Hull v Saints - Match Thread

Batman

Frustrating game so far, easily the better side, but let down by Rickie in that first half. Usually so reliable in those areas (he keeps killing our attacks by giving the ball away too, again, very unlike him).

Cork and Morgan have been pretty solid, Rodriguez hit and miss. But we're the better side, it's been a good half, but you just worry we haven't scored when we needed to.

Hull are easily a stronger side now, what with the substitution of Mcshane, which is a bit disappointing.

Still getting over that miss from Lambert. My girlfriend's vagina would have scored that.

I assumed it went in (on my dodgy stream) as the ball bounced back onto the pitch.

quickly realised he fluffed it and it hit the pole behind the goal

you have to put those away really

A bit disappointing but overall we controlled everything pretty well. Rickie has missed a couple of sitters and has subsequently been trying for the wonderpass to make up for it, but has been giving it away. I like the way we keep possession but it could do with being a little more rapid at times. When we counter attack lets fully commit to it, after all we are leaving pretty much 2 V 2 at the back anyway. I want to see them charging up the field in numbers!!!

Poch will sort it out at half-time, and we will be rampant.

We need to be. We have the ability and fitness to ramp it up on this level so far. Really would like to see Gaston back with a run in the team without a lot of pressure on I think he would be the player to mix things around a bit.

Davis dropping much deeper than usual.

Really disappointed that we are not shooting more from outside the area instead of the forced killer ball. Rodriguez's shot was a prime example. Harper is 40, time to challenge his shot stopping.

Frustrating game so far, easily the better side, but let down by Rickie in that first half. Usually so reliable in those areas (he keeps killing our attacks by giving the ball away too, again, very unlike him).

Cork and Morgan have been pretty solid, Rodriguez hit and miss. But we're the better side, it's been a good half, but you just worry we haven't scored when we needed to.

Hull are easily a stronger side now, what with the substitution of Mcshane, which is a bit disappointing.

He's done a lot if good things, if anyone has killed attacks so far it's lallana.

It's games like tonight whereby it would be nice to be able to change it....Hull are playing well, closing and pressing hard. It's almost impossible for us to play though the middle, but we just have no real width tonight - Chambers hasn't been able to get in the game on the right.