Liverpool build up

Batman

Wanyama was great up there from what I remember. Hes great at tackling and stopped the oppos momentum, breaking up play etc, but shocking at passing. If he was in the form he was in at the start of the season, he plays, but he's not he's been shocking. Cork to start for me.

Wanyama has obviously been having trouble with his leg since he came back, you could tell by the way he went gingerly about his tackles. Those weren't Wanyama tackles they were 8 year old maiden tackles.

I don't know why so many think Wanyama is so vital to us, he's not been the same since his injury lay off, worst player on the pitch against Sunderland. B I think we can score, 3-2 Liverpool is my prediction. Sturridge 2, and Suarez. Lambert abd Ramirez. Don't like doing it but I'll be having a decent bet on Liverpool at 11/10

I don't know why so many think Wanyama is so vital to us, he's not been the same since his injury lay off, worst player on the pitch against Sunderland. B I think we can score, 3-2 Liverpool is my prediction. Sturridge 2, and Suarez. Lambert abd Ramirez. Don't like doing it but I'll be having a decent bet on Liverpool at 11/10

Why do fans bet on saints to lose?

Ffs 11/10 :lol: easy money given our form

Will have a few quid on that for sure

Might have to do that we won many games at the start of the season when he was playing and in form, while we´ve not been winning so much since he´s been out??

Just a guess...

Lump on job ain't it Glasgow? I bet what I can afford to lose, but from an odds perspective the price is way too big. They should be odds on IMO

Betting against Saints is win/win and surprised more dont get on it. I have made a sizeable amount betting AGAINST saints this season, and when i do lose i dont mind as my team have won or drawn

On the basis you have never been right about anything I am now feeling more confident.

Don't worry. Dalek never means anything he ever posts anyway. He's simply a rib - tickling hilarious comedy troll.

Hang about and he'll do his "we're sleepwalking to relegation" routine. Oh, he's just so funny I nearly wet myself.

Betting against Saints is win/win and surprised more dont get on it. I have made a sizeable amount betting AGAINST saints this season, and when i do lose i dont mind as my team have won or drawn

Exactly. A few hundred to numb the pain of the last 2 defeats certainly helped. Would happily take even a point tomorrow, think it could be an entertaining game

This could be anything!

We have good record v L'pool, bogey team, we're due a decent performance, Lovren coming back, SMS under lights (straw clutching). Wheels always come off for the Scouse just when they are doing a bit better etc.

Saints on the crest of a slump, SAS, season's over, MoPo only has eyes for the exit door, should've bought a striker. L'pool with a decent CL shout etc.etc.

Utter dread, I'm watching it in the pub with some Saints, some L'pool, lots of neutrals. If we win then all is well, if we lose major grief v 'it's a bit of a nothing game for us'.

I think we'll lose 1-3 but will be overjoyed to be proved wrong......

A little part of me died at Sun'lan', roll on the start of next season!

Mauricio Pochettino says Jos Hooiveld and @VictorWanyama the only fitness concerns ahead of the @LFC game. Both being assessed

Promising - very promising. Wanyama would be a nightmare in this game, with his constant loose passing being exploited by a fast breaking Liverpool team. And Jos is worth a one goal start to anyone.

You mean like he was when we won 1-0 at Anfield!

PM me...leave mobile /tel no. as One(1) spare ADULT...face value ticket..

Saints supporter only

re someone ill and unable to attend Saturday.

I will be at game with family and able to pass on said ticket

One adult ticket still available..... for Saints v Liverpool.

Leaving West Country for game.....about 1pm tomorrow.

Anyone interested contact with mobile number etc.

Don't worry. Dalek never means anything he ever posts anyway. He's simply a rib - tickling hilarious comedy troll.

Hang about and he'll do his "we're sleepwalking to relegation" routine. Oh, he's just so funny I nearly wet myself.

Never mind about me CB Fry, you have received a right kicking on other threads, you credibility is at all time low LOL !

Back in Dubai and it's Barasti Bar time for Dubai Saints except Phil who will be repping us at SMS :toppa:

Will he miss out on the moment we celebrate our 40 point survival party?

I've composed this little ditty for the occassion ....

DubaiSaints are havin a party

If we reach 40, it might get nawty ;)

Normally a fair few LFC fans in Barasti so it could be interesting with the neutrals cheering us on!!

COYS

Sounds like Lovren is back according to his twitter.

Would be a very welcome boost.

Welcome and absolutely necessary because if we had to play Maya or Jos they will take us apart, not at all convinced that they won't anyway, depends on our strikers really, they need to step up and start putting those chances away.

Apparently not. Suarez didn't play. Was he still on his ban? They are much more of a threat when he plays together with Sturridge.

Suarez did play at SMS last year I think, just wasn't anything special, in fact I have a distinct memory of them not being very good at all on that day. Changed a lot since then though, especially with the eclosion of Sterling of late, still they weren't all that brilliant against

Swansea last week.

I'm hoping MP plays Clyne to combat the scousers' pace down the flanks; but I'm not confident he will.

I'd like to see him play both Clyne and Chambers down our right, he won't though, the system seems to be set in stone.

Usual side but with Chambers in place of Davis.

I thought that he had played too, but went by Soccerbase, who obviously got it wrong.

Liverpool:

S Mignolet, K Toure, D Agger (J Enrique, 57), M Skrtel (Luis Alberto, 72), M Sakho, S Gerrard, I Aspas (R Sterling, 45), Lucas, V Moses, J Henderson, D Sturridge

Subs not used: M Kelly, J Ibe, B Jones, A Wisdom

Southampton: A Boruc, L Shaw, D Lovren, J Fonte, N Clyne yellow card, P Osvaldo, A Lallana (J Ward-Prowse, 76), M Schneiderlin, J Rodriguez (J Cork, 89), V Wanyama, R Lambert (S Davis, 66)

Subs not used: G Ramirez, C Chambers, K Davis, J Hooiveld

Referee:Neil Swarbrick. Attendance:44755. Stadium:Anfield

I thought that he had played too, but went by Soccerbase, who obviously got it wrong.

Liverpool:

S Mignolet, K Toure, D Agger (J Enrique, 57), M Skrtel (Luis Alberto, 72), M Sakho, S Gerrard, I Aspas (R Sterling, 45), Lucas, V Moses, J Henderson, D Sturridge

Southampton: A Boruc, L Shaw, D Lovren, J Fonte, N Clyne yellow card, P Osvaldo, A Lallana (J Ward-Prowse, 76), M Schneiderlin, J Rodriguez (J Cork, 89), V Wanyama, R Lambert (S Davis, 66)

suarez was suspended at anfield

Liverpool:

Soccerbase is referring to the game at Anfield earlier this season - we're referring to the game at SMS last season. Incredible but we've beaten them twice the last two times we've played.

In a stunning display of incompetence I have completely missed the late kick off, got up unnecessarily at 6 am, caught the usual train for a 3 pm ko, will now have 2 1/2 hours extra to wait for the game which will inevitably mean getting excessively wasted before kick-off. And the probability of getting home tonight is slim to zero. Should be fun.

Edited by Shroppie

In a stunning display of incompetence I have completely missed the Kate kick off, got up unnecessarily at 6 am, caught the usual train for a 3 pm ko, will now have 2 1/2 hours extra to wait for the game which will inevitably mean getting excessively wasted before kick-off. And the probability of getting home tonight is slim to zero. Should be fun.

Extra 2 and a half hours in the pub? Now that's the sort of incompetence I like!

In a stunning display of incompetence I have completely missed the Kate kick off, got up unnecessarily at 6 am, caught the usual train for a 3 pm ko, will now have 2 1/2 hours extra to wait for the game which will inevitably mean getting excessively wasted before kick-off. And the probability of getting home tonight is slim to zero. Should be fun.

:facepalm:

There are worse ways to ****** away two or three hours.

Hopefully you'll be OK getting back. Know that there are trains running to Shrewsbury etc till quite late.