Would You Care If Pochettino Left Tommorow?

Pastor Patrón

If is is a banning for holding opposing views then I would agree with you but I don't think it is.

I like to think it's a realisation that we were getting too close to the point when a few individuals could wreck this forum through aggressive and abusive comments to posters trying to have a rational debate, derailing of almost every thread to a negative agenda and monopolising the forum with repetitive threads started not to express a real view but in the full knowledge of the response they will provoke - classic WUM actions.

I'm normally a calm and rational person but admit last night to an angry rant. If it has helped to start cleaning up this forum and reclaiming it for the majority I am pleased.

I'm not at all sure the (now banned) member in question is a 'WUM' as you put it, and in any case the proper response to those who annoy you is surely to ignore their contributions rather than seeking to ban them. As I know from (much) personal experience this is easier said than done sometimes.

As for 'cleaning up' and 'reclaiming' the forum in the name of a supposed majority ... well that kind of language raises all kinds of associations in the back of this amateur historians mind that I don't much like frankly.

How about Javier Aguirre? He took over from the great mopo when Espanyol were rock bottom of la liga. He turned them around, kept them up and now has them sitting nicely in mid table.

Espanyol are playing some great football with a very very average squad

Decent post. I like it when people offer an alternative when he called out. I have no idea if he would be good for us, but always nice to broaden to mind.

As we saw when the great Adkins was sacked, the grass can be greener (possibly). MP may well be a very good manager, but more often than not it is the situation the manager lands in that defines them. When he joined we were a mid table side, much improved on early season issues. We had money to spend and a glut of great young players coming through - none of which were down to him. Pretty much the perfect storm for a manager if you ask me.

Answering the OP, I'd prefer him to stay as I think the stability that will offer will help us next season more than the invigoration a new man might bring in. As we have seen at Man United a new CEO and manager can't half **** up a transfer window.

I'm not at all sure the (now banned) member in question is a 'WUM' as you put it, and in any case the proper response to those who annoy you is surely to ignore their contributions rather than seeking to ban them. As I know from (much) personal experience this is easier said than done sometimes.

As for 'cleaning up' and 'reclaiming' the forum in the name of a supposed majority ... well that kind of language raises all kinds of associations in the back of this amateur historians mind that I don't much like frankly.

Ok. Cleaning up is probably the wrong way of putting it, accepted. But it's not wrong to take measures to stop individuals who seem to be determined to stop normal debate.

I can also agree with your policy of ignoring except that that becomes almost impossible when the behaviour is as aggressive and persistent as it has been recently.

All posters on swf that are classified "negative" are also "trolls" or "wums" i cant think of one exception on here. Coincidence?

People dont like hearing the truth, they want to come on here and read about how we had more possesion and shots on target and only lost b'cos of a bad referee... Soon as an alternative is offered and someone (a troll) offers a differnt explanation everyone goes nuts and crying foul. "Mods please ban this guy, he is making me upset with his nasty words"

Its an odd one.... Eventually the forum will be left with no opinions just threads like "wed be top if it wasnt for Mark Clattenburg" and "can mopo manage england, argentina, real madrid and saints at same time" people come to a forum to debate and discuss, but all alternative views should be banned!?

Those that just want fluffy stats, excuses, smiley player pics and news should try the OS?

All posters on swf that are classified "negative" are also "trolls" or "wums" i cant think of one exception on here. Coincidence?

People dont like hearing the truth, they want to come on here and read about how we had more possesion and shots on target and only lost b'cos of a bad referee... Soon as an alternative is offered and someone (a troll) offers a differnt explanation everyone goes nuts and crying foul. "Mods please ban this guy, he is making me upset with his nasty words"

Its an odd one.... Eventually the forum will be left with no opinions just threads like "wed be top if it wasnt for Mark Clattenburg" and "can mopo manage england, argentina, real madrid and saints at same time" people come to a forum to debate and discuss, but all alternative views should be banned!?

Those that just want fluffy stats, excuses, smiley player pics and news should try the OS?

You see - to my mind you don't really count as an entirely negative troll.

You post multiple conflicting posts...granted mostly in some way attacking club, players. manager, management but in different threads you are dfferent sides of the same argument..hence I can't take you in any way seriously. Possibly you have issues, who knows? I think it's unfortunate for any forum that you attach yourself to (are there enough hours in the day for more personalities on more forums I wonder?) but posssibly you are in some way a Saints fan. This is something I don't apply to the two recently banned ex-posters...more obvious skates would be difficult to concoct! Also the other one that I mentioned in another post as having the personality of Michael Gove and the likeability of Joey Barton (no prizes..it's too easy)..I guess I've come to accept that infiltrating slime from other rival clubs is a forum fact of life, sadly.

If you wanted to be liked and take fluffy, smiley responses perhaps you too should also try a different site..?

Possibly you have issues, who knows? I think it's unfortunate for any forum that you attach yourself to (are there enough hours in the day for more personalities on more forums I wonder?) but posssibly you are in some way a Saints fan. If you wanted to be liked and take fluffy, smiley responses perhaps you too should also try a different site..?

This. He puts getting attention above all else.

Not sure how a thread that asks this question can reach four pages of debate. He's a great Manager and vitally important for the way the club wants to move forward with the Academy. He's only been Managing in this country a year and is learning all the time himself. He has made most players in the squad either better players or play better consistently which has resulted in our squad reaching 8th in the Premier League.

He's made some mistakes, but never the same mistake twice as far as I am concerned. We should be thankful he is our Manager.

I can't honestly say I would be all that fussed. He's done a solid 7/10 job but his heart clearly isn't in it anymore and I think he's taken us as far as he's going to.

It just feels like the rest of the season is a stay of execution so they might as well sort it out sooner rather then later and get someone settled in for next year.

hey ....this is one of those " joke threads " - right ? .......

You see - to my mind you don't really count as an entirely negative troll.

You post multiple conflicting posts...granted mostly in some way attacking club, players. manager, management but in different threads you are dfferent sides of the same argument..hence I can't take you in any way seriously. Possibly you have issues, who knows? I think it's unfortunate for any forum that you attach yourself to (are there enough hours in the day for more personalities on more forums I wonder?) but posssibly you are in some way a Saints fan. This is something I don't apply to the two recently banned ex-posters...more obvious skates would be difficult to concoct! Also the other one that I mentioned in another post as having the personality of Michael Gove and the likeability of Joey Barton (no prizes..it's too easy)..I guess I've come to accept that infiltrating slime from other rival clubs is a forum fact of life, sadly.

If you wanted to be liked and take fluffy, smiley responses perhaps you too should also try a different site..?

Amen.

hey ....this is one of those " joke threads " - right ? .......

I dont have the will to read through 4 pages of posts but no doubt some saying he has under achieved and we should have been top 4 minimum with players at his disposal blah blah so probably si a joke

My thoughts are I want MP to stay if he wants to be here.....but if his heart isn't in it or he feels NC leaving changes things for him then I'd rather he left. A talented manager who isn't really interested is no use to the club. I haven't made my mind up whether MP really wants to be here or not yet.

Agree with the fist sentiment.

I hope it is Ralph Krueger's first task, to secure the management team to stay, (then convince the players !).