Would You Care If Pochettino Left Tommorow?

Pastor Patrón

Thanks for showing us what you look like.

And kindly justify this comment of yours with some evidence:-

You cant, can you?

So as the whole basis of your argument is undermined by lack of any verifiable evidence, then all it is, is hot air and blather. As usual. Take some gripe water.

So now you can be bothered to take part in the thread? Are you gonna try and talk like a big boy?

I think him to be an excellent manager but imo the club need to make him feel wanted (new contract) and show him they continue to mean business(money to spend in the summer).

I think you've hit the nail right there FF.

I don't think they will though, will be an interesting summer and in my eyes a bit of a struggle next year.

He's done well here, but it looks suspiciously like he's thinking more about his next job rather than this one, and his team are concentrating on their summer holidays rather than securing the last few points we may still need. This is not a ideal situation.

Indeed, a few more results like today's (utterly predictable one) and a season that promised so much could easily turn ugly.

Maybe take that same approach and pass by without commenting then?

See post #37. I wasn't aware that the only responses permitted had to agree with the OP. If that is the case you should have made it a statement rather than an enquiry, ( much in the style of 110PerSaint's pathetic wind-up threads ).

So now you can be bothered to take part in the thread? Are you gonna try and talk like a big boy?

Are you going to answer his question? It seems like a reasonable question and if you can provide some tangible support for your statement it might help your views being debated.

I really, really (no, really..!) want to ignore the likes of the OP....

Why do I focus on these idiots instead listening to my head and heart..

MP is just one of the best things to happen to this club in years.

We've lost two game that we were expecting to win.

The last few years have given us an opportunity to go into a lot of games actually expecting to win.

That hasn't happened a lot of time in my 50 years of watching Saints.

Maybe I'm easily pleased but at the moment, I'm actually enjoying the moment.

Yes, we could/should have won these games, but overall I'm not complaining.....

Are you going to answer his question? It seems like a reasonable question and if you can provide some tangible support for your statement it might help your views being debated.

Certainly, it's a general impression given off by his recent body language and comments. Of course it is something near on factually impossible to prove but many people have clearly picked up on it.

See post #37. I wasn't aware that the only responses permitted had to agree with the OP. If that is the case you should have made it a statement rather than an enquiry, ( much in the style of 110PerSaint's pathetic wind-up threads ).

No I don't think you quite understand. I have no problem with counter arguments, just tedious "loolz you're such an idiot" is neither interesting nor entertaining to read and adds nothing to a thread.

Some absolute ****e as usual.

He has us playing in a manner that we will develop but better players are needed. If the top dogs don't release the funds then we will not improve.

We desperately need a couple of quality attacking options to make use of the possession we enjoy.

Or better still sack MP and bring in ? yep that will get us storming into the top four.

Come on, both Greenridge and I have now called you out on whether you have any evidence that Pochettino has lost interest in the project.

Stop playing puerile games and either put up or shut up.

Another thread derailed by the relentless mopo apologists......

See. Hear. Speak :lol:

4 wins in 17 and more worrying...... Just one win against the top 10 sides all season.

With our squad he should be doing better imho

After last week i kinda hope he misses that top 8 bonus now

Haven`t you got some monkeys to spank?

Come on, both Greenridge and I have now called you out on whether you have any evidence that Pochettino has lost interest in the project.

Stop playing puerile games and either put up or shut up.

Just said that bro, clearly quite a few other people have more developed social skills then you so have been able to pick up on it.

The last few years have given us an opportunity to go into a lot of games actually expecting to win.

WHY is he ? Seriously ?

How do you REALLY know NA wouldnt have done better or at least as well with the same resources and same executive support ? Dont forget, NC decided to get rid of him before he even started his first PL season.

When I think of some of the strange team line ups and non-existent substitution strategy, coupled with some very odd losses of form from one match to the next, I think that MoPo isnt all that, actually...

Certainly, it's a general impression given off by his recent body language and comments. Of course it is something near on factually impossible to prove but many people have clearly picked up on it.

Ah! many people have clearly picked up on it, like Glasgow Saint and 110 persaint, so it therefore validates your assumption that it must be true. :rolleyes:

His body language? My word, your expertise in that field leaves me in awe of your abilities. Perhaps you can look at the body language of all the other managers and tell us who is ripe to head-hunt as his replacement.

This:thumbup:

It's a pleasure to watch us play some great football. Expectations are high because it is obvious that we are not far off being a cracking young team.

We are not going to win every game but we ARE moving in the right direction.

Ah! many people have clearly picked up on it, like Glasgow Saint and 110 persaint, so it therefore validates your assumption that it must be true. :rolleyes:

His body language? My word, your expertise in that field leaves me in awe of your abilities. Perhaps you can look at the body language of all the other managers and tell us who is ripe to head-hunt as his replacement.

And the other posters you're choosing to ignore because it doesn't suit your argument? How would body language identify a new manager wtf are you talking about? You have literally no side to your argument so are just sulking.

When he arrived someone posted a comment from a Spanish friend with a knowledge of Premier League and La Liga saying he was the 'Spanish equivalent of Steve Bruce'.

His style of football is better, and we still harbour high hopes that he will develop into an exceptional manager with us. Whether he can depends largely on the relationship with KL , and her vision, not to mention the crucial CEO appointment.

As for the original question - I want MP to stay and live up to our hopes, but don't think he will . He stayed loyal to Espanyol when he could have left, and was later sacked. Lesson probably learnt. He will want to quit whilst he's at his 'highest stock' , and if this season goes down the pan he'll become more like 'El 'Arry ' and none of it will be his fault etc, due to background changes etc etc, perhaps he's perfecting the interview out of the Range Rover window technique as well.

Big worry for me is whether KL and her new CEO are as successful in attracting the right man for the job if needed. Credit Cortese where it is due this is an area he excelled at.

When he arrived someone posted a comment from a Spanish friend with a knowledge of Premier League and La Liga saying he was the 'Spanish equivalent of Steve Bruce'.

His style of football is better, and we still harbour high hopes that he will develop into an exceptional manager with us. Whether he can depends largely on the relationship with KL , and her vision, not to mention the crucial CEO appointment.

As for the original question - I want MP to stay and live up to our hopes, but don't think he will . He stayed loyal to Espanyol when he could have left, and was later sacked. Lesson probably learnt. He will want to quit whilst he's at his 'highest stock' , and if this season goes down the pan he'll become more like 'El 'Arry ' and none of it will be his fault etc, due to background changes etc etc, perhaps he's perfecting the interview out of the Range Rover window technique as well.

Big worry for me is whether KL and her new CEO are as successful in attracting the right man for the job if needed. Credit Cortese where it is due this is an area he excelled at.

Yes Cortese excelled at attracting good talent but surely he did it with KL's money!

And the other posters you're choosing to ignore because it doesn't suit your argument? How would body language identify a new manager wtf are you talking about? You have literally no side to your argument so are just sulking.

I choose to target you, because you're the original poster of this tripe.

Aren't you able to follow an argument through to a conclusion? If you are able to discern from Pochettino's body language that he has given up on us, then surely you must also be able to read whether other managers have also given up on their teams too. All you have to do, is use this expertise you have to provide a list of the names of suitable candidates to the club and leave the rest to them.

This:thumbup:

It's a pleasure to watch us play some great football. Expectations are high because it is obvious that we are not far off being a cracking young team.

We are not going to win every game but we ARE moving in the right direction.

Good post! The team is very young, relatively inexperienced, playing good football and learning. The key is going to be can we hang on to the manager and team so that the fruits are enjoyed at Saints and not at other clubs!

I can't honestly say I would be all that fussed. He's done a solid 7/10 job but his heart clearly isn't in it anymore and I think he's taken us as far as he's going to. It just feels like the rest of the season is a stay of execution so they might as well sort it out sooner rather then later and get someone settled in for next year.

Yes, you complete f**king helmet.

What is it with you and prats like Glasgow Saint constantly typing such drivel. Get out of your bedsits.

Where is the evidence of that?

Keep up, KP. Pastor is an expert at reading body language, which tells him that his heart isn't in it anymore, and anyway, others have posted opinions that Pochettino has lost interest too.

It therefore must be true and anybody who doesn't agree with the OP is a cry baby.

I choose to target you, because you're the original poster of this tripe.

Aren't you able to follow an argument through to a conclusion? If you are able to discern from Pochettino's body language that he has given up on us, then surely you must also be able to read whether other managers have also given up on their teams too. All you have to do, is use this expertise you have to provide a list of the names of suitable candidates to the club and leave the rest to them.

No, again you're not understanding what I'm saying. My point is that many people have picked up on Pochettino's seemingly lethargic attitude lately, whereas you claimed only myself and two other people had. Most people with a more rounded personality would recognise that there might be something in it if this many people are picking up on it, it's a similar thing with the current ownership of the club, people generally have quite good instinct in detecting when things are wrong. Why would we only hire a manager who has given up on their team, again you're just getting mad and typing nonsense?

I believe this site is still described as a 'forum' rather than a cheerleaders club therefore it seems to me perfectly in order to discuss subjects such as a managers perceived body language or the impression fans have gained of his real commitment to the club. As for demanding some kind of physical evidence to support what is afterall just a fans opinion .. well that's just silly isn't it?

What are you asking for, a statistical analysis of how long MP has remained rooted to his seat over the last month?

Yes Cortese excelled at attracting good talent but surely he did it with KL's money!

Absolutely.

I'm not a great fan of NC, but his appointments all worked. Many a board, or CEO with £ at their disposal have made poor choices.

Of course, part of the problem might have been the raw ambition that he expected KL to fund, without KL's approval or a willingness to share the plans with her/the trust along the way.

My last comment re selection of a manager if/when needed is whether KL/her advisers have the midas touch in the selection that NC appears to have had. Perhaps Ralph Kruger is an old drinking buddy of Jurgen Klopp , but lets not bank on it.

More like it:)

Saints have done very well under MP:)

Proud to be a Saints supporter:)

Keep it going Poch.......more wins to come:)

Sad to see a few non Saints supporters spouting rubbishe again:mcinnes:

COYS

Is our lack of cutting edge upfront the result of managerial inadequacies from a defensively minded manager who struggles to motivate strikers, or a personnel issue (i.e can be easily solved with spending in the right direction)?

What has changed from when teams were unable to score against us, to now when we seem a little more vunerable at the back. Lack of managerial interest or as a direct result of injuries to Borac, Lovren, Vic and lack of defensive depth?

I believe this site is still described as a 'forum' rather than a cheerleaders club therefore it seems to me perfectly in order to discuss subjects such as a managers perceived body language or the impression fans have gained of his real commitment to the club. As for demanding some kind of physical evidence to support what is afterall just a fans opinion .. well that's just silly isn't it?

What are you asking for, a statistical analysis of how long MP has remained rooted to his seat over the last month?

I'd rather react to events that have happened when they happen, rather than indulging in idle speculation of what might happen, based on a poster with form of such idiot posts speculating on the basis of his perception of the manager's body language.

If anybody else feels inclined to take that view too about such posts, then of course they are also entitled to do so, as several already have.

If you wish to misinterpret any such posts as representing a cheerleaders' club, then go ahead.

I'd rather react to events that have happened when they happen, rather than indulging in idle speculation of what might happen, based on a poster with form of such idiot posts speculating on the basis of his perception of the manager's body language.

If anybody else feels inclined to take that view too about such posts, then of course they are also entitled to do so, as several already have.

If you wish to misinterpret any such posts as representing a cheerleaders' club, then go ahead.

You really are having a bad time aren't you?

Why would we only hire a manager who has given up on their team, again you're just getting mad and typing nonsense?

Do you think that if you say it often enough, people will start to believe it? Some of the hard of thinking brigade might, but the others will just think that it makes you look as if you have some sort of pathetic agenda.

Do you think that if you say it often enough, people will start to believe it? Some of the hard of thinking brigade might, but the others will just think that it makes you look as if you have some sort of pathetic agenda.

Are you drunk? I mean seriously, are you struggling to comprehend what I'm typing to that extent?

WHY is he ? Seriously ?

How do you REALLY know NA wouldnt have done better or at least as well with the same resources and same executive support ? Dont forget, NC decided to get rid of him before he even started his first PL season.

When I think of some of the strange team line ups and non-existent substitution strategy, coupled with some very odd losses of form from one match to the next, I think that MoPo isnt all that, actually...

How do I know...??

Of course I don't know that any more than you do...

I'm replying to the OP, who asked if I would care if MP left the club.

The answer is clear to me, yes I would care. We have some incredible talent coming through and watch us today it's clear that we are 80% of a very, very good PL side.

Would we win the PL with the extra 20%. No, of course not unless the owners put up some serious cash. And then you would ask, would I want that and the answer is no, I don't want to be a Chelsea or Man City.

No we didn't win these games. But how much higher up the PL should we be aiming? To win it is the ultimate aim but you have to take a step back and ask what is a realistic target.

We're not the finished article by any means, but we're getting there. What do you really expect from MP, or any other manager you can name, in the time that he's been here?

I just hope he doesn't read this forum.

I was as hacked off as everybody else after the last two games. But get real....

Edited by The Saint

Are you drunk? I mean seriously, are you struggling to comprehend what I'm typing to that extent?

There comes a point when arguing with idiots, that you just have to accept that there is really no point in furthering the discussion. I've reached that point with you. Go and celebrate; you've worn me down with your wind-uppery.

Wes Tender loves his "where's your evidence" routine when he decides to challenge, err, someone giving an opinion on the internet.

Less keen on bothering with evidence to support his own bulls h it theories, as we've seen time and again. Funny that.

There comes a point when arguing with idiots, that you just have to accept that there is really no point in furthering the discussion. I've reached that point with you. Go and celebrate; you've worn me down with your wind-uppery.

Wes- "If you are able to discern from Pochettino's body language that he has given up on us, then surely you must also be able to read whether other managers have also given up on their teams too. All you have to do, is use this expertise you have to provide a list of the names of suitable candidates to the club and leave the rest to them."

Me- "Why would we only hire a manager who has given up on their team?"

Wes- "Do you think that if you say it often enough, people will start to believe it? Some of the hard of thinking brigade might, but the others will just think that it makes you look as if you have some sort of pathetic agenda."

Just thought I'd recap that to point out how astonishingly stupid you are.

It's a 'general impression' pastor has. Compelling evidence right there it seems.

Any evidence mopo does have his heart in it?

No transfers in Jan, the FA cup, Nicola leaving, spurs link, osvaldo, mopos body language, fans backlash to FA cup, still not learnt English, no new contract offer or talks, doesnt commit beyond the end of season in any interviews + our recent form and reported fall out with players after the Sunderland defeat...... Its defo leaning towards "he's off"

Oh dont forget Real Madrid or this > http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/europa/esclusiva-tmw-southampton-pochettino-a-fine-stagione-possibile-addio-516820

We outplayed West Ham today having 25 shots, 69% possession, 11 corners... just couldn't convert chances. As is often the tale when teams park the bus against us.

We are in our joint highest ever position in the Premier League. So yes, I would miss the manager that has got us there.

This - the logical response.

My point is that many people have picked up on Pochettino's seemingly lethargic attitude lately.....

Go on then - name a couple of those people for me. I need to be convinced.

Not wishing to labour a point......actually, that is not true, I do wish to labour this point. I am not asking you to explain your reading of body language or anything intangible here - just an example or two of people who have picked up on this seemingly lethargic attitude. Actually, just one would do for starters. I would prefer a real person rather than somebody hiding behind a pseudonym but that is probably asking the impossible.

Any evidence mopo does have his heart in it?

No transfers in Jan, the FA cup, Nicola leaving, spurs link, osvaldo, mopos body language, fans backlash to FA cup, still not learnt English, no new contract offer or talks, doesnt commit beyond the end of season in any interviews + our recent form and reported fall out with players after the Sunderland defeat...... Its defo leaning towards "he's off"

Oh dont forget Real Madrid or this > http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/europa/esclusiva-tmw-southampton-pochettino-a-fine-stagione-possibile-addio-516820

Sorry Glasgow, I'm going to be a little pedantic over this. This isn't evidence. It is supposition that things possibly happening behind the scenes are providing a basis for. The Fa cup match has been done to death, I know, but MoPo put out a side that should have beaten Sunderland. Unfortunately they didn't perform. The fans backlash also doesn't suggest anything other than an optimistic fan base. The rest may or may not be as you suggest, but I just don't buy it. Silence from the club over contracts seems policy these days so maybe talks have been happening. The Spurs and Madrid links seem to be paper talk. Nicola leaving would have been the acid test but he is still here. The language issue has also been done to death and hasn't been any different since he arrived - certainly wasn't leaving then. As for the falling out with the players, after that performance it was more than likely harsh words and extra training. Not necessarily a bad thing imo. Strachan stopped talking to the players for days after a bad result, remember, long before he left. Please don't unfriend me for this though ;-)