Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Pelle, Tadic, Ings, Ramirez, Rodriguez is a pretty formidable front line by anyone's standards!

Except mine I'm afraid!

Sorry, but right now the only one of those I'd feel confident about getting us the amount of goals we'll need would be Rodriguez (as long as he recovers quickly and stays fit).

We need someone of at least Lukaku's quality imo, preferably of Sturridge's to really carry on where we left off at the end of last season. Yes, I know it probably aint gonna happen, but I can dream cant I?

Except mine I'm afraid!

Sorry, but right now the only one of those I'd feel confident about getting us the amount of goals we'll need would be Rodriguez (as long as he recovers quickly and stays fit).

We need someone of at least Lukaku's quality imo, preferably of Sturridge's to really carry on where we left off at the end of last season. Yes, I know it probably aint gonna happen, but I can dream cant I?

You can dream, but surely it's more worthwhile actually looking at and thinking about players we might actually buy? Or why not just dream about Messi?

You can dream, but surely it's more worthwhile actually looking at and thinking about players we might actually buy? Or why not just dream about Messi?

We cant buy Messi.

Because of the Lallana song.

Except mine I'm afraid!

Wow, just wow....

Except mine I'm afraid!

Good thing about saintsweb is when all the crap at the club gets a bit depressing somone will cheer me up with a god LOL post:lol::lol::lol:

You'd like to think Saints and RK's reputation for developing young players would help.

As might Koeman's Barcelona connection. But we haven't loaned a player since our return to the Premier League, why would we start now when we are more than capable of developing our own?

Edited by Matthew Le God

Except mine I'm afraid!

Ok, discount JRod and Gaston then compare the goals scored by Pelle (23), Tadic (16) and Ings (21) compared to Lallana (9) & Lambert (13) and consider that the first 3 would be paid for with the money from the latter 2...

Good point, Bear. Do you think we should be?

Noooo I would sooner play shit players of our own than gd players that we have to send back at end of season! Is there any Saints fan who would genuinely sooner have had Lukaku than Sam Gallagher last season?

Ok, discount JRod and Gaston then compare the goals scored by Pelle (23), Tadic (16) and Ings (21) compared to Lallana (9) & Lambert (13) and consider that the first 3 would be paid for with the money from the latter 2...

I think you should consider that it is harder for Lambert and Lallana to score in the Premier League than it is for Tadic and Pelle in the Dutch top flight or Ings in the Championship. I'm not saying the latter three wouldn't do well in the Premier League, but its not a good idea to do a like-for-like comparison of goals scored.

I think you should consider that it is harder for Lambert and Lallana to score in the Premier League than it is for Tadic and Pelle in the Dutch top flight or Ings in the Championship. I'm not saying the latter three wouldn't do well in the Premier League, but its not a good idea to do a like-for-like comparison of goals scored.

His last season in the Championship RL scored 27 league goals, does Ings' 21 include other comps as well?? Also does Ings take pens, who's going to be our penalty taker now?

Tadic was FC Twente's penalty taker and Pelle was Feyenoord's penalty taker.

Best we get one or both over the line then

So that doesn't really answer his question does it?

Don't be mean

who will be FC Twente's and Feyenoord's penalty taker now?

No-one cares.

So we have reached p47 of this thread without a single player signing on yet despite endless speculation linking us with just about anybody in world football who stands no chance of joining a CL club. An uneasy feeling is spreading through me that we are heading for a nil-transfer summer, that the team that takes to the field in just 40 days time will be made up of the best we have left. What's gone wrong? Is it just that nobody wants to come here because they see us as anonymous nonentities in football terms?

All the fine sounding rally calls from the boardroom about the alleged size of the pool of funds available to buy new players or our determination to buy better quality than those who left amount to diddly-squat until we complete even one signing. As for the 7 or 8 that the most optimistic on here have proclaimed there appears to be about as much chance of a snowball falling on Stockport next week. There just isn't time now to complete all such deals and get the players over here, settled and integrated into our system of play.

When will we have even one shred of good news?

Bruno Ecuele Manga from Lorient CB...have we done him yet? If not apparently we are interested, so are Lazio and Borussia Muchengladbach.

It may be 47 pages but you clearly don't read all of them. Manga was mentioned earlier today.

As might Koeman's Barcelona connection. But we haven't loaned a player since our return to the Premier League, why would we start now when we are more than capable of developing our own?

I think the Rodriguez situation changes that a little. If we can get a classy player, as this lad seems to be, for a season, I'd much prefer that to someone with less ability who we could secure permanently as cover/competition for Rodriguez. I expect the loans would end there, anyway.

That said it looks like McQueen will be playing a bigger role this year, as might Ward-Prowse and Isgrove.

According to Matt Law, Tottenham fail in bid to land Ben Davies and Michel Vorm by offering Swansea City Gylfi Sigurdsson in return:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10951372/Tottenham-fail-in-bid-to-land-Ben-Davies-and-Michel-Vorm-by-offering-Swansea-City-Gylfi-Sigurdsson-in-return.html

Good news - I'd love to have Ben Davies here. Hope a wad of cash is more appealing to Swansea, provided we're willing to spend it! Ashley Williams has come out and said a transfer to Spurs would be a good move for Davies, so I assume the club are willing to sell. But then Swansea will see us as a direct rival for a top half finish...who knows?

I'd also take Gylfi Sigurdsson if the price was right. Maybe a makeweight if we decide to sell Lovren to them.

Edited by DuncanRG

I'd also take Gylfi Sigurdsson if the price was right. Maybe a makeweight if we decide to sell Lovren to them.

Yeah, part of why I posted that link was that it's interesting that Spurs might be more willing to P/X players if they come in for Morgan.

Nope....don't ever remember seeing him play, mind you who'd watch Lorient if there were any paint drying to watch in preference. Gabonese apparently..work permit jobby then.

Has a French passport. Been strongly linked to some decent teams in the last year or so, Marseille, Liverpool, Everton etc.

He replaced Koscielny when he signed for Arsenal.

I think someone mentioned Ashley Cole CDAJFU at some point, he has signed for Roma on a 2 year deal.

Pretty good move for him really. Big club, fantastic atmospheric stadium and an awesome City to live in......nice career wind down!

Yeah, part of why I posted that link was that it's interesting that Spurs might be more willing to P/X players if they come in for Morgan.

Have they been linked? Assumed if we were gonna sell anyone there it would be Lovren or Lallana.

Media reports have him at around £6m.

We should seriously look at him if his wage demands are okay. I loved him at Swansea and if we could offer him something like the role he had there (i.e. free and central, not constrained as he is at Spurs) then he'd be great for us. I suppose Tadic will be our man for that job though.

Sigurdsson would work very well in our team I think, the only thing that put me off before was Lallana had the creative No 10 role nailed down - guess that position is vacant now! Good delivery from set pieces as well, so could add a few more goals purely based on those. Guess it all depends on whether the club feel Prowsey is good enough to take over the mantle and be a regular starter as Gylfi is pretty young still as well.

Sigurdsson would work very well in our team I think, the only thing that put me off before was Lallana had the creative No 10 role nailed down - guess that position is vacant now! Good delivery from set pieces as well, so could add a few more goals purely based on those. Guess it all depends on whether the club feel Prowsey is good enough to take over the mantle and be a regular starter as Gylfi is pretty young still as well.

Isn't this the role earmarled for Tadic ?