Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

You'd buy him for potential. He has more time to improve than Lallana or JRod did after 1 season.

Plus, how many of his passes or crosses were fluffed by van wolfswinkel?

Dont know but dont think that´s too many either. Potential he might have, just think he atm is very average and predictable.

And I think a lot of people here are blinded by his performance against us in that one game and hasn´t really watched him a lot last season....

Southampton would surely be the more desirable choice for Redmond between us and Stoke. I'd imagine most fans would welcome him as he seems to be a highly promising, young English striker who seems to fit into the new system it is said that Koeman will use. And, to be honest, what alternatives have we got at the moment?

With Redmond, we'd be buying potential. Granted, he hasn't set the world alight at Norwich but in the right environment & under a coach like Koeman, he could well flourish & fulfil his potential.

Also worth noting that bar Rodriguez, we don't have anyone in our squad like Redmond. He has pace, power, is very direct & spends most of the game hugging the touchline. He'd suit Koeman's style & wouldn't cost a fortune either.

In more ways than one, this move makes sense & wouldn't be at all surprising - especially as we were interested in him last summer...

With Redmond, we'd be buying potential. Granted, he hasn't set the world alight at Norwich but in the right environment & under a coach like Koeman, he could well flourish & fulfil his potential.

Also worth noting that bar Rodriguez, we don't have anyone in our squad like Redmond. He has pace, power, is very direct & spends most of the game hugging the touchline. He'd suit Koeman's style & wouldn't cost a fortune either.

In more ways than one, this move makes sense & wouldn't be at all surprising - especially as we were interested in him last summer...

Agree with this.

Think he's a more suitable than option than Scott Sinclair who the same journo linked us with a while ago.

We've got a 12 page thread that covers every point of this argument already, we don't need to go over it all again. Funny how this only gets resurrected when Glasgow reappears, huh?

I'm more concerned about getting Cork and Fonte sorted than signing anybody else at the moment!

Sorry if I upset your day but I have no connection or problem with Glasgow Saint. Your comment seems to infer otherwise.

Last season when we were doing well, we looked a bit one dimensional at times... Redmond offers some real pace, as an alternative and a willingness to go past defenders.. at times he looks like he runs too fast to remember to control the ball/deliver at the end... but pretty sure that RK can help with that... hard to coach speed... and if McCormack is worth £11m... he's worth a punt for that kind of money...

I honestly do not understand why people get so excited over Redmond on here.

It was the same with Matt Phillips. Redmond got a lot of media attention in the first few weeks of the season and even pushes for an England call up!! Many people see this and think he must be good, unfortunately it's just a case of most English players being overhyped at one time or another.

He's clearly not a cracking player yet, look at his record from last season.

Playing for ****ing Norwich who.......... er got relegated his manager was Chris Houghton FFS. He is excellent for England under 21s and shone out as one of Birmingham's best players in europe the year they were in the Europa league he is also still pretty young if he had come out of our academy people would be getting all excited about him.

Luc Castaignos looks like more our type of signing, young player who we can develop.

Another possible benefit is what we lose in Lambert and Lallana's understanding of each other's game, we might gain back in Castaignos and Tadic having already played together for two seasons.

Well I was hoping after Guan's 'I think it's going to be a very good week for Southampton fans' that there might have been another one or two in. Don't get me wrong Tadic looks a good buy but considering we've already had three leave, looks like Morgan and Lovren are on the way too and we needed to strengthen anyway, a good week for me would have to mean another couple of exciting signings to counteract this. It's all gone a bit quiet on the ITK front.

Twente will end up hating us as much as we hate Liverpool!

Tbf most teams in Holland are very aware of their place in the football food chain and aren+t deluded about that.

They might be disappointed but look at all reactions given to Tadic now, only good luck wishes and praising...

They will use the money they get to track down new talents to bring through their league and sell later on for high fees...and are very happy with that.

Tbf most teams in Holland are very aware of their place in the football food chain and aren+t deluded about that.

They might be disappointed but look at all reactions given to Tadic now, only good luck wishes and praising...

They will use the money they get to track down new talents to bring through their league and sell later on for high fees...and are very happy with that.

Some might call it 'maturity'...

Why aren't FC Twente not standing for their players being sold and dreaming of winning the champions league? Surely their mongboard is indignant that if Ajax won it in 1995 then why can't they? 6 years ago no one had heard of Athletico Madrid and Dortmund and look at them now! Why should they accept their place and not demand more? Dream. Ambition. Dream. Ambition. That is all it takes.

Just been fishing down Marchwood and bumped into a bloke walking his dog wearing the new training top, said he worked at Staplewood in "player recruitment". He told me that Tadic looks "amazing", and when I quizzed him on the rumour my friend who works as a coach for a Championship club told me today (Saints in for Forster) he gave me what could be described as a knowing look. Also said Lovren is off.

Edited by St Chalet

Just been fishing down Marchwood and bumped into a bloke walking his dog wearing the new training top, with, said he worked at Staplewood in "player recruitment". He told me that Tadic looks "amazing", and when I quizzed him on the rumour my friend who works as a coach for a Championship club told me today (Saints in for Forster) he gave me what could be described as a knowing look. Also said Lovren is off.

If true, how about editing out his initials so as to not drop him in it?

Why aren't FC Twente not standing for their players being sold and dreaming of winning the champions league? Surely their mongboard is indignant that if Ajax won it in 1995 then why can't they? 6 years ago no one had heard of Athletico Madrid and Dortmund and look at them now! Why should they accept their place and not demand more? Dream. Ambition. Dream. Ambition. That is all it takes.

The only reason Tadic has joined us is because of deep disillusionment with the vision and ambition of Twente.

Well I was hoping after Guan's 'I think it's going to be a very good week for Southampton fans' that there might have been another one or two in. Don't get me wrong Tadic looks a good buy but considering we've already had three leave, looks like Morgan and Lovren are on the way too and we needed to strengthen anyway, a good week for me would have to mean another couple of exciting signings to counteract this. It's all gone a bit quiet on the ITK front.

I know we still have 3 days of this week but when the itk's said this would be a very good week for Saints I was hoping for 3 signings this week and maybe confirmation of new contracts for Cork and Fonte

I am delighted with Tadic's signing but the itk's wetted my appetite to Saints having an excellent week which 1 signing isn't. With 6 active bids in are we close to landing a couple more signings

The Itk's have hinted at some good news on Sunday(assume that must be a dutch player at the world cup?)

Not sure how to edit it but mods feel free to delete if inappropriate. As for "if true", I have absolutely no reason to make up a cock and bull story, not my style, just passing on this chance encounter, as my pathetic little ITK debut. Sorry :(

Luc Castaignos looks like more our type of signing, young player who we can develop.

Far rather have this guy than Pelle. (And I know precisely the same amount about both players - eff all).

Same, don't know much about either, but had a read up and prefer Castaignos. Playing devil's advocate though, could it be that due to a fair amount of change and upheaval this summer, their preference in key positions is for a few senior players that they feel they can rely on to come in and perform straight away (Pelle), regardless of future sell on fee, rather than being able to speculate on greater potential that may take a season or two to mature into what we need week in, week out (Castaignos)?