Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

He is brilliant. We wouldn't be able to sign an equal player. But I don't think we should try. If he does go, we do have good CMs here. No not as good, slightly different types, but I'd focus more on whether potential signings would be better than Wanyama, Cork, Davis, JWP and Reed. I'd settle for those 5, giving 2 youngsters a chance to develop rather than big money on a Morgan replacement. Cork/Wanyama isn't as good as Morgan/Wanyama, but I think it would still be a good platform for the midfield.

This. Doubt we could replace Morgan but central midfield even without Morgan is still pretty strong there are other areas of the team that are in need of players more than central midfield. Morgan going would be a blow but a survivable one if we can strengthen our defence and attacking options IMO.

If that's the criteria we could ban half the forum:D

Agree with you! I have no idea why this threat of a ban is being thrown about but if a poster is a pain in the arse, just block them. Surely that is the remedy if you don't want to read what someone posts.

Just looks to me that some mod gets a little carried away with the power at times.

Agree with you! I have no idea why this threat of a ban is being thrown about but if a poster is a pain in the arse, just block them. Surely that is the remedy if you don't want to read what someone posts.

Just looks to me that some mod gets a little carried away with the power at times.

The problem is with these WUMs is that by their very nature, they get quoted by other posters. Putting them on ignore doesn't stop you seeing this.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind him for us, as it seems we are bing told by some on here we will never break the glass ceiling we should perhaps look at this type of middle range PL type player ( by that I mean he would fit into a Middle PL team and not be out of place)

Hope the club manage to get another signing across the line today and/or sort out the Lovren, Morgan issues and confirm Cork and Fonte's position. The silence is deafening. Whatever happened to the dominoes - did Lallana pinch them?

I think the fact all these contract extensions are being currently announced indicates the Cork/Fonte situations will soon be sorted. I'm sure their contracts take more negotiation than Isgrove etc.

If we havent heard about Jose and Jack within the next couple of weeks I might wet the bed :)

I think the fact all these contract extensions are being currently announced indicates the Cork/Fonte situations will soon be sorted. I'm sure their contracts take more negotiation than Isgrove etc.

If we havent heard about Jose and Jack within the next couple of weeks I might wet the bed :)

Why do you want Fonte to extend his contract we have I believe until next summer when he will be nearly 32 I would then like us to get in a New Younger and better CB

Possibly Cork will be surplus to requirements too if Harry Reed and JWP develop

But who knows

We've got a 12 page thread that covers every point of this argument already, we don't need to go over it all again. Funny how this only gets resurrected when Glasgow reappears, huh?

I'm more concerned about getting Cork and Fonte sorted than signing anybody else at the moment!

According to the mirror scousehampton are about to sign Antoine Griezmann from real sochiedad for 25 million

And caulker wants to go to Liverpool instead of QPR .

Someone tell Liverpool they can only have 11 on the field and 6 subs per game .

When it is suggested that we might be able to actually improve our team by signing better replacements for Lallana, Shaw and Lambert, possibly Lovren and Schneiderlin, scorn is poured on the idea on the basis that the new players would take some time to gel. However, Liverpool are making wholesale changes to their team and I don't see many comments to the effect that these replacements will not make them a stronger team by the time the new season kicks off.

When it is suggested that we might be able to actually improve our team by signing better replacements for Lallana, Shaw and Lambert, possibly Lovren and Schneiderlin, scorn is poured on the idea on the basis that the new players would take some time to gel. However, Liverpool are making wholesale changes to their team and I don't see many comments to the effect that these replacements will not make them a stronger team by the time the new season kicks off.

Dunno about that, is the first 11 really going to be that revamped? They do need a much bigger squad though and their squad is getting a massive shot in the arm.

There's a difference though. With the exception of Luis Suarez, Liverpool will have retained all of their first team line up so on the first day of the season they can play their team from last season and slowly integrate the new signings.

In our case, we're looking at possibly a 40-50% turnover in our first eleven. Our new players will have to be dropped in on day one.

I can handle the WUMS if not they are on ignore but the biggest problem for me is how threads go off topic (EG I'm not talking re transfers!).

Why dont the mods just delete the off topic posts or move them?

This has happened, then the mods are criticised for abuse of power or summat.

Why do you want Fonte to extend his contract we have I believe until next summer when he will be nearly 32 I would then like us to get in a New Younger and better CB

Possibly Cork will be surplus to requirements too if Harry Reed and JWP develop

But who knows

Well for one I didnt say I wanted Fonte to extend his contract, I just pointed out that it looks like contracts are currently being looked into.

But since you mention it I think he would be fine as cover beyond this coming season.

And if you seriously believe a player of Cork's ability may be surplus to requirements in favour of someone we have seen in the first team for what ? An hour maximum ?

Oh my ! :-( Nothing like crammig all those eggs in one basket eh ?

You thought every single thread being started and every other post being made by Glasgow Saint was good then? Chalet it seems was referencing Heisenberg's previous incarnation.

Not at all, most of them are complete garbage, I have the mental capacity to ignore it.

I can handle the WUMS if not they are on ignore but the biggest problem for me is how threads go off topic (EG I'm not talking re transfers!).

Why dont the mods just delete the off topic posts or move them?

This.

I don't mind who posts what - I just don't get involved in it because I can't be arsed to get drawn in to stupid debates and point scoring. Valid points or fair criticism fair enough but blatant WUMs I just ignore.

What does get on my tits though is whole pages that get swamped by two or three "usual suspects" that takes the thread off topic so when I come along and have a look to see whats happening in a particular thread, all I see is loads if s***.

Like I've said before it's not the actual WUM thats the problem, it's the people who feed it and engage in their drivel - they should know better.

Wes

I'm sure the players we are after will improve the team . We still have the nucleus of last years team and with the new recruits and the likes of Dusan and a couple of lads stepping up from the academy . Don't forget JWP and chambers and Gallagher are a year older . They will also add bite to the team .

This is a big season for JWP and I expect him to grab it with both hands

If lovren goes he goes . We wil buy someone who is equally as good or better and does not have the attitude lovren has .

As for Liverpool . The more players they purchase the more disaffected players they will have in their squad with players not getting regular games etc apart from the obscene weekly wage which will keep them sweet

Ps when's the next press release due from monk and guan .

I know we are getting a Sunday supplement from guan

There's a difference though. With the exception of Luis Suarez, Liverpool will have retained all of their first team line up so on the first day of the season they can play their team from last season and slowly integrate the new signings.

In our case, we're looking at possibly a 40-50% turnover in our first eleven. Our new players will have to be dropped in on day one.

I suspect that losing Suarez will equate to a similar situation to Spurs losing Bale. Almost certainly Sturridge will not not score as many without Suarez feeding him with his scraps, and Lambert isn't his replacement. So they will have to bed in a new striker unless they are somehow happy with not replacing him, which I very much doubt. And last season their problem was their defence, so surely if they did sign the likes of Lovren, then they would also play him to shore up the defence, rather than playing the same one they had last year. So they will have key changes up front and at the back to accommodate.

I accept that the number of new players is to add cover so that they can rotate players for the CL matches, but then it must apply that either new players will have to gel for the PL, or for the CL.

Personally, I don't accept this angle that players necessarily need all that much time to gel. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. It's a bit like "new manager syndrome" where often a team plays better when a new manager comes in, even though initially he doesn't know the players and might prefer a different style of play to what they are used to, but they play hard to impress him. Equally, new players brought into a team have to work hard to impress their manager and team mates and why shouldn't a professional football have some ability to adapt to different circumstances that present themselves to him?