Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Ross McCormack is now the 8th most expensive British Striker.

Moved within the championship for £11m.....ELEVEN MILLION POUNDS!!!!!!

Leeds to Fulham...

no doubt that includes add ons etc..but jesus christ

Think someone who is inclined should start a proper thread and update it on the money in and out based on average fee's being reported so we can keep track of transfer monies raised and maybe stick on another 20mils reserve from club.

My current guess is:

Outs:

4 Mil Lambert

27 mil Shaw

25 mil Lallana

Total: 56 mil

In's:

10 mil Tadic

Total: 10 mil

Transfer Balance: + 46mil

** Guessed Reserve 20 mil

Estimated Funds: + 66 mil

If its roughly right it really does show how much money we really have, remember Guan or someone ITK mentioning we had a 35mil war chest but thought I'd put in 20mil to keep it realistic as I can't see us spending 91 mil this year.

If Morgan wants to go then so be it. I won't be too sad to see Cork/Wanyama/JWP/Reed take those roles. Wouldn't mind Siggurdsson in a swap plus cash deal either. He, Tadic and Ramirez would give us good attacking midfield options and a few goals hopefully.

Just impatient to see big signings now. Tadic is good, Pelle is understandable, but a couple of bigger deals are needed to show people we're serious about reinvesting if anyone leaves.

Don't see why we can't still convince people of our ambition. We're 8th, have top training facilities, a big name manager and lots to spend. Plenty of players who'll be keen to be a part of that.

Why has no prem side ever signed Huntelaar? I'd love Koeman to convince him.

Yeah, I was thinking about Huntelaar earlier. Would be awesome.

I think Morgan opitomises our team last year. Dominated games, had all the possession and looked really really good without being clinical and efficient, wasting chances to score.

I think if schneiderlin does go, which he seems to want to, we could replace him not only with a box to box midfielder that has great co trol and passing ability, but also chips in with 8-12 goals a season. We miss that goal threat from one cm, usually counting on our front 4 for goals.

I think Morgan opitomises our team last year. Dominated games, had all the possession and looked really really good without being clinical and efficient, wasting chances to score.

I think if schneiderlin does go, which he seems to want to, we could replace him not only with a box to box midfielder that has great co trol and passing ability, but also chips in with 8-12 goals a season. We miss that goal threat from one cm, usually counting on our front 4 for goals.

Lost me there, Morgan is a class above any DM we could attract, he is brilliant. 1st season back wasn't he statistically one of the top 5 dm's in Europe? Phenomenal little player.

8-12 goals you say..in the premier league...from midfield?

shouldn't be too hard. I imagine there are loads of midfielders that done that last season.

out of interest, who do you have in mind?

Some of the stuff he is reported as doing is somewhat bizarre to say the least. I think he has had any seat with the number 17 replaced with 16B? Mad as a box of frogs.

Including sacking Kenny, as his birthday is on the 17th. Oddball.

Can't think of someone which makes me think it would maybe come from abroad, but the likes of cabaye were doing it up until January.

I rate MS but from what he has said I think he's off. Someone that provided goals like sidwell and Mutch did for poor teams last year, but of a higher level and more money. If keoman could find someone from abroad, like michu (originally a centre midfielder) we could hopefully fill that void if it comes to that.

Can't think of someone which makes me think it would maybe come from abroad, but the likes of cabaye were doing it up until January.

I rate MS but from what he has said I think he's off. Someone that provided goals like sidwell and Mutch did for poor teams last year, but of a higher level and more money. If keoman could find someone from abroad, like michu (originally a centre midfielder) we could hopefully fill that void if it comes to that.

Please do not compare Sidwell with Morgan.

8-12 goals you say..in the premier league...from midfield?

shouldn't be too hard. I imagine there are loads of midfielders that done that last season.

out of interest, who do you have in mind?

Yaya Toure looking like he will be leaving City - He'll do

Still think 3-5-2 would be an absolute disaster. I don't think it's a great system regardless, I don't think it's suited to this league, and it seems odd to change the system of a successful side so much when there is other change going on.

We've struggled for 2 good centre backs, we're losing 1, and we're going to play 3?

I agree. I favour 4-5-1.

Liked your line up earlier with Tadic - Sigurdsson - Ramirez as the support 3.

Pelle, Ings and a loan to cover JRod.

Pretty sure some itk said earlier that Pelle is now off, and didn't Burnley say today that Ings isn't for sale. Plus we do this do loans.

So Bendtner it is then. And Gallagher.

Pretty sure some itk said earlier that Pelle is now off, and didn't Burnley say today that Ings isn't for sale. Plus we do this do loans.

So Bendtner it is then. And Gallagher.

Didn't say it was off.. just that it has stalled. This could mean we are looking else where or that negotiations have just came to a halt and perhaps waiting for someone to budge on price.

Lost me there, Morgan is a class above any DM we could attract, he is brilliant. 1st season back wasn't he statistically one of the top 5 dm's in Europe? Phenomenal little player.

Exactly, annoys me how clueless people are in regards to not only Morgan but positions and tactics !

He is there to win the ball, to hustle and to begin moves. He is phenominal, a beast, and vastly underated IMO. If he does go to a top club he will very much get the praise he deserves.

He isnt there for goals, thats what the front 3-4 are there for, he is there to enable them to play, to move the ball from a deep position once won into positions that the team can penetrate in. He is there to stop counter attacks, to cover the defenders as our full backs push on.

So know, he isnt there to score 8-12 goals (which is Touresque levels), in fact you would struggle to get a player of that ability and it simply wouldnt fit our system

You moron (not you faraway)

Ross McCormack is now the 8th most expensive British Striker.

Moved within the championship for £11m.....ELEVEN MILLION POUNDS!!!!!!

Leeds to Fulham...

no doubt that includes add ons etc..but jesus christ

TBF there will be some saying the same thing about Lallana. RM was Leeds' best player by a mile and they need cash too, so I dont blame them for getting top dollar. Fulham on the other hand...

He is brilliant. We wouldn't be able to sign an equal player. But I don't think we should try. If he does go, we do have good CMs here. No not as good, slightly different types, but I'd focus more on whether potential signings would be better than Wanyama, Cork, Davis, JWP and Reed. I'd settle for those 5, giving 2 youngsters a chance to develop rather than big money on a Morgan replacement. Cork/Wanyama isn't as good as Morgan/Wanyama, but I think it would still be a good platform for the midfield.

Quite right.

The long- term visison should be for JWP to be the " new Morgan" (I think people forget how young JWP is for a central midfielder; arguably the most demanding position). He has all the tools, potentially he has more to him. Just needs some careful coaching and the right balance around him. If Wanyama continues to develop they could be a potent partnership in a year or two.

In the meantime, Cork and Davis are execellent options and we have Reed pushing at the fringes.

Theres a tweet going around that we are exploring the possibility of signing Benteke. Now that would be a hell of a signing, unfortunately out until Jan with a knee injury but if we could get him cut price ? Wow

I honestly think he is a better player than lukaku who unfortunately has found himself playing in a poor side

Theres a tweet going around that we are exploring the possibility of signing Benteke. Now that would be a hell of a signing, unfortunately out until Jan with a knee injury but if we could get him cut price ? Wow

I honestly think he is a better player than lukaku who unfortunately has found himself playing in a poor side

Would be an odd signing given the fact we've currently got no senior strikers. We'd still need to sign two others and then have too many in Dec /Jan when Benteke and Rodriguez were fit. .

Edited by buctootim

Benteke out until January.

So are we signing him to keep Rodriguez company for three months ?

As stated on the JR to spurs rumours, would we be able to insure Benteke currently ? If not, the suggestion is a non starter.

Not suggesting we'd have a chance, but look at it from Villa's side. Benteke out til January, who knows how long it'll take to get back to form.

They don't have much money it seems. They are a poor, poor side who relied heavily on his goals. Without him, they gone very well go down. So money coming in for him could help them sign a replacement that can play from August.

Erm you may have missed it but they have already signed Senderos and Joe Cole this window. They won't be anywhere near relegation with signings of that calibre.

When is Benteke's contract up? I can't think of any other reason why Villa would sell their prized asset on the cheap.