Should MP drop Lambert for the Palace game!

SOTONS EAST SIDE

Ok guys i will put a thought to you, how about we put Lambert back in his previous pitch position as a Midfielder. His lack of pace would not be a big issue in this position.

And with his football brain, he would be an excellent central midfielder.

Thoughts!

A less-annoying Charlie Adam?

Ok guys i will put a thought to you, how about we put Lambert back in his previous pitch position as a Midfielder. His lack of pace would not be a big issue in this position.

Thoughts!

up there with the suggestion someone made of playing Dan Harding in central midfield in our L1 days, it's that good an idea, probably slightly worse but not by much.

Thoughts!

Seriously? You'd take out one of our CMs and put Lambert there? I'm pretty sure his lack of pace would be an issue. Plus the fact that our CMs are more or less both deep lying, defensive players.

So his lack of pace is not an issue up front, but is in midfield.. He was a midfielder before he was striker!

:mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes:

1. His lack of pace is an issue up front.

2. He played as a midfielder in League 1 and League 2. He wasn't that great there, hence why he didn't start getting recognised by bigger clubs until he moved up front.

3. Last time he played in midfield he was in his early-mid twenties. He is now 32.

:mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes:

1. His lack of pace is an issue up front.

2. He played as a midfielder in League 1 and League 2. He wasn't that great there, hence why he didn't start getting recognised by bigger clubs until he moved up front.

3. Last time he played in midfield he was in his early-mid twenties. He is now 32.

I think we just need to accept that Lambert is finished as a PL striker and move on, exactly the same trajectory as Grant Holt

really except that Norwich saw it coming and shipped him out when they had the chance, not that their recruits were any much better though. We don't need Lambert in midfield, we need him to be efficient at the point of the attack where he's supposed to be because if he isn't it just leaves our other front men outnumbered and overstretched all of the time.

I think we just need to accept that Lambert is finished as a PL striker and move on, exactly the same trajectory as Grant Holt

really except that Norwich saw it coming and shipped him out when they had the chance, not that their recruits were any much better though. We don't need Lambert in midfield, we need him to be efficient at the point of the attack where he's supposed to be because if he isn't it just leaves our other front men outnumbered and overstretched all of the time.

Lambert obviously isn't going to go on for ever due to his age, but he's not exactly "been finished" this season - his return for us is respectable if not spectaular so far.

Its not how MP wants to play.. perhaps you should watch the games more closely.

But surely that's the point. He IS our main striker not a provider. He should be the one getting on the end of these crosses etc but his lack of pace is starting to mean he has to change his game from striker to provider. Hope he does score for England as it may give him some confidence as it appears to me that he is lacking in it.

Lambert has moved into the Sherringham role. His link up play is still top class as is his eye for a pass. He will still get goals but not as many as he used to.

Then why did he sign osvaldo

Osvaldo was bought to bring another dimension to the attacking unit... why we concentrate on individual players to lambast is ridiculous... we play a fluid offensive unit where players interchange.. hence why Lambert is so important.

On Saturday Rodriguez played the majority of the game as the spearhead, I think because against the better teams we need Lamberts creativity alongside Lallana, and of course Rodriguez pace is a better weapon to receive the pass.

It didn't work but we are not top four material are we.

]Osvaldo was bought to bring another dimension to the attacking unit[/b]... why we concentrate on individual players to lambast is ridiculous... we play a fluid offensive unit where players interchange.. hence why Lambert is so important.

On Saturday Rodriguez played the majority of the game as the spearhead, I think because against the better teams we need Lamberts creativity alongside Lallana, and of course Rodriguez pace is a better weapon to receive the pass.

It didn't work but we are not top four material are we.

tell me or show me where that was said?

The thing is, when we attack Lambo always drops infield, and looks to play a pass. The only problem with this is that he is the main striker. I'm still confident he has goals in him this season, would love nothing more than him to come on in a world cup game.

Would anyone be happy if we started next season and he was our main striker?

Honestly, I doubt many would. We need someone who presents a goal threat against the better teams and, other than from dead balls, Rickie simply doesn't.

He can still be a valuable squad player though, no doubt.

As for should he start against Palace... Dunno. Jay Rod's touch isn't generally good enough to play as lone striker. Is Gallagher good enough to start PL games regularly yet? I don't know but I would be inclined to try to find out.

Would anyone be happy if we started next season and he was our main striker?

Honestly, I doubt many would. We need someone who presents a goal threat against the better teams and, other than from dead balls, Rickie simply doesn't.

He can still be a valuable squad player though, no doubt.

As for should he start against Palace... Dunno. Jay Rod's touch isn't generally good enough to play as lone striker. Is Gallagher good enough to start PL games regularly yet? I don't know but I would be inclined to try to find out.

We're obviously going to buy another striker this coming summer, as we did last summer.

I completely agree...Borini is exactly the type of player we need up front playing the game we play. Trouble is, I doubt we be able to steal a player like him from a prem rival.

He's a Liverpool player and won't get first team football regularly there. They loaned him to Sunderland, why wouldn't they sell him to us? "lol"

He's a Liverpool player and won't get first team football regularly there. They loaned him to Sunderland, why wouldn't they sell him to us? "lol"

You started so well Turks...lol. I agree that his chances ae limited at Liverpool. But with Sunderland not being one of the three worst teams in the league (and therefore likely to survive) do you really think L'pool will sell to us? Really?

You started so well Turks...lol. I agree that his chances ae limited at Liverpool. But with Sunderland not being one of the three worst teams in the league (and therefore likely to survive) do you really think L'pool will sell to us? Really?

why not. he has no future at liverpool and would cost under £10M I would suggest

Yes, why wouldn't they if we offered them a decent fee. What are we rivals to Liverpool for? "LOL"

Yes, why wouldn't they if we offered them a decent fee. What are we rivals to Liverpool for? "LOL"

Well how about if Sunderland offered them a decent fee - would he want to stay at the club that gave him a chance? Do you think we could match Sunderlands salary offer after their splendid cup runs (LOL)? And last but not least, who said we are rivals for Liverpool? Your turn.

Edited by Saint Fan CaM

why not. he has no future at liverpool and would cost under £10M I would suggest

As I said, I would love it if he came to us...think he's a great match. Just don't think it's likely...he is hoping he can break into the Pool team and we will not be splashing anywhere near £10m this summer in my opinion, let alone that on one player.

As I said, I would love it if he came to us...think he's a great match. Just don't think it's likely...he is hoping he can break into the Pool team and we will not be splashing anywhere near £10m this summer in my opinion.

he is going to be sold in the summer, Tony Evans, the sports editor of the times with serious contacts at the reds said so as much on the radio

liverpool want to bring in a better striker/attacker

As I said, I would love it if he came to us...think he's a great match. Just don't think it's likely...he is hoping he can break into the Pool team and we will not be splashing anywhere near £10m this summer in my opinion, let alone that on one player.
I'm sure we will splash near to £10m this coming summer.

Well how about if Sunderland offered them a decent fee - would he want to stay at the club

that gave him a chance? Do you think we could match Sunderlands salary offer after their splendid cup runs (LOL)? And last but not least, who said we are rivals for Liverpool? Your turn.

Err You did. Post 77 'I doubt we could steal them from a prem rival'

What are we rivals to Liverpool for? "LOL"

Err You did. Post 77 'I doubt we could steal them from a prem rival'

What are we rivals to Liverpool for? "LOL"

Actually, what I said was, I doubt we could steal a player like him from a Prem rival. No mention of Pool, so once again Turkey old chap (lol) you've managed to end up with your foot in your mouth. Now then, what was your point?

If KL is in for the long term I think we'll splash a fair bit more than £10m.

Possibly, although not necessarily. The long term view might be to use the talent coming off the academy production line rather than buying players in. KL has invested heavily in the Academy aand Staplewood. Perhaps there's a wish to recoup some of that money before throwing any more at the club? Just got a feeling that we probably need to lower our expectations now.

Possibly, although not necessarily. The long term view might be to use the talent coming off the academy production line rather than buying players in. KL has invested heavily in the Academy aand Staplewood. Perhaps there's a wish to recoup some of that money before throwing any more at the club? Just got a feeling that we probably need to lower our expectations now.

then, we will go back down

Actually, what I said was, I doubt we could steal a player like him from a Prem rival. No mention of Pool, so once again Turkey old chap (lol) you've managed to end up with your foot in your mouth. Now then, what was your point?

Ahh thanks for clarifying. When everyone else was talking about Borini you weren't or talking about Liverpool, just someone like him. So it seems you're right. The idea that a champion league club challenging for the title sell a squad player who's been out on loan to a 'rival' midtable club is one of the most ridiculous suggestions in mongboard history isn't it. You're right if NEVER happens. "LOL"

Edited by Turkish

Ahh thanks for clarifying. When everyone else was talking about Borini you weren't or talking about Liverpool, just someone like him. So it seems you're right. The idea that a champion league club challenging for the title sell a squad player who's been out on loan to a 'rival' midtable club is one of the most ridiculous suggestions in mongboard history isn't it. You're right if NEVER happens. "LOL"

Examples of when Liverpool last sold a very good striker to a top ten Prem team please? Top four clubs don't generally tend to do this, although I accept it may have happened somewhen in the past...more of an exception. Once again Turks you've managed to fall into the trap of being a mongboard troll with nothing of importance to say for yourself other than sarcastic swipes at others. I reckon somewhere deep inside you there is an intelligent person trying to break out. (LOL to satisfy your craving).

Pretty much every club in the Premier League will splash near to £10m this coming summer, it's not exactly big spending.

Completely agree...chicken feed for a top ten Prem club. How much has been spent on the Academy over the last 4 years (including all the wrangles with various sacked sub-contractors)? Perhaps the money has been spent already?

Examples of when Liverpool last sold a very good striker to a top ten Prem team please? Top four clubs don't generally tend to do this, although I accept it may have happened somewhen in the past...more of an exception. Once again Turks you've managed to fall into the trap of being a mongboard troll with nothing of importance to say for yourself other than sarcastic swipes at others. I reckon somewhere deep inside you there is an intelligent person trying to break out. (LOL to satisfy your craving).

Torres to Chelsea. "LOL"

Next please