So finishing above Man U is more important than silverware?

Fitzhugh Fella

fine if you believe it but rarely seen a more depressing post on here. and that's saying something.

I can imagine it would be depressing for someone who has invested a lot of emotional energy into deluding themselves that a day out and a piece of silverware is a fantastic achievement. However, it is clearly a delusion. The facts are clear, it's just a few wins strung together against mainly second rate opposition. To suggest that Wigans victory in the cup last season is a more impressive achievement then an 8th place finish in the top league, 38 relentless hard fought games, played over the course of a whole season for huge rewards, is in my eyes a massive insult to the team.

Cups are second rate competitions.

Portsmouth's route to the 2008 FA cup final

Ipswich

Plymouth

Preston

Manchester United

West Brom

Cardiff

Southampton's route to 1976 FA cup final

Villa

Blackpool

West Brom

Bradford

Crystal Palace

Manchester United

Wigan's route to the 2013 FA cup final

Bournemouth

Macclesfield

Huddersfield

Everton

Milwall

Manchester City

Piece of silverware, big deal. Great day out for a few braindead morons.

8th in the premier league is a far more impressive achievement.

When was the last time Saints reached the FA Cup final and when was the last time Saints finished 8th in the premier league?

I can imagine it would be depressing for someone who has invested a lot of emotional energy into deluding themselves that a day out and a piece of silverware is a fantastic achievement. However, it is clearly a delusion. The facts are clear, it's just a few wins strung together against mainly second rate opposition. To suggest that Wigans victory in the cup last season is a more impressive achievement then an 8th place finish in the top league, 38 relentless hard fought games, played over the course of a whole season for huge rewards, is in my eyes a massive insult to the team.
:lol: Good effort at getting some bites on here :facepalm:

Your first effort was better.....