Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Wes

I'm sure the players we are after will improve the team . We still have the nucleus of last years team and with the new recruits and the likes of Dusan and a couple of lads stepping up from the academy . Don't forget JWP and chambers and Gallagher are a year older . They will also add bite to the team .

This is a big season for JWP and I expect him to grab it with both hands

If lovren goes he goes . We wil buy someone who is equally as good or better and does not have the attitude lovren has .

As for Liverpool . The more players they purchase the more disaffected players they will have in their squad with players not getting regular games etc apart from the obscene weekly wage which will keep them sweet

Ps when's the next press release due from monk and guan .

I know we are getting a Sunday supplement from guan

I'm with you on this. Call me a blind optimist, but I actually do believe that our new signings can potentially strengthen us beyond the level we had reached at the end of last season. Personally I think that we have a better manager and a better player to replace Lallana already, with plenty of time to not only find replacements for Ricky, Shaw and Lovren if he goes, but also to do the fine-tuning required, by adding cover for our defence and up front which would have been required anyway. I think that we'll finish 6th next season.

The one player that we might struggle to replace in my opinion, would be Schneiderlin. But then it is not nailed on yet that he will go; he might possibly be persuaded to stay by Koeman.

mmm, MoPo said he wouldn't raid Espanyol for players when with us as he thought it was disrespectful, its a quote in the press somewhere. So why does he think its OK now?

What I don't understand is the article states that Tottenham are in negotiations with Morgan and us? How can they negotiate with him before a bid is accepted?

Agents... or to give them their full title F**king C**t Flap Agents.

The game would be so much better without them.

Talks between #Feyenoord & #Southampton for Graziano Pelle are at a dead end - FEY wants €12m #SaintsFC offers max €8m via @MartijnHilhors

So be it. No need to be seen as bending over backwards and over paying. Why not meet half way at €10m = £8m

Players like Schneiderlin, midfield play-makers who can tackle well and distribute the ball with accuracy, are more difficult to find than players like Lallana.

I don't agree, Morgan Is hardly a rare breed.

Players like Schneiderlin, midfield play-makers who can tackle well and distribute the ball with accuracy, are more difficult to find than players like Lallana.

Like we couldn't replace lallana?

Might be best to wait and see before suggesting he was easy to replace.

Regarding Morgan, he will be very hard to replace. It goes without saying his touch and range of passing is tremendous. I know the word `pace' is a no no on here, but Morgan has unbelievable pace. I doubt their is a quicker CM in the league. Pace isn't perhaps the first facet you'd look for in that position, but a good passer with pace is better than a good passer without it. He covers so much ground quickly and when teams break he can actually have a massive impact in breaking them up. I don't see Prowse or Reed being able to do that. Prowse is the slowest player I have seen for some time in fact.

It's my understanding he will be an Arsenal player early next week. Unsure of the fee yet. My contact at Spurs said we were unwilling to do business with them, which is nice to know

you've contacts at both Spurs and Arsenal or did you Spurs contact tell you that Arsenal had won the day? IMO he is the perfect player for Arsenal. Exactly what they have been missing.

you've contacts at both Spurs and Arsenal or did you Spurs contact tell you that Arsenal had won the day? IMO he is the perfect player for Arsenal. Exactly what they have been missing.

Only at Spurs, but yes they have. As I've mentioned before Morgan is desperate to play under Wenger

It's my understanding he will be an Arsenal player early next week. Unsure of the fee yet. My contact at Spurs said we were unwilling to do business with them, which is nice to know

Arent Arsenal supposed to be trying to get Khaderia?

Telegraph saying Saints in for Nathan Redmond but the 6m fee is a stumbling block. Stoke also keen.

For me, he is a decent player with a lot of potential, and £6m is a steal really when you consider fees this summer. Certainly wouldnt waste much time haggling over that.

Telegraph saying Saints in for Nathan Redmond but the 6m fee is a stumbling block. Stoke also keen.

For me, he is a decent player with a lot of potential, and £6m is a steal really when you consider fees this summer. Certainly wouldnt waste much time haggling over that.

Headless chicken who spends more time cutting inside and hitting pearollers than he does passing it and crossing it. Appreciate he scored a winner against us last season but the amount of times he messes up Norwich attacks is baffling. If he can be coached out of it then he may be worth a punt but if he continues to play like he is thick then lets leave him alone and concentrate on buying proper footballers.

Another Brum player I suggested years ago we steal when they would have taken peanuts for him. That said he seemed to struggle to keep his place in the Norwich starting 11 last season. subbed a fair bit too. Maybe he flatters to deceive?

Edited by Chez

Might be best to wait and see before suggesting he was easy to replace.

Regarding Morgan, he will be very hard to replace. It goes without saying his touch and range of passing is tremendous. I know the word `pace' is a no no on here, but Morgan has unbelievable pace. I doubt their is a quicker CM in the league. Pace isn't perhaps the first facet you'd look for in that position, but a good passer with pace is better than a good passer without it. He covers so much ground quickly and when teams break he can actually have a massive impact in breaking them up. I don't see Prowse or Reed being able to do that. Prowse is the slowest player I have seen for some time in fact.

I never once said it will be easy, I was responding to a poster stating we categoricaly won't be able to replace Morgan

Another Brum player I suggested years ago we steal when they would have taken peanuts for him. That said he seemed to struggle to keep his place in the Norwich starting 11 last season. subbed a fair bit too. Maybe he flatters to deceive?

That's definitely how I've seen Redmond, flattering to deceive most of the time. Very 'English' winger in the sense that he lacks imagination and can be very predictable. Having said that I'd choose him over Tom Ince any day of the week, and he's still young so maybe he can be taught to add variety to his game. Wouldn't be disappointed if we didn't get him and £6mil as mentioned above would be about the limit for me.

Loosing Morgan would be a huge blow but not the end of the world.

Didn't we start with Cork and Wanyama in a game or 2 last season? I seem to remember it working out ok. Plus, as adriansfc said above it would give JWP and Reed more opportunities, both of which have shown promise but could do with more game time (Reed especially).

Really rate Redmond, last season was Norwich's best player, tore a number of full backs apart. Real buzz when he gets the ball.
Was Robert Snodgrass not voted their player of the season? Still a fair bit of room for him to develop and demonstrate consistency. However, I'd be more than happy to see him as an option off the bench.

Only at Spurs, but yes they have. As I've mentioned before Morgan is desperate to play under Wenger

He's also under orders to be playing UCL football ahead of Euro 2016.

Redmond is held in very high regard by the England U21 set up and has been "encouraged" to make a wise choice before moving from Norwich to help his game improve.