensitive.

Sensitive signings he said.....wait for the smileys.....but.... I want to know now!! :)

Fwiw I think it´s about another Feyenoord player or two....

*sits down and try to relax*

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/05/20/southampton-eye-liverpool-full-back-jose-enrique-as-saints-prepare-for-luke-shaw-exit/

We were linked with Enrique last year as a Shaw replacement, he's not in Scousehamptons squad tonight......

Would de Vrij be interested in a mid table PL club? After the WC he had someone better than us will surely come in for him at some stage this window.

Mid-table? We're joint top at the moment… ;-)

(oh okay, joint bottom)

There's no point in keeping disgruntled players, so the issue of whether we're a "selling club" is not really relevant and perhaps not even that important to a club like ours.

What IS important in that situation is that A) we get "top dollar" for disgruntled players, B) we scout well and find quality replacements at value prices, and C) we have the incoming transfers lined-up before we let the outgoing players leave, so that we lessen the chances of being asked to pay inflated prices because we're perceived to be desperate and rolling in cash.

IMO that's a realistic and credible business model for a club like Saints. Scout well, buy low, sell high (if you have to sell). And always keep the academy conveyor belt rolling.

In fact, I'd say that's the only way we can function in today's world, so I'm becoming more comfortable with the situation with each passing day.

There's no point in keeping disgruntled players, so the issue of whether we're a "selling club" is not really relevant and perhaps not even that important to a club like ours.

What IS important in that situation is that A) we get "top dollar" for disgruntled players, B) we scout well and find quality replacements at value prices, and C) we have the incoming transfers lined-up before we let the outgoing players leave, so that we lessen the chances of being asked to pay inflated prices because we're perceived to be desperate and rolling in cash.

IMO that's a realistic and credible business model for a club like Saints. Scout well, buy low, sell high (if you have to sell). And always keep the academy conveyor belt rolling.

In fact, I'd say that's the only way we can function in today's world, so I'm becoming more comfortable with the situation with each passing day.

Right on the money. Good post sir.

Yes agree with that. I made a similar post a month ago and IIRC the reply to quote was "aha, we have finally found Rupert Lowe!" :)

Unlikely anyone would be coming in next 48 hours, surely, as the decision makers are sur Le Continente.

Next week maybe.

I think that there is one of those modern new-fangled devices called a telephone that could be used. I think that we can afford the roaming charges - or are things worse than we thought! ;)

Livorno president Aldo Spinelli has confirmed that West Ham, Stoke and Southampton are among the Premier League clubs eyeing a move for Brazilian striker Paulinho.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer/news/11700/9384406/transfer-news-west-ham-stoke-and-southampton-eye-livorno-striker-paulinho

I'm beginning to think these stories are being generated by the club and agent. Having been relegated, Livorno are desperate to generate funds and cut him from the wage bill despite his importance. They are continually rehashing this interest with apparent little substance.

Zakaria Bakkali, apparently available around £6m...

Is this a rumour or are you just saying that he is available? Either way, PSV dont seem to think he's available and are intent on stopping any move away. On top of all that, he is being linked to Liverpool, Arsenal and Real Madrid. Im not sure we're able to compete with them.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/07/15/liverpool-arsenal-linked-bakkali-not-welcome-with-psv-first-team/

Source? Sure he's meant to be the next big thing... Very cheap if so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One year left on his contract and doesn't want to extend. Training with the reserves at PSV. After starting last season very well he was awful for the second half not getting in a rather bad PSV team. I'm not sure I'd pay 6 million for him, seems to be a bit of a disruptive influence aswell.

Had a chat with my source last night. Here's the main bits.

Koeman has missed out on a couple of players and is said to be becoming frustrated in his search for defenders.

Lovren situation being monitored very closely. No decision as yet. Could go either way. Certainly won't be allowed to leave before a replacement is identified.

Koeman believes that too much money is being paid for players by premier league clubs and that he has identified players who aren't household names for a fraction of tne price. Says the World Cup doesn't help as it just seems to over inflate player values. Don't expect the signing of anyone who had a decent WC.

Martins Indi was spoken to but he was set on going to Portugal as it's his home country. Also spoke to Janmaat but fee too high & other clubs are offering silly wages.

Caulker was spoken to and visited Staplewood before Koeman's arrival but I'm told that Koeman isn't keen.

Club has received an initial enquiry about Chambers.

RK saying that the club had not received offers for AL & LS was a lie. Talks began before the WC but he didn't want to upset the fans and the club didn't want transfer talk to overshadow their performances at the WC... Not much chance of that.

MoPo instructed not to come fishing for players when he left. Despite this, Spurs have definitely been in touch re. Schneiderlin. Koeman desperate to keep him more than any other player. Board believe MoPo is responsible for the unrest with certain players.

Goalkeeper will probably be the next announcement. Approaches made to 2 clubs but no names given. Again, club/Koeman not happy about some of the figures being quoted for goalkeepers.

Currently talking to 2 clubs about the sale of Osvaldo, one is Galatasaray. Money offered is no where near what we paid.

No contact with Burnley re. Ings.

Loads of press speculation about players, none of whom have been discussed so it's pure fabrication. The targets that Koeman has identified have not been mentioned in the press. Basically the press don't have a clue who Koeman is chasing and the club want it keeping that way.

Nice info, cheers.

Inflated fees, eh? Fancy that.

Agree, you can't complain about something you have directly profited from, just because it doesn't suit your current situation. Shame if no Ings contact IMO.

So we can sell Lallana and Shaw for big fees, but balk at paying that level when hunting for replacements? That sounds uncomfortably close to Lowe style management...buy 'em in cheap and hope they're good enough. So much for spending all the transfer fees on strengthening the squad...or was that a lie too?

Koeman has missed out on a couple of players and is said to be becoming frustrated in his search for defenders.

Lovren situation being monitored very closely. No decision as yet. Could go either way. Certainly won't be allowed to leave before a replacement is identified.

Koeman believes that too much money is being paid for players by premier league clubs and that he has identified players who aren't household names for a fraction of tne price. Says the World Cup doesn't help as it just seems to over inflate player values. Don't expect the signing of anyone who had a decent WC.

Martins Indi was spoken to but he was set on going to Portugal as it's his home country. Also spoke to Janmaat but fee too high & other clubs are offering silly wages.

Caulker was spoken to and visited Staplewood before Koeman's arrival but I'm told that Koeman isn't keen.

RK saying that the club had not received offers for AL & LS was a lie. Talks began before the WC but he didn't want to upset the fans and the club didn't want transfer talk to overshadow their performances at the WC... Not much chance of that.

MoPo instructed not to come fishing for players when he left. Despite this, Spurs have definitely been in touch re. Schneiderlin. Koeman desperate to keep him more than any other player. Board believe MoPo is responsible for the unrest with certain players.

Goalkeeper will probably be the next announcement. Approaches made to 2 clubs but no names given. Again, club/Koeman not happy about some of the figures being quoted for goalkeepers.

Currently talking to 2 clubs about the sale of Osvaldo, one is Galatasaray. Money offered is no where near what we paid.

Loads of press speculation about players, none of whom have been discussed so it's pure fabrication. The targets that Koeman has identified have not been mentioned in the press. Basically the press don't have a clue who Koeman is chasing and the club want it keeping that way.

Sounds rubbish. What did we expect? People know we have a lot of money now and will put prices up. We shouldn't have sold the other players.

So we can sell Lallana and Shaw for big fees, but balk at paying that level when hunting for replacements? That sounds uncomfortably close to Lowe style management...buy 'em in cheap and hope they're good enough. So much for spending all the transfer fees on strengthening the squad...or was that a lie too?

Surely we can't think that Reed and Krueger were lying lol. I tHink it was obvious the club were talking before the WC and probably as the season ended. Bring in 100 m spend 30 and bingo you can draw out a nice little wedge. Their prerogative of course,but don't lie to your customers

Edited by OldNick

Thank you for the news :)

Arent ITKs supposed to be far, far more cryptic? Post a few random pics and let the SWF slows guess the meaning of life? Youve told us far too much surely?

Interesting that you confirmed the Caulker visit, that confirms MLTs ITK credentials.

Keep it coming & thanks again

So are we led to believe YOU have become 'itk' now???

Lol....

Check his post history folks....