Boruc

Huffton

His kicking never has been great in his career. Add in the leg problem and it's shocking. He should be rested but total lack of quality in goalkeeping department means he plays. Needs to be someone half decent brought in summer cause clearly him playing injured is better than current back up.

He had bother with that leg at fiorentina and same thing happened with kicking till it healed. Was atrocious.

Blokes behind me cheered when Norwich scored (they had 3-1 at the bookies). LOLS when it went to 3-2. Bellends.

Why would they be bellends?

cruising a to a win, a chance of few quid in the mix, what's so bad about that?

you call them bell ends but laugh when it gets to 3-2.... That makes a lot of sense!

I strongly disagree that we need someone just to challenge him, if the squad is to improve then we should be looking to bring in better than existing. IF we have £ then I can't believe we can't improve on Boruc.

Massive supposition but it felt like he was annoyed at being told at half time to play it short, so to prove a point played the worst short passes imaginable

bloke was on one leg, the longer the game went on the worse it probably got. Davis is injured and Gazzaniga is a non-starter

evidently so we'll just have to put up with some duff kicking for a while.

Well he's been impressive this season and they will probably go down so it will be tough for them to keep him.

Ok, fair point, although depending on how much they are looking for I wonder if we might do better, possibly on the continent.

Then again, I expect Marshall would be better value, and proven in the Prem rather than the ludicrous money Celtic would expect for Forster.

Edited by Badger

This is definately an area that Saints need to strengthen in during the summer. Artur has been great for us overall but at the moment he'd be on the sidelines injured if we had a component replacement/competition at PL level. Kelvin does a decent job v the lower and mid-table sides but I'd see him as a third choice these days combining coaching and playing. He has been exposed too often against the top teams. Gazza isn't even good enough for first choice, despite what Reed said I'd loan him out to L1 next season and see if a whole season somewhere improves him and matures him. He actually went backwards this season which I didn't think was possible. Saints were hardly the only big club watching him, Everton and many others were looking at him regularly so he's got to have something but his confidence needs rebuilding with first team football.

In terms of who we should bring in, I'm less sure. Kasper Schmichael won't be leaving Leicester as they will go up and he's been the outstanding keeper at that level. Marshall at Cardiff is a good shot shopper but less sure on his catching and IIRC he had a shocker when Norwich were relegated to L1. Cardiff would want big money and I'm not sure he's worth it. Stekelenburg at Fulham is a better bet but again, Fulham might want quite a lot. Speroni if Palace go down? Good but similar level to Boruc. Forster at Celtic has done well in the CL but would be a gamble for the money we'd have to pay out. Begovic at Stoke will go for megabucks and probably to somewhere in the CL.

His kicking never has been great in his career. Add in the leg problem and it's shocking. He should be rested but total lack of quality in goalkeeping department means he plays.

Needs to be someone half decent brought in summer cause clearly him playing injured is better than current back up.

He had bother with that leg at fiorentina and same thing happened with kicking till it healed. Was atrocious.

good points well made Irene.

In our Championship season, I noted that the majority of Prem.sides had AT LEAST two international keepers, and a few of them THREE, and was waiting for us to sign at least ONE extra keeper. Nothing !

Nigel Adkins' mistakes were in trusting KD to be his Prem. no.1 keeper ..AND then signing Gazzaniga as his back-up. I read somewhere on here that Cortese's "committee" insisted we sign Boruc as back-up.

What a good start we had to this season. Great perfromances from Boruc, but still no quality back-up in the event of injury...and guess what ?.... He got injured at Chelsea.

We got KD and Gazza again..... and would have been in the " drop zone" like last season had it not been for the points cushion of that great 11 game start.

He's clearly carrying some sort of injury (a heavily-strapped thigh was apparant in the Norwich game) and that must account for all the frightening short-backpasses and erratic kick-outs. He didn't look happy.

Whatever happens - the keeper situation must be resolved in the summer. I'd keep Boruc but we must have a second quality keeper.

Saints have EIGHT keepers, aside from Boruc and KD ....the eldest is 22....it'll take time before (if ever) before any of them reaches anything like Prem. standard...and especially if we are talking Euro football.

Edited by david in sweden

good points well made Irene.

In our Championship season, I noted that the majority of Prem.sides had AT LEAST two international keepers, and a few of them THREE, and was waiting for us to sign at least ONE extra keeper. Nothing !

Nigel Adkins' mistakes were in trusting KD to be his Prem. no.1 keeper ..AND then signing Gazzaniga as his back-up. I read somewhere on here that Cortese's "committee" insisted we sign Boruc as back-up.

What a good start we had to this season. Great perfromances from Boruc, but still no quality back-up in the event of injury...and guess what ?.... He got injured at Chelsea.

We got KD and Gazza again..... and would have been in the " drop zone" like last season had it not been for the points cushion of that great 11 game start.

He's clearly carrying some sort of injury (a heavily-strapped thigh was apparant in the Norwich game) and that must account for all the frightening short-backpasses and erratic kick-outs. He didn't look happy.

Whatever happens - the keeper situation must be resolved in the summer. I'd keep Boruc but we must have a second quality keeper.

Saints have EIGHT keepers, aside from Boruc and KD ....the eldest is 22....it'll take time before (if ever) before any of them reaches anything like Prem. standard...and especially if we are talking Euro football.

He's had problems for weeks and in rcent weeks the strapping is getting more and more. He needs to recover to be back on top form but not going to happen with current back up unless he physically cant move with it. It is about getting him to end of season

Over the last six games, Boruc has been the 5th best keeper in the Prem.

Morgan Schneiderlin has been the third best midfielder and 5th best player overall over the last six games too.

This is all according to Power Rankings, by Kickdex, however.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2582582/Does-Gerrard-spot-Power-Rankings-Or-Hazard-Sturridge-Premier-Leagues-form-player.html

Make of it what you will.

He's had problems for weeks and in rcent weeks the strapping is getting more and more. He needs to recover to be back on top form but not going to happen with current back up unless he physically cant move with it. It is about getting him to end of season

Thanks for the update Artur, keep a clean sheet today and good luck :)

Good keeper but definitely needs some real competition. As soon as Artur is out we are in trouble.

Would love to see someone of the calibre of Begovic or Schmeichel here and let the two of them scrap it out for top spot. Probably wouldn't happen though as both would be good enough for 1st team places in their own right.