Guly a Gonner?

Delboy Dave

Bit of a cult hero really. You always have players during an era who aren't brilliant....but are still really popular, and Guly is one of those.

He's not an amazing player, but he's made a terrific contribution to us over the last 3-4 years. 100 apps now for us, which says it all. He's a good lad and is well liked around the place, would be sad to see him leave, but hope he manages to get a club over in Brazil. He definitely deserves a fitting send off in the Man Utd game.

It would be the right decision, but appreciation for his contributions in the past four seasons should flow generously.

Quite right and so we should.

Looking back at his You Tube video, you can see that when he was on top form ( the first half of the Championship promotion season) he played like a real Brazilian and made it all look ..SO EASY !

He got to double figures by mid January and was near enough upto Rickie's tally. Sadly , like many strikers his form went off a bit, then Billy Sharp arrived (and outscored Rickie) and helped secure promotion.

Guly was not the only player to find the move up to the Prem. a bit beyond him, but he gave us some lasting memories before he fading into the background, and at 32 he doesn't come near RL nowadays.

He mentioned (in an interview last year) perhaps moving back to Brazil to finish off his career? ...maybe so ..... Good luck to him.

Edited by david in sweden

To many players had a off day but you can see the lynch mob mentality from the usual suspects.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Yawn......the Guly apologists line up to be counted.

He is one of the worst players in the P.L.

Starting him vs Sunderland was like playing with ten men.

He can't complete a pass of more than 5 yards to someone in a Saints shirt.

He can't head the ball

He won't tackle.

He can't shoot.

He can't score.

He jogs around like it's a Sunday stroll.

I'm sure he's a nice lad, but the fact is he's being paid to be a footballer, and sadly, that task is well beyond him.

He can't head the ball

He won't tackle.

He can't shoot.

He can't score.

I'm sure he's a nice lad, but the fact is he's being paid to be a footballer, and sadly, that task is well beyond him.

Being an apologist for players who perform poorly on a constant basis is a Southampton tradition. You've only to mention that Davis is garbage or Guly or Jos or even Lambert and someone will jump on you quoting performances from a wet night at Dagenham or Stevenage at sometime back in the dark ages. We're no longer in League 1 or the NPC and we need players who are PL standard every last one of them. If we continue carrying the junk forward for sentimental reasons results like yesterday's will just keep on happening. I want new players, internationals every one if possible and I certainly don't want any more money wasted on Guly Do Prados and Kelvin Daviss.

He can't head the ball

He won't tackle.

He can't shoot.

He can't score.

Yeah, but that still made him 100,000% better than Forecast or Pulis or Jonho Quick in recent years

Yeah, but that still made him 100,000% better than Forecast or Pulis or Jonho Quick in recent years

but they don't get trotted out in important games though do they. Guly has been with us what 4 years, I feel that he has been handsomely rewarded for the little that he has produced, sums far beyond the totality paid to all the others no doubt.

Past it but there's just nothing else because our youth policy is flawed somewhere along the line.