When.....?

miserableoldgit

The ignore button is your friend on this place. I enjoy Turkish posting here, he may have a different opinion from most of us some of the time, but that's a good thing and opens debates that can actually progress somewhere, unlike certain others who form an opinion and do nothing but force it down your throat, usually accompanied by unnecessary emoticons and stupid pictures from Google images (most recently of monkeys).

Current ignore list:

110_Persaint

Barry Sanchez

Glasgow_Saint (who, by the way, added me as a friend within about 2 minutes of me registering)

shurlock (can't quite remember why, but must've got there for a reason)

I find this greatly improves the experience on this forum.

To great degree I agree with you. My problem is that virtually every thread gets hijacked by these characters and their egos. I can put up with and often enjoy characters like Bearsy , Dalek and even Alpine, who is also a "miserableoldgit" but, I think, pretty genuine. It's the posters with their know-it-all negativity that do my head in. They all keep on about "opinions" but are so unbending with theirs. At least when 19C was here it was basically just him!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

;)To be to fair Turkish in the main adds to the forum, he is more subtle. GS to my mind is out to upset the whole board and needs to be culled. His peddling of rumours that are out to upset the club and fans on here are becoming tiresome.

his agenda is anti Saints in any form possible.

Try not to let some stop you posting. There are quite a few who have different views to me but in the main they are valid posters and I have no objection, however annoying they might be (they are always wrong of course.) GS needs to be reined in a bit.

Some people take this forum far too seriously.

For me it's not about taking it seriously. I have always come on here for a bit of light relief, to discuss all things Saints and just occasionally to get news. I am just sad that my enjoyment has been spoilt by a few egotists who seem to think that people here are hanging on their every word. Would my life change if I never came on here again? Probably not, but I would much rather come on here, listen to and exchange genuine opinions with like minded people rather than buff up the egos of the few that are taking it seriously for the wrong reasons.

Can we just skip to the bit when people say that me and bear are ok? I like this bit. It is usually after the accusations on Turks and just before the hang GS he is a witch bit. Thanks

You and bear are ok. Turks I as a *insert accusation* and GS is a witch! Hang him!

For the record, I think Turks is a good poster on here and I don't think GS is all that bad really, despite his dark witchcraft. He added me as a friend so can't be that horrid :-)

For me it's not about taking it seriously. I have always come on here for a bit of light relief, to discuss all things Saints and just occasionally to get news. I am just sad that my enjoyment has been spoilt by a few egotists who seem to think that people here are hanging on their every word. Would my life change if I never came on here again? Probably not, but I would much rather come on here, listen to and exchange genuine opinions with like minded people rather than buff up the egos of the few that are taking it seriously for the wrong reasons.

Anyone that gets wound up and thinks a forum is "ruined" by a few other posters is taking it too seriously, even more one that starts a new thread on it. There is plenty of football discussion on here, same as pretty much any forum.

You miss the point of a forum, if you think you love Southampton Football Club more than me for agreeing with all the policies they have I suggest Sir you think again.

Glasgow you are one of beacons on here who are not afraid of airing their opinions right or wrong, your thoughts are valued far more than most.

Thank you mate, means alot. Ive recieved loads of PMs from posters/ friends over the last few days.... All say the same thing. "Thank you" or "Please post more"

Problem is some of my 316 supporters are so scared of Olallana, Shurlock and Oldnick that they cant defent me on the forum.

Its mafia rule on here lately and im just standing up to the big bad bullies... Im just a normal guy not a hero.... Just doing what i can

Thank you mate, means alot. Ive recieved loads of PMs from posters/ friends over the last few days.... All say the same thing. "Thank you" or "Please post more"

Problem is some of my 316 supporters are so scared of Olallana, Shurlock and Oldnick that they cant defent me on the forum.

Its mafia rule on here lately and im just standing up to the big bad bullies... Im just a normal guy not a hero.... Just doing what i can

You are the Che Guevara of mongboard Glasgow.

You miss the point of a forum, if you think you love Southampton Football Club more than me for agreeing with all the policies they have I suggest Sir you think again.

At no point have I suggested that I love Saints more than you. As I have said any number of times, praise when due, criticise when due. I am always pleased to debate anything with anybody. I am quite happy to have my view changed by a persuasive argument. I just find your continual know it all negative persona incredibly tiresome

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

apescaesar__span.jpg

When is somebody going to do something to get this forum back on track? I have, over the years, spent a lot of (probably too much) time on this place enjoying the cut and thrust of debate, and picking up a great deal of news. Sadly it seems to have been taken over by a number of "characters" who seem to get off by spouting their views as fact and dismissing others as bedwetters, wristslitters, happy clappers or whatever. BS, who is a cross between Eeyore and Marvin the Paranoid Android, GS, Turkish and a few others seem to think that TSW exsists just for their pleasure and if anyone disagrees with them, then they are ridiculed. I realise that I am going to take flack for this, but do you know what - I don't care. I am just sad that what used to be an enjoyable experience has become so rotten.

I agree with you. It's not just that they invariably adopt a knee-jerk negative attitude to so many things about the Club, but that they feel it's OK to dominate most of the threads. On and on and on. Back and forth. On and on and on. The same handful of posters. All day; every day.

Let the forum breathe. Let others have more of a say. Stop trying to dominate. Consider why these complaints keep coming up again and again.

Well I didn't get a PM from Glasgow but I enjoy reading most of his posts. I also enjoy

most of Alpines as well.

I used to like to read always sensible posts from Weston Saint, Ponty, St Landrew and Eastleigh Soul Boy but

alas they hardly post these days or so it seems.

I won't name the couple or so who get on my nerves because that is my problem not theirs. I don't have

anyone on ignore.