Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

People are just talking about if it happens. I'm still pretty hopeful they will all stay except maybe Shaw, but if lallana leaves then the others will certainly follow and that will be the end for us imo.

No they wont. Players leave clubs, it happens. The entire Spurs squad didn't race for the exit when Bale was sold and it wont happen here either.

What's important is how we reinvest the money if and when players are sold. If we get £50m for Lallana and Shaw and spend it on 4 or 5 decent players, the rest will stay. They are on decent money here and wont be getting big offers from elsewhere. Morgan is the only other player I can see being snapped up by a big club.

Has this ever happened at a club that wasn't relegated?

OK always a first time, but assuming some massive sell off of players seems a bit much. If Lallana did go it'd be a huge blow but they'd have to reinvest accordingly and make sure others stay.

If lallana goes then I expect poch will have left and almost certainly Shaw. I can definitely see Morgan leaving in that circumstance too. That's the spine of the team right there.

No they wont. Players leave clubs, it happens. The entire Spurs squad didn't race for the exit when Bale was sold and it wont happen here either.

What's important is how we reinvest the money if and when players are sold. If we get £50m for Lallana and Shaw and spend it on 4 or 5 decent players, the rest will stay. They are on decent money here and wont be getting big offers from elsewhere. Morgan is the only other player I can see being snapped up by a big club.

Many of our players have already said in not so many words that they will stay if poch stays and if we strengthen what we already have from this year.

Lallana Shaw and Morgan are pretty much our three biggest players now that Jay rod is injured and you could make a case for lovren. Look at spurs this year and how they have fared with their big money replacements (and indeed us with osvaldo and ramirez.) in my opinion, Adam going will see Shaw and Morgan departing too and we can prepare for a much less successful season.

Many of our players have already said in not so many words that they will stay if poch stays and if we strengthen what we already have from this year.

Lallana Shaw and Morgan are pretty much our three biggest players now that Jay rod is injured and you could make a case for lovren. Look at spurs this year and how they have fared with their big money replacements (and indeed us with osvaldo and ramirez.) in my opinion, Adam going will see Shaw and Morgan departing too and we can prepare for a much less successful season.

Players will only leave if we show no ambition, sell our best players and make no attempt to replace them. If Shaw and Lallana move to title contenders for £50m, that wont be seen as a lack of ambition, that's just what happens in football. If we use that £50m to buy another 4 Lovrens, Wanyamas and J Rods, the other players will stay.

More to the point, I can't see anyone meeting the asking price for any of our other players. Someone might take a punt on Morgan but if all our players were better than those at Man City and Chelsea we'd have won the League.

Players will only leave if we show no ambition, sell our best players and make no attempt to replace them. If Shaw and Lallana move to title contenders for £50m, that wont be seen as a lack of ambition, that's just what happens in football. If we use that £50m to buy another 4 Lovrens, Wanyamas and J Rods, the other players will stay.

More to the point, I can't see anyone meeting the asking price for any of our other players. Someone might take a punt on Morgan but if all our players were better than those at Man City and Chelsea we'd have won the League.

Fair enough well we will see won't we. It is my belief that if Adam leaves, Shaw and Morgan will follow and we will have an underwhelming season. I'm hopeful Adam will stay at the moment though.

If Ashton has managed to get a hold of the two big stories doing the rounds tonight (funnily enough, timed perfectly to overshadow Les Reed's statement) I'm fairly confident this is Cortese and Co's masterwork.

Would not surprise me if NC is trying to unsettle players/fans in an attempt to turn them against KL and encourage her to sell up.

Shaw the player is very replaceable, looking at his goals and assists they are practically non existent and his defensive work is a bit patchy. Saying that hes very dependable and for his age has immense potential to improve. Thats why selling shaw is more of a symbolic gesture, can we keep hold of our players or are we just a nursery for the big boys to poach from? Personally I would tell them they have a contract and we expect them to honor it. Don't threaten them with reserve football, include them in everything and be the bigger man. Then its them who will look bad if they make a stink about leaving and no-one can force us to sell if we don't want too.

I still reckon these rumours might be linked to NC's PR team.

Yep, this. Looks more and more likely by the day IMO. All a bit sad really. (Unless Cortese is planning a hostile takeover with a multi billion pound investor to propel us into the champions league of course.... :) )

Yep, this. Looks more and more likely by the day IMO. All a bit sad really. (Unless Cortese is planning a hostile takeover with a multi billion pound investor to propel us into the champions league of course.... :) )

now he has gone, i can see no reason why he would waste time or money on trying to destabalise the club. can so eone give me a proper reason why he would other than because he is bitter? or am i missing something her?

now he has gone, i can see no reason why he would waste time or money on trying to destabalise the club. can so eone give me a proper reason why he would other than because he is bitter? or am i missing something her?

The (conspiracy) theory is that an unstable club is much easier to mount a takeover bid for than a stable club. Probably a total bonkers hypothesis but nothing surprises me in football these days.

We're not in a transfer window.

Papers have lots of pages to fill with little actual news.

Our players are flavour of the month as we've had a decent season. Get used to it, unless we become a constant relegation candidate again then we'll be seen as a club that the big boys can come and pick over.

Reed, Krueger and Ms Liebherr have all come out in recent weeks and made statements about how we intend to move forward - and I'm sure they're doing their best to get MP tied down to a new contract. What more can they do?

These "stories" are probably put out there by the players agents,they are probably angling for a new contract/pay rise

And just because KL may not know that much about football don;t be fooled into thinking someone can come in and insult us with small offers for our star players,£15 mill for AL is laughable in every sense.

Cortese would want £50 mill in cash and the keys to city of Liverpool,I would imagine KL is even more ruthless,MP won't want AL to go and I would be surprised if AL wants to go so as usual this seems a non starter

These "stories" are probably put out there by the players agents,they are probably angling for a new contract/pay rise

And just because KL may not know that much about football don;t be fooled into thinking someone can come in and insult us with small offers for our star players,£15 mill for AL is laughable in every sense.

Cortese would want £50 mill in cash and the keys to city of Liverpool,I would imagine KL is even more ruthless,MP won't want AL to go and I would be surprised if AL wants to go so as usual this seems a non starter

...and how much commission does the agent get if the player doesn't move during the transfer window?

Lallana leaving would be a big blow as skipper, and he didn't appear to be saying anything other than leaving open the possibility on telly the other day, as is the wont of modern footballers. Oh for someone saying 'look, I'm staying, no matter what'. Will never happen again.

So now according to Tribalfootball & The Mail Lovren is also off to Liverpool as well as Lallana. Would Les Reed have been better just saying " Anyone who wants any of our players can just f^&k off"

Nothing new, papers were running Liverpool target Lovren stories at least a month ago. Same old,same old just being rehashed and going round in circles. You can see why, Liverpool won't want to risk Touré ever again at CB, Sakho is handy but has off days and that just leaves Agger and Skrtel who are both being eyed up by Napoli and their ex manager Benitez.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Would be very disappointing and pretty much signal the end of the ride we have been on over the last few years for me.

Rather ironic considering your location.......Thought you were loving the new touchy feely Saints....No more hospitality servers not up to the job getting fired an all that?....Well at least while were still in the prem at any rate.

Why does anyone believe newspapers anymore ? ??

You'd be wise not to ask that question on here. It usually gives rise to a supercilious retort along the lines of: "you lot believe newspapers when the news is good but don't when the news is bad" ;)

Large clubs like Milan, Arsenal, Olympiakos and Southampton are well advanced in its efforts to obtain a free Schmeichel.

By: Michael Qureshi, miq@sporten.dk

Clubs in which Arsenal and Milan have bid on Kasper Schmeichel.

Kasper Schmeichel has changed club many times during his career. But never before has he been with so many great deals on hand. Several of Europe's top clubs sees an opportunity to sign a contract with the national team keeper who has contract expired with Leicester in a month.

According to BT's information, Kasper Schmeichel camp received specific offers and requests from many clubs, including several who will play the Champions League next season.

Milan, Arsenal, Olympiakos and Southampton is at the forefront of the effort to download a free Schmeichel. There are regular bidding war to win Kasper Schmeichel's signature, and it is not anybody in charge of his care. Kasper Schmeichel's agent Kenneth Shepherd, son of former Newcastle owner Freddy Shepherd.

Schmeichel's agent is part of Triple S Sports and Entertainment, which among other Manchester United star Wayne Rooney in the barn.

Kenneth Shepherd would not comment on BT's information on offers from top clubs.

- My principle is that I can not comment on that kind of thing, says Kenneth Shepherd to BT.

Agent Company wide network has also ensured contact with some of the top clubs who are impressed by Kasper Schmeichel's performance in Leicester. He was on Sunday elected the keeper in the second-best English series for the second season in a row, and Leicester were unstoppable Championship, so they are now ready for the Premier League next season.

Leicester manager Nigel Pearson admits that it's an uphill battle to extend Kasper Schmeichel.

- When you prove that you are as capable and stable keeper through two difficult seasons in the Championship, so you will be in demand. But Kasper knows what he gets from us, and the important role he has in the Premier League. We can only hope makes the difference, says Pearson told the BBC.

Arsenal's Arsene Wenger is looking for a solid goalie that can threaten first keeper Wojciech Szczęsny. This summer slips both Łukasz Fabiański and Emiliano Viviano. Milan has long lurked on Kasper Schmeichel and put back in January with a specific proposal on the keeper, but it was flatly rejected by Leicester.

Indeed Leicester, who slowly in the lead, even though it's big clubs that entices Schmeichel. Parties in a positive dialogue and Kasper Schmeichel would like to be. But reports yesterday also that he is tempted by Champions League football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milan, Arsenal, Olympiakos and Southampton is at the forefront of the effort to download a free Schmeichel.

Sounds good to me.

I didn't realise he was at the end of his contract - maybe he will go, then. I think he's a bit of a tit but he's definitely a good keeper. If he fits the mould personally then he'd be a great, if very difficult, signing.

Sounds good to me.

I didn't realise he was at the end of his contract - maybe he will go, then. I think he's a bit of a tit but he's definitely a good keeper. If he fits the mould personally then he'd be a great, if very difficult, signing.

A chip off the old tit.

Le Tissier in the paper today explaining why staying put at Saints would be sensible for Shaw and Lallana.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/southamptons-adam-lallana-luke-shaw-3475635

- but that is in regard to their England careers.

- consideration for them for a transfer would be playing at a higher level, greater chance of winning silverware, potentially more money against new regime/environment, chance of not playing/fitting into the team.

Just been checking out the latest news on newsnow. Its just all a load of ******** isn't it. According to the various news sources and media comment, we'll have no one left come the start of next season and they're still talking about Pochettino going to Spurs!

There doesn't actually appear to be any credible news source that knows anything. It seems to have been the same since we got promoted and I'm not sure any of the rumours I've read over that period have come true. All the signings we have made seem to have come out of the blue. I think I'll just wait until the club announce anything before I believe it, good to bad.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Id love him here, been tipping him for the top since his loan at Bury in 2006.

He proved with his move to Notts County in 2009 that he goes where the green is... So i guess who ever offers the most wages will get him

would rather we get full cash payment than letting them get rid of an unwanted player and still get Adam. why would they need him for anyway? aren't they overly stacked with talent in his position?

No chance imho - Chelsea wouldnt want Adam and Adam would be a fool to go to Chelsea. He would never play