Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Not sure how to edit it but mods feel free to delete if inappropriate. As for "if true", I have absolutely no reason to make up a cock and bull story, not my style, just passing on this chance encounter, as my pathetic little ITK debut. Sorry :(

Have to pay a fiver for editing rights!

That's Him looking for a ew job!

Not sure he said too much untoward. Just said that Tadic is amazing and looked at someone when the name Forster was mentioned. Didn't seem to confirm or deny it. With regard to Lovrens, we all knew that anyway didn't we?

Edited by St Chalet

Classie?

IMO, we'll see - Forster, Virgil, Armero, Ings, Pelle, Classie join Tadic.

Be delighted with that, although think we could do better than Armero (infact be pleased if we gave tht one a miss).

Tbf most teams in Holland are very aware of their place in the football food chain and aren+t deluded about that.

They might be disappointed but look at all reactions given to Tadic now, only good luck wishes and praising...

They will use the money they get to track down new talents to bring through their league and sell later on for high fees...and are very happy with that.

Very much the same as the model now in place at Saints. One could say that this model has worked excellently for us over the close season

Very much the same as the model now in place at Saints. One could say that this model has worked excellently for us over the close season

Yes definitely. I was more pointing out that they are aware of it and are accepting that situation.

While I dont think we do it in the same way, just look at threads about Lallana and Lovren is evidence enough....(of course many here also accept that but I think the majority doesn´t)

Yes definitely. I was more pointing out that they are aware of it and are accepting that situation.

While I dont think we do it in the same way, just look at threads about Lallana and Lovren is evidence enough....(of course many here also accept that but I think the majority doesn´t)

Have you completely missed why fans are p****d off with Lallana and Lovren?

I'm not sure people are upset with Lovren and Lallana for leaving, it's the manner of their leaving that is the issue. I'm sure that if Tadic had gone on strike and spoken of how he wanted to leave Twente whilst playing for them last season then I think their fans might have thought him to be a proper **** too. However, if you happen to leave in the manner of Lambert, or Shaw then they go with our best wishes.

Maybe it's the players that need to accept their position in world football rather than the fans?

Agree. Obviously its emotional for fans when players leave but those running the club need to be dealing in cold hard reality not dreamland. Reality is that good players will always want to leave us for so called bigger clubs. Once that is accepted, which it is by the people who run the club, you can then go about putting in a model that takes advantage of that situation as best you can. I believe the club has attempted to do that - ie bring young players on and sell later for top dollar. I was reading the Celtic forum earlier and they understand this model too. Didn't Cortese say that even the manager was "just an employee" who could be replaced because of the philosophy and systems that have been put in place? The danger of this model is that you don't want to compromise the first team to such a degree that you get relegated - to my mind that means not selling any more players than we already have this summer.

Classie?

Swap Robertson for Amero and we've cleaned up there, we'd have a better team than when we finished last season with more strength in depth provided we kept the rest. Add Redmond and maybe Caulker and Happy days

Classie?

I would rather Robertson than Armero. Would also like to see an additional CB (in the inevitable event of Lovren leaving).

And I would still have some concerns with our strike force given that we won't have a striker of sufficient quality with any premier league experience. Wouldn't mind us signing Borini to give just that.

Apparently Caulker doesn't fancy a move to QPR and would prefer to join Saints. Didn't somebody say they'd seen him at Staplewood a couple of weeks ago?

Wether the "prefer to join Saints" bit is right or not I can certainly understand a reluctance to join QPR :lol:

Wether the "prefer to join Saints" bit is right or not I can certainly understand a reluctance to join QPR :lol:

Depends if they are now paying sensible wages or still chucking money at anyone and everyone. BTW, what is happening with their FFP problems?

Sky Sports understands clubs from both England and Europe are interested in signing Jack Rodwell from Manchester City. Newcastle, Sunderland, Stoke, Hull, Southampton, West Ham, Tottenham, Swansea, West Brom and former club Everton, as well as teams in Spain and Italy, all have an interest in landing him.

I haven't seen him linked but what about Alex McCarthy at Reading? Apparently has one year left on his contract. Maybe not immediate first choice but an excellent backup keeper to provide competition.

A few people including me have spoken highly of him and viewed him as ideal purchase. Keeping my fingers crossed that the club will turn their attention his way.

Sky Sports understands clubs from both England and Europe are interested in signing Jack Rodwell from Manchester City. Newcastle, Sunderland, Stoke, Hull, Southampton, West Ham, Tottenham, Swansea, West Brom and former club Everton, as well as teams in Spain and Italy, all have an interest in landing him.

Him & Caulker would be good signings. Rodwell would need to drop his wage demands though

Him and Richards from City would be shrewd. So many players who retire early from the game by joining a big club tend to excel once they leave - Scott Parker after Chelsea springs to mind. Young, English and with something to prove.

Only stumbling block might be wages. Some of those teams listed will pay more than we will.

Would hate to see us getting Richards because, although I like him as a player, it would stymie the development of Clyne and/or Chambers. As well as that, his wages would probably be astronomical. There might be an argument for playing him as a CB, but why pigeonhole him there when we could invest in a more suitable player?

Would hate to see us getting Richards because, although I like him as a player, it would stymie the development of Clyne and/or Chambers. As well as that, his wages would probably be astronomical. There might be an argument for playing him as a CB, but why pigeonhole him there when we could invest in a more suitable player?

yeah i agree, for similar reason I'm not down with signing Jermaine Jenas (or Jack Rodwell or whatever he's calling himself now) either.

We dont know that Clyne might not be left back this season !

You could make an argument for not bringing anyone in that could harm the youngsters to be honest.

Edited by beatlesaint

I don't think it's a case of turning him into a CB, he is a CB, he was never as comfortable at RB. Good pace and strength. Would be very happy with him at CB. Delighted with Rodwell to replace Morgan too. Don't think we need CMs, but signing a young player who cost 30m not long ago wouldn't be a bad move.

That's true, and I suppose the club would benefit from his flexibility in being able to slot in at RB of necessary. But for me that still doesn't explain why City were so reluctant to play Richards at CB when they've suffered so many injuries in that position. Also, I'm still not sure that the club would see it as the best investment of money right now with regards to fee & wages. Not the worst by any means, but there are better signings out there.

Not sure about the love-in for Micah. I've not seen a great deal of him for a couple of seasons, what I did see it was obvious that his positioning and distribution were areas for improvement..

There must be better options around that are cheaper to purchase, expect less in salary and are better footballers... but apart from that :p

Richards and Rodwell would be good signings if the prices and wages were right. Something to prove for both but worries over their fitness, seem to get a fair few injuries.

I'd also happily have Redmond, yeh maybe not the complete package but he's still only 20, with good coaching could make him a more complete player. Of course he could turn into a worse Arron Lennon.

Be happy with Caulker as well. Kind of like signing England B if we got those 4!

Not so much on Borini though, striker that doesn't really score.

I think Viera sussed Micah Richards out pretty quickly. Not for me thanks.

Caulker's worth a punt IMHO.

Rodwell maybe.

Agree about Richards (probably on astronomical wages too) and Caulker.

Roswell is too injury prone for me and even if he was available on the cheap would be on massive wages. Could get someone like Gonalons or one of the Benders for not too much more and similar wages, or a prospect like Onazi or that young Bosnian who was quite good at the WC whose name currently eludes me....