Sunderland away to Brighton or hull

Roger

He's right though :)

So if you had told Rob & Ollie Lee that we hadn't lost yesterday, then we would have had a different draw?

Correct, the draw would have been different. We still may have got Brighton/Hull away, but it doesn't automatically mean we would have.

See this for how something seemingly trivial like missing one tube train can have big knock on effects...

Edited by Matthew Le God

So if you had told Rob & Ollie Lee that we hadn't lost yesterday, then we would have had a different draw?

Look at it this way... If you went back in time one day (let's call it Groundhog Day) do you think your day would end up exactly the same each and every time? Or would there be minor differences?

If the people doing the draw had a conversation beforehand (which they obviously would have done) and that conversation lasted 10 seconds longer because they were discussing the brilliant come back from Saints after Rickie equalised with that sitter, then their hands and the bag of balls wouldn't have been in the same molecular position some 10 minutes later.

That 10 seconds would have made all the difference. Time to cook dinner now (which may turn out differently because I've spent the last 30 seconds typing out this post...)

Edited by trousers

Correct, the draw would have been different. We still may have got Brighton/Hull away, but it doesn't automatically mean we would have.

See this for how something seemingly trivial like missing one tube train can have big knock on effects...

You do realise the difference between fiction and non-fiction? Or are all your life decisions ruled by Gwyneth Paltrow?

Look at it this way... If you went back in time one day (let's call it Groundhog Day) do you think your day would end up exactly the same each and every time? Or would there be minor differences?

If the people doing the draw had a conversation beforehand (which they obviously would have done) and that conversation lasted 10 seconds longer because they were discussing the brilliant come back from Saints after Rickie equalised with that sitter, then their hands and the bag of balls wouldn't have been in the same molecular position some 10 minutes later.

That 10 seconds would have made all the difference. Time to cook dinner now (which may turn out differently because I've spent the last 30 seconds typing out this post...)

We don't know that and we can't prove it either way. Maybe everything turns out the same way every time?

I've never seen that particular film, but I feel I have, seeing the number of times you have posted a photo of it up here.

It is a theory and until someone invents time-travel, then that is what it will remain. Even if a certain lunatic/obsessive on here, keeps harping on about it.

We don't know that and we can't prove it either way. Maybe everything turns out the same way every time?

Indeed, maybe they do. Or maybe they don't. Ergo we can say for certain that the draw would have turned out the same or differently if Saints were still in the competition.

Potatoes need turning. Back shortly

I've never seen that particular film, but I feel I have, seeing the number of times you have posted a photo of it up here.

It is a theory and until someone invents time-travel, then that is what it will remain. Even if a certain lunatic/obsessive on here, keeps harping on about it.

A theory in science isn't a "guess", it is the best explanation of something with the current evidence.

You do realise the difference between fiction and non-fiction? Or are all your life decisions ruled by Gwyneth Paltrow?

I really don't see how this is in the slightest bit relevant.

Lets take yesterday, do you not think Saints losing had a negative effect on the mood of pretty much every Saints fan. That would impact on their conversations and actions with everyone they met. Had they won they would have acted differently and had different interactions with the world. Something as seemingly trivial as a football team like Saints winning/losing would effect everyone in the world as people's life would have been different.

I really don't see how you can argue against that, and no-one so far has given a good reason why that isn't the case. All people have done is dismiss it.

I really don't see how this is in the slightest bit relevant.

Lets take yesterday, do you not think Saints losing had a negative effect on the mood of pretty much every Saints fan. That would impact on their conversations and actions with everyone they met. Had they won they would have acted differently and had different interactions with the world. Something as seemingly trivial as a football team winning/losing would effect everyone in the world.

You've yet to say how it would have affected the people that matter though, those doing the draw.

Yes, we can prove that you are wrong.

Lets say your grandfather was shot and killed in a war before your father was conceived, you wouldn't then be born. He wasn't shot, so you were born and the world and everyone you have interacted with is different to how it would have been had the bullet killed him.

Edited by Matthew Le God

no-one so far has given a good reason why that isn't the case. All people have done is dismiss it.

Erm maybe you are not aware but a little guy called Baby Jesus controls all things under the heavens. Heard of him? He is much more powerful than ur butterflies, trust me. He eats butterflies for breakfast

Lets say your grandfather was shot and killed in a war before your father was conceived, you wouldn't then be born. He wasn't shot, so you were born and the world and everyone you have interactive with is different to how it would have been had the bullet killed him.

Was Rob Lee's grandfather shot in the war, then? Or not?

Or would Rob Lee have been shot by a rampaging Sunderland fan had they lost yesterday? Or just caused him to miss his train on the tube?

I'm confused.

You've yet to say how it would have affected the people that matter though, those doing the draw.

Was your afternoon yesterday changed by the Saints result? Did it put you in a bad mood? Did you then act differently to how you would have if Saints had won? Did you have conversations you wouldn't have had, go to places you wouldn't have? It all spreads out. Now multiply that and consider all the interactions everyone knowing Saints had won/lost had. It then spreads out across the world and things pan out in a different way even due to a seemingly trivial thing like Saints winning/losing. All these interactions add up and mean Rob Lee wouldn't have put the balls in exactly the same, wouldn't have stirred them the same and wouldn't have picked them out the same.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Lets say your grandfather was shot and killed in a war before your father was conceived, you wouldn't then be born. He wasn't shot, so you were born and the world and everyone you have interactive with is different to how it would have been had the bullet killed him.

That doesn't prove anything. He wasn't, so he was, so I am. Anyway, my grandad's were too old for either war.

These are all conjectures. There is only one past, so there is only one future for that past. Up to now, at least.

That doesn't prove anything. He wasn't, so he was, so I am. Anyway, my grandad's were too old for either war.

These are all conjectures. There is only one past, so there is only one future for that past. Up to now, at least.

Yes it does prove you are wrong, because we were discussing an alternate reality where Saints had beaten Sunderland and were in the draw for the next round.

You appear to think that polar opposite always equal the same outcome and that is quite easily shown to be nonsense.

Yes it does prove you are wrong, because we were discussing an alternate reality where Saints had beaten Sunderland and were in the draw for the next round.

You appear to think that polar opposite always equal the same outcome and that is quite easily shown to be nonsense.

There are no alternate realities, just this one. Sometimes an event is inevitable no matter how hard you try to avoid it.

There are no alternate realities, just this one.

How do you know that?

Sometimes an event is inevitable no matter how hard you try to avoid it.

Why aren't the lottery numbers the same every week?

Could it be because the conditions they enter the machine aren't the same each time and we then get different outcomes each week? Yes, yes it is and in a similar way a cup draw will be different each time if starting from a different start point of events.

Edited by Matthew Le God

I've given you an answer.

No. All you've done is state how it affected you, in your bizarre FM world, and the rest of us nut jobs on here. By your own reasoning, you personally, are responsible for Cortese leaving and ending the dream of your bigger stadium and concert venue. Shame on you!

How did it affect Rob and Ollie Lee to make them alter the draw?

Maybe there is an alternative reality where Saints are playing regular Champions League football in a 60,000 stadium funded by fans paying a tenner to get in and all buying a hotdog each.

All it takes is for Rob Lee's son to step on a twig. Or something.

No. All you've done is state how it affected you, in your bizarre FM world, and the rest of us nut jobs on here. By your own reasoning, you personally, are responsible for Cortese leaving and ending the dream of your bigger stadium and concert venue. Shame on you!

How did it affect Rob and Ollie Lee to make them alter the draw?

I've answered it, its just you don't understand chaos theory and the butterfly effect. Read a book perhaps? Pay attention in maths lessons?

Lets say Rob Lee on hearing of Rickie Lambert's hatrick yesterday then had a conversation about it with someone, that then effects the rest of his evening because he misses the call from his wife asking him to pick up some milk on the way home. He then has an argument with his wife and sleeps on the sofa that night. He misses his alarm and is late for the Cup draw, he then puts the balls in differently and picks them out differently to how he would have if Sunderland had won the game.

But it doesn't even have to be just Rob Lee, the same is happening to other people and their lives are changed by Saints either winning or losing, this then impacts on the people they interact with, it then impacts on the people they interact with and so on and so on. This could then effect the day of the person that sets up the draw before Rob Lee turns up and if the balls are put in the bag differently then the outcome will be different.

Jesus christ.

I know I'm persisting with it more than most people would bother, but I don't see why people aren't able to grasp it. At its heart it is a relatively simple concept accepted by the scientific and mathematic academic community, yet flys over the heads of some people on this forum.

I know I'm persisting with it more than most people would bother, but I don't see why people aren't able to grasp it. At its heart it is a relatively simple concept accepted by the scientific and mathematic academic community, yet flys over the heads of some people on this forum.

It's not accepted!!!

I've answered it, its just you don't understand chaos theory and the butterfly effect. Read a book perhaps? Pay attention in maths lessons?

Lets say Rob Lee on hearing of Rickie Lambert's hatrick yesterday then had a conversation about it with someone, that then effects the rest of his evening because he misses the call from his wife asking him to pick up some milk on the way home. He then has an argument with his wife and sleeps on the sofa that night. He misses his alarm and is late for the Cup draw, he then puts the balls in differently and picks them out differently to how he would have if Sunderland had won the game.

But it doesn't even have to be just Rob Lee, the same is happening to other people and their lives are changed by Saints either winning or losing, this then impacts on the people they interact with, it then impacts on the people they interact with and so on and so on. This could then effect the day of the person that sets up the draw before Rob Lee turns up and if the balls are put in the bag differently then the outcome will be different.

You see, this disproves your theory. Nobody's lives are affected by Saints winning or losing. Nobody who matters anyway.

Lets say Rob Lee on hearing of Rickie Lambert's hayrick yesterday then had a conversation about it with someone, that then effects the rest of his evening because he misses the call from his wife asking him to pick up some milk on the way home. He then has an argument with his wife and sleeps on the sofa that night. He misses his alarm and is late for the Cup draw, he then puts the balls in differently and picks them out differently to how he would have if Sunderland had won the game.

FU CK OFF YOU CONDESCENDING PR ICK.

I passed maths o' level aged 14. Additional maths o' level at 15 and got A level. Ive probably read far more books than you whilst you are stuck playing your made up computer games.

Its a bloo dy theory and like the rest of your sad life, it is fiction.

FU CK OFF YOU CONDESCENDING PR ICK.

I passed maths o' level aged 14. Additional maths o' level at 15 and got A level. Ive probably read far more books than you whilst you are stuck playing your made up computer games.

Its a bloo dy theory and like the rest of your sad life, it is fiction.

You have a common misunderstanding of what a "theory" is, its not a guess that you can easily dismiss. A theory in science is the best answer given all of the available current evidence. The theory of gravity and theory of evolution aren't guesses, they are the best explanation given the current evidence in the academic community.

A bullet can either hit or miss. If your grandfather was killed aged 20 in a war, it is impossible for you to be born, have kids and for those kids to interact with people. One alternative is the bullet misses, you are born and have kids.

It isn't a guess that is the case, I don't see how you can construct a counter to it and you have failed to do so up until this point.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Then why is it taught in every major university maths department in the world?

As an example of a flawed theory. When I was at school we were taught the phlogiston theory and also that life was created from rotten meat because that's where flies came from.

You have a common misunderstanding of what a "theory" is, its not a guess that you can easily dismiss. A theory in science is the best answer given all of the available current evidence. The theory of gravity and theory of evolution aren't guesses!

A bullet can either hit or miss. If your grandfather was killed aged 20 in a war, it is impossible for you to be born, have kids and for those kids to interact with people. One alternative is the bullet misses, you are born and have kids.

It isn't a guess that is the case, I don't see how you can construct a counter to it and you have failed to do so up until this point.

These are all 'what ifs'. You can think of life as one big experiment with only one outcome, you can't go back and run the experiment again. There have been studies of identical twins who were separated at a very early age. It turned out that they all ended up in similar lifestyles.

As an example of a flawed theory. When I was at school we were taught the phlogiston theory and also that life was created from rotten meat because that's where flies came from.

You said it "wasn't accepted", I've told you it is taught in every major university maths department in the world. Does that not show it is accepted?

You haven't raised any flaws in chaos theory or the butterfly effect. Why not?

These are all 'what ifs'. You can think of life as one big experiment with only one outcome, you can't go back and run the experiment again. There have been studies of identical twins who were separated at a very early age. It turned out that they all ended up in similar lifestyles.

We are discussing differences of the draw outcome if Saints won or lost, so of course it is a "what if" situation.

You have still failed to offer anything remotely close to dismissing chaos theory and the butterfly effect.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Being allocated the same number as Sunderland doesn't matter. Saints losing to Sunderland would have knock effects. People's lives would have been altered had Saints won yesterday, including those making the draw. Which would lead them to putting the balls in differently, stirring them differently and picking them out differently.

Is this a David Icke theory ?