2014/15 Kit Revealed - #TheStripesAreBack

The9

I'm getting confused now. There was outrage when we departed from stripes' date=' are we now saying that we don't want to return to stripes either and instead want to return to our unique designs from specific past seasons?[/quote']

See those big fat red vertical things, they are stripes.

Personally I would prefer to return to stripes. However, the 'Turkish' shirt choice would be a good alternative. ( I like others am in some sort of agreement with Turkish, weird or what).

If i had a pound for everytime someone on here said "it's not often i agree with Turkish, but.........."

I like it being dubbed the Turkish shirt. It the 82 version was the Keegan kit, the 2014 can be the Turkish shirt, in honour of our most famous internet poster.

I'm getting confused now. There was outrage when we departed from stripes' date=' are we now saying that we don't want to return to stripes either and instead want to return to our unique designs from specific past seasons?[/quote']

You have made the classic forum mistake of amalgamating different opinions into a 'forum opinion'. How do you know that the people on here are the same people who expressed outrage. I suggest you get a piece of paper and do a venn diagram and plot peoples views on the two subjects before commenting in future.

Any way the RX kit is stripes; small white, large red, large white, large red, small white, large red, large white, large red. Its a progression from the Candy Stripes.

I would spunk my wad on this top, that or a reprise of the Candy Stripes.

Personally I'm not all that fussed by the 82 shirt, but I don't buy shirts so my vote counts for little, but I do like the Hummel style. I'm not sure we ever saw the best of them. Again they are still going and are a little better than Patrick IMO.

1389422018___42876.jpg

If i had a pound for everytime someone on here said "it's not often i agree with Turkish, but.........."

I like it being dubbed the Turkish shirt. It the 82 version was the Keegan kit, the 2014 can be the Turkish shirt, in honour of our most famous internet poster.

I hate to point this out but the away shirt in this design was blue.

Look fellas, we are a Swiss team, right? Switzerland play in all red, right? Next year's shirt will look exactly like this year's shirt. A return to stripes will never happen under this regime and things might get distinctly worse if we sell to a company with Blue as a corporate colour! Poor old Cardiff could become poor old Southampton

Look fellas, we are a Swiss team, right? Switzerland play in all red, right? Next year's shirt will look exactly like this year's shirt. A return to stripes will never happen under this regime and things might get distinctly worse if we sell to a company with Blue as a corporate colour! Poor old Cardiff could become poor old Southampton

Wha'cho talkin' 'bout Willis..?

not that i care about it particularly but The9 seems to be in self imposed excile so needs someone to start it of. There is one kit and one kit only that will be popular with 99.9% of the fans and may even persuade me to part with my cash on a saints shirt for the first time in about 25 years. A 2014 version of this please Kat.

70.jpg

375885d1376076568-request-southampton-1980-84-keegan-channon-et-al-keegan_channon.jpg

78981285-sport-football-pic-circa-1980-steve-williams-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=fOqRSGnZREbdOD5U9z9TH7KFfiXpVzjATTrOoKy%2BAZyiKRO9UOkJWosGU2qgXX4vVsQW2bm1CmwraP60g7sssw%3D%3D

+10001

+10002

not that i care about it particularly but The9 seems to be in self imposed excile so needs someone to start it of. There is one kit and one kit only that will be popular with 99.9% of the fans and may even persuade me to part with my cash on a saints shirt for the first time in about 25 years. A 2014 version of this please Kat.

As much as I agree with you 100% and would love a return of this kit, I think next season will be too early for our (or Katrina's) thoughts to be heard.

Through my job I work closely with the commercial departments of several clubs (not Saints admittedly) and the 3 clubs I work with all have their kits sorted for next season already!

Deffo Keegan kit for me, a classic that set us apart from the rest and probably should have been continued as our identity. However, surely the next kit is already done and dusted and contracts signed, even with Cortese leaving. Seems unlikely Kat is still poring over colour charts and designs at this juncture. The looms are probably already being fired up in some Asian sweatshop...

We've all been saying it for years...

...so it wont happen.

Heaven forbid the club give us something we want.

It will be moronic populist sop to stripes, meaning we look like (Stoke / Sunderland / Exeter / Brentford)*

*delete as applicable.

The way I've just read that, you have completely contradicted yourself !

Personally I'm not all that fussed by the 82 shirt, but I don't buy shirts so my vote counts for little, but I do like the Hummel style. I'm not sure we ever saw the best of them. Again they are still going and are a little better than Patrick IMO.

1389422018___42876.jpg

That is very tasty Chez

And with no sponsor in the middle. I still dont get why they dont just wear the sponsor for the matches on tv and the games, but sell the shirts with out the sponsor. Sure the club would take a little hit but would def sell more shirts and they look better. After all advertisers are just interested in press and tv coverage, not a spotty man in his mid thirties buying a greggs wearing their logo.

And with no sponsor in the middle. I still dont get why they dont just wear the sponsor for the matches on tv and the games, but sell the shirts with out the sponsor. Sure the club would take a little hit but would def sell more shirts and they look better. After all advertisers are just interested in press and tv coverage, not a spotty man in his mid thirties buying a greggs wearing their logo.

To a decent sponsor having their name splashed across the man boobs and gut of a bloke like that would surely do more harm than good.

Companies don't care if their logo is broadcast in glorious HD all around the world or seen riding up some fatties stomach in littlewoods. They love all the exposure.

It's not stripes and a disgrace to our history

What a load of guff; we played in a sash, halves and quarters before the stripes.

Stripes are boring, unoriginal, and we dont stand out from the crowd. Loads of European teams play in red and white stripes.

I prefer this seasons kit to a return to stripes now.

What a load of guff; we played in a sash, halves and quarters before the stripes.

Stripes are boring, unoriginal, and we dont stand out from the crowd. Loads of European teams play in red and white stripes.

I prefer this seasons kit to a return to stripes now.

How the holy mother of f uck do we stand out in a plain red kit?

Yes I can.

No I havent.

Think about it, instead of diving in for the dig.

You think about it. You're just using your own interpretations of the words.

You've decided "popular" is something fans would like that you like, while you've wheeled out "populist" as a perjoritive term to mean something fans would like that you don't like.

The actual semantic difference between the two words in this scenario is totally negligible. Happy to help.

You think about it. You're just using your own interpretations of the words.

You've decided "popular" is something fans would like that you like, while you've wheeled out "populist" as a perjoritive term to mean something fans would like that you don't like.

The actual semantic difference between the two words in this scenario is totally negligible. Happy to help.

Nope, keep trying....

Exactly where the holy mother of f uck did I say that ? I just said I prefer it.

Missing your targets, dude, are you still half-asleep? This isnt the CB we all know and love.

Okay, so you're fine that red kits are also boring and unoriginal. Great.

Mines got 'Air Florida' on it!!!

Personally prefer the 78 kit as worn by Phil Boyer.

Hate the current one & last years.

My favourite too.

If we are going with the whole traditional Saints kit, I wonder if we will look at going back to the Navy blue "knickers" (as the programme referred to shorts years ago) which were dropped for Black as the Blue would go a lighter shade as the season progressed due to washing. Then there's the Old Gold away shirt too to throw into the mix.

Still as has been said very nice to see Turkish punting up a thread without being contentious. I hope they do have a dabble with his choice, if only to see him in his replica shirt which he will tastefully compliment with a pair of Reebok Classics. ;)

Is there an existing Adidas template like the OP? I know Ajax's is similar but is that a custom made one? Not sure we will get our own custom made one like Chelsea etc.. Unless of course we ditch Adidas altogether which I know there was talk about

We discussed last year; how difficult is it to reverse the colours on Ajax's shirt and provide generic black shorts and white socks ?

Is there an existing Adidas template like the OP? I know Ajax's is similar but is that a custom made one? Not sure we will get our own custom made one like Chelsea etc.. Unless of course we ditch Adidas altogether which I know there was talk about

Philadelphia union in the MLS.

I think all MLS shirts are Adidas . big unveil next week for the 2014 shirts http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/02/21/jersey-week-back-17-mls-teams-unveil-new-2014-kits-beginning-march-3

Thats probablly where The9 is, gone out for the big launch.

28936.RE10.jpg

Edited by Hatch