Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

He was, but left 3 years before Watson got there.

Ben Foster was the GK he coached whilst at Birmingham. Could be a link there, and maybe the tabloids have got Forster and Foster mixed. ;)

Foster and Watson have been together with England as well.

JWP started following Ings on Instagram,make of that what you will but if we sign him I want recognition of being ITK

No idea what this means!! Age is a wonderful thing sometimes. But I do expect us to sign Ings, The "I don't take any notice of the speculation but just concentrate on my football" means to me at least, that there is a bid in.

Will be good to see a local lad playing for the club he supports.

Does this mean Danny Ings is a done deal then? Would be great to bolster our attacking options - Pelle, Tadic, Ings, Ramirez, Rodriguez is a pretty formidable front line by anyone's standards!

Always thought Manga was decent...?

If Marshall, Manga, Tadic, Pelle sign I'd start to have hope... But losing Lovren and Schneiderlin would be terrible.. and that's what's gonna happen

I don't think Morgan will be going anywhere. Arsenal apparently want him every Summer, and he himself has been making conciliatory noises since his World Cup ended.

Burnley must feel the same about us as we do about Liverpool !!

Hmm, at worst it's comparable with Lambert's transfer which most understand.

P.S Although Burnley fans will be disappointed, naturally/understandably.

Edited by Donatello

I see one of the papers reckon Swansea have bid £6 million for Van Dijk from Celtic. Surely we should be interested at that sort of price particularly as we are going to need 2 cb's after Lovren's antics

Thought he was on RK's wishlist, or at least was reported as such.

There is speculation in France this morning about who Southampton might sign in defence if Dejan Lovren leaves for Liverpool. L’Equipe reports that Lorient centre-back Bruno Ecuele Manga has been identified as a possible target. However, the 25-year-old, who has one year remaining on his contract, has also been linked with Lazio, Roma and Borussia Monchengladbach.

There is speculation in France this morning about who Southampton might sign in defence if Dejan Lovren leaves for Liverpool. L’Equipe reports that Lorient centre-back Bruno Ecuele Manga has been identified as a possible target. However, the 25-year-old, who has one year remaining on his contract, has also been linked with Lazio, Roma and Borussia Monchengladbach.

L’Equipe website...

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Southampton-lorgne-ecuela-manga/480644&prev=/search%3Fq%3DBruno%2BEcuele%2BManga%2Bsouthampton%26client%3Dsafari%26sa%3DX%26rls%3Den%26biw%3D1399%26bih%3D888%26tbs%3Dqdr:d

Alex goring Cook .

You need to up your game re the Matt le tiss ate my floppy eared rabbit story . It's a world exclusive . What's up doc !

Ps is a quiet news day for you . That your trawling the saints forum for an exclusive ?

The Marshall story is not new .

Edited by Viking Warrior

Created an account purely because i noticed that James Ward Prowse had followed Danny Ings on instagram last night, so wanted to be the first to post it! Took so long for my account to be authorised that i was beaten to it. :( Technology, aye!

To be honest I wouldn't necessarily read too much in to JWP following Ings on Instagram. They will know each other from the U21's.

That said, it does seem as though he will be joining us but I believe the Instagram bit is a mere coincidence.

Edited by saint_ed

How did we manage to miss out on Chris Baird . Just signed for WBA .

I remember his brilliant performance for us against arsenal in the cup final . He was destined to be a big star . Did well at fulham

But never became the world class star so meant pundits raved on about take heed Adam who and Luke are you sure