Summer Transfer Window

Saint Garrett

I think we will lose Fonte ( 1 year left in June), Shaw (big offer), Cork ( 1 year left in June), and Lambert (one last pay day)and I have a suspicion MoPo as well. Osvaldo and Ramirez will also likely go …but I don’t give a toss about those two! So a major rebuilding process will need to occur.

The only thing that may stop that is a takeover bid at which point there may be a little decision paralysis as the vendor tries to second guess what the purchaser wants+ management (suits not tracksuits….)gets bogged down in the due diligence process.

I'd be happy with

Outs

Osvaldo (£15m), Shaw (Chelsea £20m + Bertrand), Hooiveld, Guly, Fox, Bernard, Forte, Mayuka, Sharp, Isgrove, Gazza

In

Bertrand (Included in shaw deal), Thomas Vermaelen (think his contract is up at the end of the season at arsenal and has said he is leaving), Asmir Begović or Jack Butland, Christian Benteke, Demba Ba (nominal fee), Éver Banega or Erik Lemela

I'd be happy with

Outs

Osvaldo (£15m), Shaw (Chelsea £20m + Bertrand), Hooiveld, Guly, Fox, Bernard, Forte, Mayuka, Sharp, Isgrove, Gazza

In

Bertrand (Included in shaw deal), Thomas Vermaelen (think his contract is up at the end of the season at arsenal and has said he is leaving), Asmir Begović or Jack Butland, Christian Benteke, Demba Ba (nominal fee), Éver Banega or Erik Lemela

Vermaelen yes very much so, Begovic again yes would he come though? Benega and Lamela no as we have had enough of gambles, Premiership proven unless we are prepared to spend on absolute quality, we cant and wont, Benteke again no he is to hot and cold, Ba though is a good option.

This summer :

Potentially change-of-hands

Likely change of manager

Much more significant outs than ins

Next season - bottom 3rd of table.

Let us hope for better things alps!

no change of hands

ponch stays

no-one leaves and +£30m spent wisely

Next season - Top 3rd of table

Vermaelen yes very much so, Begovic again yes would he come though? Benega and Lamela no as we have had enough of gambles, Premiership proven unless we are prepared to spend on absolute quality, we cant and wont, Benteke again no he is to hot and cold, Ba though is a good option.

I thought Bernard went some seasons ago after we got relegated.......Infact he may even have retired!! I'd like to see Barnard added to that list of those out :)

Sorry should have related to this post!

I'd be happy with

Outs

In

On the bright side, there should be plenty for our new Manager to spend to fund this all (or a new crane design for our parent company of course), especially as we'll have money from:

Shaw £22-£25m to Chelsea/Man U/Spurs/Liverpool

Osvaldo £15m to Juve/Galatasaray

Chambers £10 to Arsenal

Wanyama £15m to Man City

Rodriguez £10m to Everton/Liverpool

Schnederlein £15m to Arsenal

Ramirez to Fiorentina/Inter £12m

Lallana to Man Utd £15m

Lambert to West Ham £8m

Guly 2 cups of tea and small pie

Pottecino compensation £?

Makes a nice £120m + transfer kitty

Not sure what the Mirror/Star/Express will write about next year though ?

Courtoius is already world class and better than Cech IMO. Think he'll be Chelsea's no 1 next year.

Can't see him playing for Chelsea, but rather he will be part of the deal to bring Diego Costa to Stamford Bridge. If they do, then will there be enough money to buy Shaw, as FFP seems to be being taken seriously at Chelsea, or more seriously than in Manchester.

That'd be quite something. JWP has lost form but he's a very talented player and will only improve for next season. Amazing if we've produced yet another Premier League level player.

If we lost Davis I wouldn't be too disappointed seeing JWP play more games. He just needs to add a goal threat to his game. Might get Shaw, Chambers, JWP, Reed, Lallana and Gallagher in the same side. Academy dream achieved.

What nonsense- Davis would be a big loss and JWP is nowhere near his level yet. No prizes for playing as many academy players as possible.

United want Reed? How much of this is just "he's from Southampton, he must be good"? Reminds me of Nick Hornby's piece on Gus Caeser at Arsenal - England U21 purely on basis of club he played for.

Not that Reed is Gus Caeser by any means, in fact he's looked pretty useful every time I've seen him. Just made me think of Fever Pitch.

So just so i'm clear:

Shaw is going to Man U, Chelsea or Man City

Reed is going to Man U

Lallana is going to Man U

Is Lambert still going to West Ham?

Jay Rod is going to Liverpool

Any others i missed?

Clyne to Arsenal

Chambers to Arsenal

Wanyama to Man City

Jack Cork to Swansea

'If we lost Davis I wouldn't be too disappointed seeing JWP play more games'.

Nowhere did I say a) I hope we lose Davis or b) JWP would currently be a better options.

But no, what nonsense.

So the net implication is that you would rather we played with a weakened team?

Not seen any reference to Cody Cropper.

I know he's young but he has played for the U.S. first team.

I've not personally seen him play, so how do those who have, rate him. ?

Does he deserve to be retained. ?

I'm pretty sure Cropper has never played for the USA first team. Not seen much of himself, but most reports seem to suggest he's not great.

I will keep it simple, we need a striker. RL is at the end of his career. Osvaldo is an indication we knew we needed a Striker and the board came through. There must be a replacement being lined up. We should use this seasons positive performance and top ten position to tempt the players who would do well here. What do we need? tall, strong, quick feet, fast, fit, silky, bullish........all of the above and can score 20+. Well guess what , so are every club looking for that perfect striker so we have to be realistic. Now great footy managers, what do we get? would you go for the big front man or the tricky small striker? hmmm, we have been playing with our own big target man RL for a few years and done very well. A simple big man replacement would seem the easy answer. So my realistic choices would be three players from the BPL that have shown they can score goals at this level and we have seen there quality first hand on a weekly basis. Benteke (age 23- we are a better team than AV ), Lukaka (age-20, very unlikely if Chelsea want to keep him, but if they want LS that bad, here is the makeweight) and Demba Ba (28- already rumored to be available for transfer in the summer). Three big, fast, tricky strikers who could lead our front line.......

BUT is this what MP wants?? since he has been here and imposed his aggressive pressing, ball retention, methodical build up style. He has diminished RL from an out and out target man to a more involved play maker, more intricate ball movement. If we are emulating the Barcelona model in style of play and youth academy, we can see that Barca do not play with a big, strong front man, they opt for more sublime skilled players, one that is just as comfortable in midfield (with the stamina of a midfielder) as they are upfront (this is a positive for RL, MP has been blessed with a big striker that can mix it up in midfield, his touch and passing ability is awesome). So MP choice - Osvaldo - a player who's got ability, agility and more intune to the tikka takka ball movement. These are clues that a similar player is to scouted, we don't seem concerned about POWER and PACE, we seem to be leaning toward STAMINA and GRACE. It is imperative that whom ever it be, must be willing to close down from the front, our style depends on the strikers maintaining this pressure, otherwise it all fails and we get exposed. I suspect Osvaldo was not a great fit for this, as most strikers conserve their energy when the ball needs to be won. This they feel is their right as the goal scorer of their team, they can let a defender waltz pass them and let the rest of the team worry about getting it back. We cannot make that mistake again on a premadonna striker who is not worthy of the grunt work of closing down opposition, Jrod and RL (especially RL at his size and age) has suffered some of their goal tally because they have spent so much energy on pressing from the front. We seem to in the lookout for a Suarez, Sergio player (ohhh that would be so nice) Sooooo, who of the more mobile nimble strikes of the world would you like? the one in the BPL that we could entice is not so attractive as the Big strikers i have mentioned. how about - Remy (can score , but would he do the hard work of pressing from the front? are we more attractive than Newcastle to the player? Fabio Borini? seems like he could develop into class. Nothing stands out to me in the BPL. Maybe we can get lucky in the championship or world footballing pot. I would be interested to see if my theory of wanting a smaller more mobile front man than the big brute force type of player.

No thanks, 40 in 200 is way off a decent strike rate. Let Newcastle have him and we can then try to buy Remy from QPR,

Remy is a goal every 2 games or so in the PL. After seeing PSG crush Leverkusen the other day I have come to the opinion that

German football in general is vastly overrated.

Edited by Window Cleaner

No thanks, 40 in 200 is way off a decent strike rate. Let Newcastle have him and we can then try to buy Remy from QPR,

Remy is a goal every 2 games or so in the PL. After seeing PSG crush Leverkusen the other day I have come to the opinion that

German football in general is vastly overrated.

What scoring ratio do you expect to get from an attacking midfielder? That's a decent return from a good player.

Not seen this link before http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-plot-aaron-hunt-transfer-2870516 admittedly Crook, The Mirror etc etc.....

What scoring ratio do you expect to get from an attacking midfielder? That's a decent return from a good player.

Not seen this link before http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-plot-aaron-hunt-transfer-2870516 admittedly Crook, The Mirror etc etc.....

Alan Nixon tweeted during the January window that this was a done deal for the summer.

So did he sign a pre-contract then ? Who knows really. I'd be looking for someone at least as prolific as Adam and Jay really,

a goal every 2.5/3 games or so. Just don't think we need any more AMs, we need strikers and CBs as a priority. Then again as I've said I really don't rate the average German player and Bayern and Borussia hoover up anything of real quality. The Holtbys Schürrles and Marins they can keep.

So did he sign a pre-contract then ? Who knows really. I'd be looking for someone at least as prolific as Adam and Jay really,

a goal every 2.5/3 games or so. Just don't think we need any more AMs, we need strikers and CBs as a priority. Then again as I've said I really don't rate the average German player and Bayern and Borussia hoover up anything of real quality. The Holtbys Schürrles and Marins they can keep.

Good points, I'll wait for us to be linked with Toni Kroos this summer.

a goal every 2.5/3 games or so. Just don't think we need any more AMs, we need strikers and CBs as a priority.

I am not sure we are over stocked with attacking midfielder options. A goal every three games for a midfielder is good going.

they are average players, that's why one doesn't get much game time and the other has gone from Spurs to Fulham.

Schurrle is 23 years old and has made 30 appearances for Germany scoring 10 goals in the process. Mourinho obviously thinks he has enough about him that he has played a part in most of Chelsea's games this season who are in with a shout of winning the league. He's definitely above average.

Schurrle is 23 years old and has made 30 appearances for Germany scoring 10 goals in the process. Mourinho obviously thinks he has enough about him that he has played a part in most of Chelsea's games this season who are in with a shout of winning the league. He's definitely above average.

Not for me, in English football he is distinctly average. I'm hard to please. Bet he's sent packing by Chelsea this summer.

MP stated in an interview this was not going to happen.

Although this may have been 'not this window'.

That would tie In with Nixons tweet. It was something along the lines of 'hunt to saints is a goer, might happen in January but more likely summer' can't remember it word for word.