Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Jrod is going nowhere at least until he proves his recovery, I suspect the origional plan was to sort him with a new contract this summer but that won't happen as currently he may never play again. If he comes back scoring expect him to sign at Christmas.

So to summarise from ITK snippets (K Billy, Guan, Monk, Mouldy Coat*, Heisenberg**) and the more persistent press speculation thus far, we are in for another 4-5 signings following the captures of Pelle and Tadic:

GK - Marshall (£6.2 bid lodged - Monk); Forster (Mirror/Daily Record)

LB - Scottish LB who isn't necessarily Andrew Robertson, but could well be given profile and likely fee (Guan); Jetro Willems (Mouldy); Timothy Kolodziejczak (Mirror)

CB - Stefan de Vrij (unlikely to come as Manure/Lazio are circling - Guan); Virgil van Dijk (Mirror); Steven Caulker (Daily Fail)

Winger - Nathan Redmond (Telegraph); Scott Sinclair (Telegraph)

ST - Ings (various press & a couple of twitter ITK's (thefalselibero); Paulinho (Express); Connor Wickham (Daily Fail)

Other - Rugged Sean Bean type, assuming that this is not Tadic or Pelle as they do not look anything like Sean Bean.

Expect I've missed a couple and that there will be a few surprises, but by picking the more realistic targets from that list and assuming Lovren leaves and Morgan stays, our team might line up like something like this next season:

---------------Boruc--------

Clyne--Van Dijk---Fonte---Willems

-------Morgan----Big Vic---------

Ramirez----S. Davis-----Tadic

--------------Pelle

Bench:

Marshall

Chambers

JWP

Cork

Ings

Yoshida

Redmond

That bench looks pretty decent considering we have promising youngsters like Targett, Reed, Gallagher, and McQueen on the fringes of first-team squad, while the likes of Jos, Mayuka, and Billy Sharp would be confined to the training ground.

*awaiting ITK verification

** awaiting psychiatric evaluation

Edited by Toon Saint

The situation is very good, getting better by the day. The majority are optimistic but sick minded individuals like Saint Charlie can no longer help themselves. He and the others like him come on to deliberately try to stress out fans who are too naive to see thru what he's up to. He promised to change but it's evident he just can't help himself.

Christ, I only pointed out that Jay Rod's contract is running down (which is true).

Also said I don't think we will sell him this summer but of course that gets over looked.

Sick minded? OTT a little.

Christ, I only pointed out that Jay Rod's contract is running down (which is true).

Also said I don't think we will sell him this summer but of course that gets over looked.

Sick minded? OTT a little.

Not saying he was right but technically all contracts are running down ;)

So to summarise from ITK snippets (K Billy, Guan, Monk, Mouldy Coat*, Heisenberg**) and the more persistent press speculation thus far, we are in for another 4-5 signings following the captures of Pelle and Tadic:

LB - Scottish LB who isn't necessarily Andrew Robertson, but could well be given profile and likely fee (Guan); Jetro Willems (Mouldy); Timothy Kolodziejczak (Mirror)

CB - Stefan de Vrij (unlikely to come as Manure/Lazio are circling - Guan); Virgil van Dijk (Mirror); Steven Caulker (Daily Fail)

ST - Ings (various press & a couple of twitter ITK's (thefalselibero); Paulinho (Express); Connor Wickham (Daily Fail)

Other - Rugged Sean Bean type, assuming that this is not Tadic or Pelle as they do not look anything like Sean Bean.

Expect I've missed a couple and that there will be a few surprises, but by picking the more realistic targets from that list and assuming Lovren leaves and Morgan stays, our team might line up like something like this next season:

--------------Pelle

Bench:

Marshall

Chambers

JWP

Cork

Ings

Yoshida

Redmond

That bench looks pretty decent considering we have promising youngsters like Targett, Reed, Gallagher, and McQueen on the fringes of first-team squad, while the likes of Jos, Mayuka, and Billy Sharp would be confined to the training ground.

So from lots of English players starting to just the one.

--------------Pelle

Bench:

Marshall

Chambers

JWP

Cork

Ings

Yoshida

Redmond

Unless RK plays 3-5-2.

Boruc

Chambers VVD Lovren

Clyne Vic Morgan Willens

Tadic

Pelle. Ings

So from lots of English players starting to just the one.

We've just sold three and J-Rod is injured, so that removes 4 from the equation already! Plus the two foreign players we have already signed....

May well be another season or so before we see the same number of English players in the team as we had last season, unfortunately. 3 of the 5 potential signings I did mention were British, so substitute Robertson for Willems (4/5 British) and even Forster for Marshall (3/5 English), if that makes you feel better. :)

Edited by Toon Saint

I thought the club had all age groups playing 4-3-3 and whoever tookover would have to play that or have I mised something?

That's right, though I guess there is room for a bit of tactical innovation, otherwise that would be clipping Koeman's wings somewhat. 4-3-3 is one of his preferred formations anyway so I guess it is more of a shared philosophy than the club necessarily imposing 4-3-3 on RK.

Hardly our fault, we're still developing them but buying them is stupid and expensive as Liverpool have consistently proved over the years.

We've just sold three and J-Rod is injured, so that removes 4 from the equation already! Plus the two foreign players we have already signed....

May well be another season or so before we see the same number of English players in the team as we had last season, unfortunately. 3 of the 5 potential signings I did mention were British, so substitute Robertson for Willems (4/5 British) and even Forster for Marshall (3/5 English), if that makes you feel better. :)

I know it's not our fault, just commenting that there are likely to be so many fewer English players. I said on a thread a fair while ago, that I have got to the stage now, that I don't care any more. It was fantastic seeing so many young English players last season, something that bucked the trend of PL and that had the potential to make a really fun WC. But we know what happened, and that particular balloon was well and truly popped to such an extent that I don't really care who plays for us. If bringing through lots of young English players is going to lead to the team being decimated every closed season I would prefer we went down some other route. I know financially it would be good for the club, but that's not my immediate concern.

The Daily Fail rarely does. But it's a long article litterd so not quite sure what point you are making. I think what comes across to me is the sort of targets we are looking at compared to the lower Premiership sides. We really have moved on to the next level!!

Jay Rod's contract situation isnt ideal. Should have extended his contract when we had the chance in Feb.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/southampton/10578360/Luke-Shaw-and-Jay-Rodriguez-seek-assurances-from-Southampton-as-Premier-League-big-hitters-hover.html

New board not done great in this aspect so far.

How do you know what the Board are doing? Are you ITK or is this just your usual negative spin?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2690856/Jay-Rodriguez-wanted-Liverpool-Brendan-Rodgers-considers-making-offer-fourth-Southampton-star.html?offset=0&max=100#comment-59032592

Lots of Scousers being wholly under whelmed by Rodgers signing half our team. I also read that SRL might be given the 7 shirt which would suggest that he is very much at the forefront of Rodgers' plans rather than a back up. I am not sure that L'pool are going to have a great season - the pressure is going to be huge, a) to repeat or better last season and b) to show that they are serious (OK, let's use ambitious) having sold Suarez. Certainly having sold one of the best players in the world, they seem not to have replaced (yet) with world class players.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2690856/Jay-Rodriguez-wanted-Liverpool-Brendan-Rodgers-considers-making-offer-fourth-Southampton-star.html?offset=0&max=100#comment-59032592

Lots of Scousers being wholly under whelmed by Rodgers signing half our team. I also read that SRL might be given the 7 shirt which would suggest that he is very much at the forefront of Rodgers' plans rather than a back up. I am not sure that L'pool are going to have a great season - the pressure is going to be huge, a) to repeat or better last season and b) to show that they are serious (OK, let's use ambitious) having sold Suarez. Certainly having sold one of the best players in the world, they seem not to have replaced (yet) with world class players.

This is not me being bitter as I truly appreciate how good Lambert and Lallana were for us - but you just have to look at the players Arsenal are signing, Man Utd, Chelsea.....Fabregas, Luis, Sanchez, Shaw, Herrera, Zouma - they are all on a different planet in terms of quality, and it shows that Liverpool are still shopping for sloppy seconds.

They've sold their 1 world class player, and are replacing him with decent, but average (overpriced) young attacking players. It will not work. (re quote this at the end of the season if they win the league, and I will admit defeat!)

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if De Vrij does end up here.

Lazio are a big club, but if we were the only other club in for him...you'd think that the pull of the PL and the fact we have Koeman would be enough to entice him. And I'm sure we can offer a little more $$!

Lazio are big, but the Italians have huge problems in that they are all bust. Wages here, even offered by us, are generally more attractive. I am sure that others can expand, but I was led to believe that it is only really Milan that pays top dollar wages.

Lazio are big, but the Italians have huge problems in that they are all bust. Wages here, even offered by us, are generally more attractive. I am sure that others can expand, but I was led to believe that it is only really Milan that pays top dollar wages.

Exactly. The Italian league is in such a mess, people shouldn't underestimate the pull of the Premier League. I'm also not convinced he is United's top target.

Dutch press saying Clasie can choose between the top clubs in Portugal, Fiorentina and Swansea.

Would think we feel that isnt a position we need to strengthen - most of our best young players are CMs.

Fiorentina and Benfica are the best of that lot but I'm sure we could compete financially if we want him.

All over twitter this morning that Sami Khedira has signed for Arsenal for £23million, and will be confirmed in the next few hours. Hopefully should end their interest in Schneiderlin. £23million for Khedira is a bargain by the way, top player, very underrated IMO.

Dutch press saying Clasie can choose between the top clubs in Portugal, Fiorentina and Swansea.

Would think we feel that isnt a position we need to strengthen - most of our best young players are CMs.

I read one report saying he was close to RK. Despite our apparent riches in the midfield dept already, I'd have thought that RK would have been quite keen to bring him here in view of his potential.

All over twitter this morning that Sami Khedira has signed for Arsenal for £23million, and will be confirmed in the next few hours. Hopefully should end their interest in Schneiderlin. £23million for Khedira is a bargain by the way, top player, very underrated IMO.

Its Spurs that worry me with Schneiderlin. Poch loved him, made him a better player and it looks like Sandro is leaving, maybe Paulinho too. Schneiderlin would be their best central midfielder. Hopefully we can persuade him to stay. Would be massive for us.

Good to hear. Incredible signing for Arsenal if it goes through - arguably better than Sanchez considering he's just won the Champions League and World Cup. He's the exact kind of player they've missed since Vieira left, though Alex Song filled the gap briefly.

From the press it looks like Spurs are the only people after Schneiderlin. I think we'll be able to fend them off unless Morgan is desperate to reunite with Pochettino. One more season of improvement and he'll be able to go to a club with guaranteed Champions League football before France's next tournament.

Edited by DuncanRG

Its Spurs that worry me with Schneiderlin. Poch loved him, made him a better player and it looks like Sandro is leaving, maybe Paulinho too. Schneiderlin would be their best central midfielder. Hopefully we can persuade him to stay. Would be massive for us.

Disagree, Schneiderlin has been this good for a long time, he just got more noticed for it after his first season in the prem because he upped his own game even further. I'm sure most managers would love to have Schneiderlin, doesn't change the fact its going to cost them 25M minimum because we don't want to sell and so will take big bucks for us to be interested in any negotiation. My advice stop worrying about Spurs and enjoy the run up to the start of the season mate, if he goes we will inevitably mug someone in the process.

Disagree, Schneiderlin has been this good for a long time, he just got more noticed for it after his first season in the prem because he upped his own game even further. I'm sure most managers would love to have Schneiderlin, doesn't change the fact its going to cost them 25M minimum because we don't want to sell and so will take big bucks for us to be interested in any negotiation. My advice stop worrying about Spurs and enjoy the run up to the start of the season mate, if he goes we will inevitably mug someone in the process.

I was gonna say, Pochettino improved most of our players but Schneiderlin was just as good, if not better, under Adkins in the PL.

Listening in on a bit of Burnley chat over weekend, they are convinced Ings is staying! Not sure if we are even in for him, but looking unlikely! We def need a speedy striker though, so interesting to see who we have in mind!

Mates from netley saying we're not interested.

If Arsenal can get a couple of decent strikers (Remy, Bony etc) and some full backs they ought to be challenging for the title next season

Much as I love Sanchez (I really do, love watching him, think he really is class) I feel like with Ozil it's just not a priority for them.

They need 2 FBs, I don't much fancy Debuchy (why he is preferred over Sagna for France is baffling) and I'm not mad keen on either Gibbs or Monreal.

Giroud is good, but he can't do it alone again. They need another striker to help him out.

I still think they need another CB as well.

Sanchez is class, and I have no doubt he will do well. But there are areas Arsenal need more strengthening first, IMO.

Still, if they do get some of those and this strength and conditioning chap they have hired from the German team can stop some of the injuries they may well have a good season.

Listening in on a bit of Burnley chat over weekend, they are convinced Ings is staying! Not sure if we are even in for him, but looking unlikely! We def need a speedy striker though, so interesting to see who we have in mind!

Mates from netley saying we're not interested.

He's interested though.

Everton interested in Cork apparently. Wouldn't be suprised to see him keep his options open until next summer.

If I was manager he'd be the first I sign up. Can't understand why he's been out of the frame.

Good call. Most people won't have spotted that this guy who plays for Real Madrid and is worth £23m is a good player.

I was more getting at the fact that if you asked for someone to list Real Madrid or Germany's top players most would probably forget him off their list. But thanks for that...