Saints 0 Liverpool 3 match reaction

Glasgow_Saint

You come out with more shit than Barney, the incontinent hound. We're at the very least doing ok, you stupid boner!

Pearsy how many top teams have we beaten, how many goals have we scored? How many back passes do we do in a game? Season will fritter out when we should have shown ambition.

Pearsy how many top teams have we beaten

I don't care which teams we beat as long as we beat enough of them!

how many goals have we scored?

More than we'd scored at this point last season!

How many back passes do we do in a game?

I don't much like teams passing it about needlessly in their own half, it's a defensive tactic and kind of boring, but if that's the way ponch wants us to play I ain't got a problem with it!

Season will fritter out when we should have shown ambition.

That's why they invented next season!

There really is nothing to see for the rest of the season in all honesty. We were OK/decent this week, but I had hoped to see something to inspire me. It's clear that this is not going to happen while the players are in the position of having nothing left to fire them up, and that is understandable.

I will now be waiting for the summer developments, and I honestly don't know where I stand about whether MP goes or stays.....Whatever people think about Gaston, I see a spark in his eye for the team and the possibilities. I don't really see anything properly readable in MP. That's really not a good sign I suppose.

10 games left, the season is a wash-out. Rickie, J-Rod, Shaw and Adam aand the foreigners also going to the WC are simply going to go through the motions, aiming to avoid injury.

That too. Probably to a bigger extent that the footy organisations would want to admit to.

10 games left, the season is a wash-out. Rickie, J-Rod, Shaw and Adam aand the foreigners also going to the WC are simply going to go through the motions, aiming to avoid injury.

shaw, j rod and lambert going through the motions ? Their that sure their going ?

There really is nothing to see for the rest of the season in all honesty. We were OK/decent this week, but I had hoped to see something to inspire me. It's clear that this is not going to happen while the players are in the position of having nothing left to fire them up, and that is understandable.

I will now be waiting for the summer developments, and I honestly don't know where I stand about whether MP goes or stays.....Whatever people think about Gaston, I see a spark in his eye for the team and the possibilities. I don't really see anything properly readable in MP. That's really not a good sign I suppose.

Glad to see you are seeing the signs that have always been there.

Glad to see you are seeing the signs that have always been there.

I try to see all the signs all the time and alter my opinions as new evidence presents itself. Unless you have missed it, a LOT of situations have changed in the last few months while your relatives in your family avatar have just been throwing poo at all the bystanders non-stop and hoping some of it sticks.

the season a washout! you should get your head out of the sand. Not many managers would have turned a club that thinks safety was the watchword into something that fans are whining because we may only finish 10th. If you really think that Adkins would have blended our squad added all the youngsters and made us a mid table team then I think you know less about football than I thought you did.

The improvement in our football and status has been amazing. We missed a load of decent chances, if any had gone in then the game would have been quite different. They got the luck of a deflection and AL shot coming off the post instead of creeping in.

We obviously need somebody more clinical, but also recognise that RL is sacrificing his position upfront to allow JRod to play further forward.

the season a washout! you should get your head out of the sand. Not many managers would have turned a club that thinks safety was the watchword into something that fans are whining because we may only finish 10th. If you really think that Adkins would have blended our squad added all the youngsters and made us a mid table team then I think you know less about football than I thought you did.

The improvement in our football and status has been amazing. We missed a load of decent chances, if any had gone in then the game would have been quite different. They got the luck of a deflection and AL shot coming off the post instead of creeping in.

We obviously need somebody more clinical, but also recognise that RL is sacrificing his position upfront to allow JRod to play further forward.

If you really think Adkins wouldn't have stayed up last season, and then added Lovren, VW, Osvaldo, and then maybe got a bit more out of RL and MS to name but two, maybe more out of GR (?), and then brought in academy players where appropriate, and then got us comfortably to mid-table this season, then maybe you need to have a closer look at what's been going down for the last two thirds of the season?

We are 4 from 18 and have wimped out of both cups, lots of money spent, Poch has a par score at the moment but certainly no better.

I would assume that he meant the season is now over, which it pretty much is. It was a great first half to the season, but now we are left with a comparatively dull time. That is all, really.

If you really think Adkins wouldn't have stayed up last season, and then added Lovren, VW, Osvaldo, and then maybe got a bit more out of RL and MS to name but two, maybe more out of GR (?), and then brought in academy players where appropriate, and then got us comfortably to mid-table this season, then maybe you need to have a closer look at what's been going down for the last two thirds of the season?

We are 4 from 18 and have wimped out of both cups, lots of money spent, Poch has a par score at the moment but certainly no better.

Yep Adkins would have been able to get us wins at home to Man c , Liverppol and Chelsea lol Ultimately those points saved us. Adkins did well but was out of his depth.As for getting RL to play better he subbed him week in week out costing us dearly in games like Man U and Fulham

Many of you are saying we need to be 'more clinical'. I beg to differ, we need to be more 'cynical', like Liverpool,Manure, Everton et al. Yesterday was a prime example of a 'Cynical' challenge (between the shoulder blades) which in the past have been given as penalties and the 'Offender' sent off. Cynical 'Tackles' on Adam by that doyen of innocence Gerrard. A 'Trip' that wasn't from the biter and he gets away with it.Come on saints, lets be a bit more cynical You know it makes sense!!!!

We play pretty but ineffective football, the press love it as they can sell it as aunderdog stroy but what does it achieve, it makes the more gullible fan think we are doing ok but again what will it achieve,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2444164/Mauricio-Pochettino-Forget-Europa-League-Southampton-want-Champions-League.html

That was sold and many silly people bought it, I didn't and neither did the club as they didn't buy enough quality and they never were, we are a medium sized club that will NEVER break into the higher echelons of the Premiership simply because of our size, fans need to accept this and move on.

You should ask Bruce or Pellegrini whether they think we play pretty but ineffective football.. you really should accept what you write and move on and support another team

Anyone know why the attendance for yesterday's game was so low for a 'sold out' match?

There was a strip of seats in the Northam, about 5 seats wide from the top of the stand to the bottom, on our side of the segregation that was empty. That may account for some of them because otherwise it seemed full, even most of the corporate was sold out.

My only regret about the game was that Wanyama didn't snap Suarez's leg. It's nothing more than the racist, cheating, odious **** deserves.

I absolutely have to object to this statement. It is words like this, that condone physical violence against another person, make me feel totally ashamed in the human race. It is comments like these that make me sad when I realise just how hypocritical I am when I feel exactly the same way. Sometimes, there are people that walk this earth (Suarez) who simply don't possess enough legs to break in order to satisfy my hypocritical blood lust.

My only regret about the game was that Wanyama didn't snap Suarez's leg. It's nothing more than the racist, cheating, odious **** deserves.

I'd have Suarez in my team any day. If he signed for Saints (obviously talking hypothetically) I would be absolutely delighted. Clearly you wouldn't!

Checks hysteria levels before posting. At least fifteen posts since the last Duney Banchez effort; we should be good.

For everyone moaning about yesterday's result, I have one question to ask.

If we'd have had Liverpool's front-line yesterday, with the rest of the team the same, who'd have won?

To me, that's the difference.

I absolutely have to object to this statement. It is words like this, that condone physical violence against another person, make me feel totally ashamed in the human race. It is comments like these that make me sad when I realise just how hypocritical I am when I feel exactly the same way. Sometimes, there are people that walk this earth (Suarez) who simply don't possess enough legs to break in order to satisfy my hypocritical blood lust.

:lol:

I'd have Suarez in my team any day. If he signed for Saints (obviously talking hypothetically) I would be absolutely delighted. Clearly you wouldn't!

I wouldn't sing his name, but I'm sure I could somehow cope with the goals he'd score.

Brilliant.

:lol:

Brilliant.

Well, thats 3 bites and counting. :)

From where i was stood in the Northam i thought the better side won, but 3-0 was overly flattering (also didn't look like a pen in the ground, looked like Suarez swan dived but i've not seen the tv so could probably be wrong).

Thought we should've made more of our strong end to the first half, but same as the last few games we look toothless up front. Personally i think the end of season mentality is showing and if i had my way i'd drop Lambert and bring Gallagher in from the start, may as well take a look at him seriously when we don't really have anything to lose.

Lallana's pen shout was never a pen in a million years either, yes there was contact with the shoulder but it wasn't intended with malice and Lallana went down like he'd been taken out by a sniper which is never good to see.

Reminded me a lot of the West Ham game to be honest, lots of bluster but we didn't really want it as much as the other side (and both of those got their tactics spot on against us).

Big disappointment for me was the liverpool fans, mouthy little sh.its outside the ground (and a lot with southern accents too) and a sponsored silence inside the ground till they went two up. I've always held scousers in higher regard than Chelsea or Arsenal when it comes to their fan base but yesterday they seemed to have picked up Arsenal's football tourists and Chelsea's mouthy out of town *****s. Sad that really.

Anyway season goes on but really can't see us winning many more now, and feel it'll peter out from here on in. God knows why i bought tickets to Palace this week, but at least London away days are a good day on the ****.

Was osvaldo? 1 million for lambert 15 million for osvaldo I know whose done more for the club than anyone?

Scored the other day for Juve against Trabzonspor, looked pretty useful up front though his goal was an easy one.

Let's hope he keeps on scoring and Juve are persuaded to buy him.

1 place behind our best ever finish in the Premier League and the seasons a wash out?

Lose 3-0 at home to a title challenger and the result is embarrassing?

The reaction on this thread is the only embarrassing thing about our result on Saturday.

I thought up until we conceded the second it was an extremely entertaining game of football. After the 2nd goal we lacked ideas but that’s understandable as the effort we put in up to that point can’t be criticized, the difference between Southampton & Liverpool was a striker worth in the region of £80 million pounds!!

The individual criticism of some of our players is shocking, Lambert seems to be getting the brunt of it. Yet anyone who paid any attention to the game would know he was as the center of some of our best link up play.

Yes, he’s playing too deep and he isn’t mobile or quick enough to fit into the system but he was not as bad as some make out!

We are exactly where most of us wanted to be last season yet it seems everyone is moaning! They’re the first team in the top 4 this season to come away with more than a point… lets stop ****ting the bed & look forward to a winnable game at Palace at the weekend!

1 place behind our best ever finish in the Premier League and the seasons a wash out?

Lose 3-0 at home to a title challenger and the result is embarrassing?

The reaction on this thread is the only embarrassing thing about our result on Saturday.

I thought up until we conceded the second it was an extremely entertaining game of football. After the 2nd goal we lacked ideas but that’s understandable as the effort we put in up to that point can’t be criticized, the difference between Southampton & Liverpool was a striker worth in the region of £80 million pounds!!

The individual criticism of some of our players is shocking, Lambert seems to be getting the brunt of it. Yet anyone who paid any attention to the game would know he was as the center of some of our best link up play.

Yes, he’s playing too deep and he isn’t mobile or quick enough to fit into the system but he was not as bad as some make out!

We are exactly where most of us wanted to be last season yet it seems everyone is moaning! They’re the first team in the top 4 this season to come away with more than a point… lets stop ****ting the bed & look forward to a winnable game at Palace at the weekend!

As you say the difference was Suarez. I though he was outstanding both in the play maker and striker role.

Where were Chelsea in the table when they beat us at home then ? Think they took 3 points for that. In fact against the teams currently above us that we've actually played at home this season we've taken 2 points from 5 games so far, lost to Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool, draws with Arsenal and City. Perhaps we'll fare better against the 3 sides above us that we haven't played at home yet.

Apart from our finishing we were more than equal to Liverpool first half.

Suarez and Sturridge always worried me when they came forwards.....

Even more so when Sterling came on.

I thought we ran out of steam about 65th minute.

I am another who believes the ref Probert.. did us no favours whatsoever.

Skrtl kicked the achilles of several of our players 4/5 times in first 15 minutes..NOT A WORD.

Gerrard should have received two yellow cards by half time.

From my position thought Lallana taken out for a penalty..by Flanagan early on.

But at the end I agree that the team with the most goals wins...

Not necessarily the best team......although repeating Suarez , Sturridge and Sterling in my team anytime..

Onwards and upwards..

Beat the Palace and Norwich and I will be more than happy again..

Then again I am a Saints supporter and a proud HAPPY CLAPPER:D

Game of 2 halves again, but this time the first half was by far the better one. We have a decent defence, a great mid-filed, and an attacking line in need of enforcement. If we can get some strengthening in the defence and 1 or 2 attackers who can be as clinical in their finishing as Sturridge and Suarez are we should be good.

Liverpool were fantastic. Saurez movement is excellent and Gerrard is back to his best.

We were OK, but our finishing is woeful at the moment. Chambers and Shaw were excellent. Cork, Morgan and Davis were competent. Lallana was excellent.

Lambert and JRod were awful. I don't know what has happened to Lambert (I've been told he has some kind of archilles issue), but he is almost completely ineffective now.JRod is proving he is no more than an ok Championship player...so wasteful in front of goal and can't seem to get his head up to deliver a telling pass.

And so to the bench. Wanyama is a shadow of when he started for us, but to bring on a defensive midfielder who loses the ball easily when we need to create chances was asking for trouble. Expecting a young striker to come on and affect the game is extremely hopeful, but Gallagher is not showing the same level of class that Shaw, Chambers and Ward-Prowse do...he needs to go on loan to a L1 or Championship side to learn his trade.

I keep saying it...the summer is going to be very interesting indeed in terms of us moving on or falling backwards.

My friend, Lambert set up TWO un-missable opportunities and we missed both. In what world is that 'ineffective'?

What is the man supposed to do, take training to make sure other players hit the fecking target??

Checks hysteria levels before posting. At least fifteen posts since the last Duney Banchez effort; we should be good.

For everyone moaning about yesterday's result, I have one question to ask.

If we'd have had Liverpool's front-line yesterday, with the rest of the team the same, who'd have won?

To me, that's the difference.

Hallefeckinglujah. Thank you, sir. Sense on a forum, Who'd a thunk it?