Southampton Vs Denmark

Saint Garrett

Bit of annoying that none of our lads start the match. You can sense that there will be a million changes at half time, which will disrupt the game and make it much harder for the likes of Jay and Luke to impress.

Let's see what happens I guess.

Heavy Liverpool bias in the first half, probably swap around for the Saints attacking trio in the second.

It'd be a bit unfair to give the Liverpool lads a go with players they all know and then shove Saints in mix matched, as he did last time round.

Heavy Liverpool bias in the first half, probably swap around for the Saints attacking trio in the second.

It'd be a bit unfair to give the Liverpool lads a go with players they all know and then shove Saints in mix matched, as he did last time round.

They are very much the form team not us right now and TBH Lallana and Shaw are probably the only ones from our group that will genuinely challenge.

Lallana being the only one thst personally Id actually name in the England team right now

Bit of annoying that none of our lads start the match. You can sense that there will be a million changes at half time, which will disrupt the game and make it much harder for the likes of Jay and Luke to impress.

Let's see what happens I guess.

I'm pretty sure Roy said he could only use 17 players today so there's the real chance none of our boys may come on...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/18804/9196780/world-cup-hopefuls-stake-claims-for-places-on-plane

Why? The "Liverpool lads" are second in the league and absolutely flying. Wouldn't beat against them pulling a sly one off and winning their first league since before Souness dismantled a very very good team. Our lads are great, but to compare the two sets is a little weird.

I would have liked to have seen Shaw start though. I think we'll see Lallana for the second 45 and perhaps Jay for 10 mins.

Gerrard has run the show so far, but it's a bit of an unimaginative performance so far. Very sideways, safe, back etc.

Theres no real movement in the forwards as such, Sterlings giving plenty of running but Sturridge is wasted out wide IMO, good on the ball but gets isolated I think.

Theres no real movement in the forwards as such, Sterlings giving plenty of running but Sturridge is wasted out wide IMO, good on the ball but gets isolated I think.

He does play wide for Liverpool from time to time, but then he has the movement up top from Suarez to open it up a bit. Rooney just doesn't do anything.

He does play wide for Liverpool from time to time, but then he has the movement up top from Suarez to open it up a bit. Rooney just doesn't do anything.

I wish rooney would just stay up top. yeah offer movement but when you see him chasing the ball down by his own left back......such a waste

Maybe biased, but I'd take off Wiltshire and bring on Lallana. Play him just in behind and get a bit more rotation going on. The 3 of Gerrard, Henderson and Wiltshire are all too close to each other for me, and the deepest midfielder (gerrard) is the only one seemingly able to open up attacks.

Shaw will get 45 mins though, although Cole hasn't done bad.

But generally it has been a turd-fest.

I wish rooney would just stay up top. yeah offer movement but when you see him chasing the ball down by his own left back......such a waste

Id rather see England play 4231 and play Rooney in the hole, he is better as a CF then an out and out striker as your right he likes to involve himself everywhere

Rooney has been very average for 18 months now. Picked purely on past glories...oh and he plays for you know who !!!!

Not having Suarez alongside them gives a more realistic impression of The Liverpool contingent

Tom Cleverley's position in the England squad has been furiously debated by fans in recent days after a disappointing campaign with Manchester United.

And the anger at his inclusion was clear to hear this evening, as his name was booed after being read out by the stadium announcer at Wembley.

from the paper

If Lambert had played as bad as Rooney did that half they would have been banging on about it for the last 10 mins.

If Rickie had been in on that chance that the defender put onto the post, both ball and defender would've been in the back of the net.