Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

According to Matt Law, Tottenham fail in bid to land Ben Davies and Michel Vorm by offering Swansea City Gylfi Sigurdsson in return:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10951372/Tottenham-fail-in-bid-to-land-Ben-Davies-and-Michel-Vorm-by-offering-Swansea-City-Gylfi-Sigurdsson-in-return.html

Which means Lloris wants CL Football

How poignant is that ?

If you think the prices we got for our departed players was good apparently Fulham are signing Ross McCormack from Leeds for £11m!! I had to double check there wasn't a point between the two ones.

Now that is crazy money!!

I'm not convinced ince junior would have fitted in with us . I hear he has a bigger attitude problem than his father . Hence the reason he was taken on by a European side or a top Liverpool side . And the reason he has signed for hull

Think Hull look better than last year already. Not saying CL or anything, but certainly a better side.

He may not, the FFF wants him to have it though.

At least the French are being honest. Do you really think that someone in the England setup, player or coach didn't let it be known to our players that to retain their places they'll need champions league football. Just anpther way of keeping the top players at the top clubs and not allowing anyone else join their pary

At least the French are being honest. Do you really think that someone in the England setup, player or coach didn't let it be known to our players that to retain their places they'll need champions league football. Just anpther way of keeping the top players at the top clubs and not allowing anyone else join their pary

Well.... It isnt, its to ensure the top players are being tested on the biggest domestic stage and realistically surrounded by better players and better coaches. Thats just the reality of the situation.

You dont become an international powerhouse fielding players from the bottom half of the prem Im afraid

Well.... It isnt, its to ensure the top players are being tested on the biggest domestic stage and realistically surrounded by better players and better coaches. Thats just the reality of the situation.

You dont become an international powerhouse fielding players from the bottom half of the prem Im afraid

Yep, they need to play the best to be the best, I don't necessarily agree on the coaching front though, I think our setup is pretty damn good.

Yep, they need to play the best to be the best, I don't necessarily agree on the coaching front though, I think our setup is pretty damn good.

I knew someone would say that and realistically yes it is, they'll always be anomalies on that front and perhaps even stature front (i.e utd this year) however generally the bigger teams will have the better set ups.

There's nothing wrong with national managers wanting their players to all play in the champions league. The more experience you get against top sides and different styles and formations the better. Its not a big conspiracy against the Southampton and ever tons of this world.

Isla can play as a DM, WBR, WBL or general MR/ML type.

Probably the highest quality ''jack of all trades'' we can attract. Would be an epic squad addition. (would play most weeks as well, would have him as a wing back myself!)

I would imagine...and Hope! most of that deal is based on him scoring lots of goals and them winning promotion, because if they've splashed anything like £10m outright on him then they are insane.

Isla can play as a DM, WBR, WBL or general MR/ML type.

Probably the highest quality ''jack of all trades'' we can attract. Would be an epic squad addition. (would play most weeks as well, would have him as a wing back myself!)

If we sign him I can only see Clyne leaving.

Well picking our squad almost exclusively from Liverpool and Man United hasn't exactly worked fantastically for us this year, I'm not sure if you'd noticed.

West Ham bidding for Konoplyanka....

But...he´s a football player??

Fair play if West Ham can pull that off...

Elsewhere, I saw this on the SSN news ticker just now

Another Algeria international who caught the eye during the World Cup was Yacine Brahimi, with reports in Portugal claiming that the Granada man could be on his way to Porto. The Portuguese club are reported to be in advanced negotiations over an 8million euros deal for a player who is also said to be attracting interest from Everton, Liverpool and Udinese.

Sounds like a relative bargain.

West Ham bidding for Konoplyanka....

But...he´s a football player??

They seemed to have had a big shift in their targets profile this summer, after the mess they made of last year. They need to go into the Olympic Stadium with a bit of a buzz or they won't sell any tickets.

They seemed to have had a big shift in their targets profile this summer, after the mess they made of last year. They need to go into the Olympic Stadium with a bit of a buzz or they won't sell any tickets.

Isn't it under the terms of Big Sam staying that means that the board have more of a say in transfer targets now?

Thatll be a top signing, especially with Cresswell. Should do ok this year

Was part of Allardyce's agreement with the board for him to stay, sign exciting attacking players.

Here's a perennial link, but saw that Brian Stock has been released from Burnley.

Wonder what Brian Howard's doing these days.

Oh, remember the days when we questioned if we'd be able to attract players of that quality... tell that to the kids now, and they don't believe you (bloody glory seekers).

And no, NOT suggesting either CDAJFU.

Sanchez and debauchy about to sign for arsenal . .

30 million for Sanchez and 10 for debauchy

Will they have anything left for Morgan ?

Their primary DM target is Lars Bender, who by all accounts is also set to join.

Spurs worry me the most now, re: Morgan.

I really do not think that Spurs are up for spending lots of cash this window - They blew the bank last year and it's up to Poch to make it all work with perhaps a few modest additions.

After all, it was only yesterday they were offering the unwanted Sigurdsson as a straight swap for Davies and Vorm! It does'nt seem like a club on the acquisition trail to me.

Spurs worry me the most now, re: Morgan.

Dembele, Lamella, Soldado, Lennon, Vertonghan, Lloris, Walker - not a bad spine. The area's they probably will look to is a new LB and another striker, that's what I'd see as their priority's if I'm honest. I cannot see them spending what would need to be around £20m on a midfielder when they already have Sigurdson, Sandro, Paulinho, Dembele.

Here's hoping, anyway!