ahead of

Howard

Hart

Pantilimon

Courtois

Szczesny

Krul

no chance imho

Think if you asked Norwich, Villa, Cardiff and Sunderland fans - doubt they'd swap there GKs for Boruc either.

If Boruc wasn't our keeper you wouldn't rate him as highly - again imho

Opinions are like A****holes, everyone's got one.

if you see my previous post on the thread I think he adds a lot more to the defence and the team.

ahead of

Howard

Hart

Pantilimon

Courtois

Szczesny

Krul

no chance imho

Think if you asked Norwich, Villa, Cardiff and Sunderland fans - doubt they'd swap there GKs for Boruc either.

If Boruc wasn't our keeper you wouldn't rate him as highly - again imho

also worth noting I wouldn't swap Boruc for ANY of those.

This is getting f**king ridiculous, do Chelsea fans create dedicated topics on their forums when Cech makes a mistake? Do United fans create a dedicated topic on their forum when De Gea makes a mistake.

Jesus christ this is getting absolutely mental, when Begovic (arguably one of the best keepers in the league) can make a 'howler' today Boruc can do.

this.

Jesus, some of you need to take the blinkers off. The ball comes across his six yard box low enougn thst Crouch has to bend double to reach it, and he still beats him. You can argue all you want about poor markinh and I would agree with you, but the fact is as the forum experts alway s tell us anything at a good height in or around the six yard box is the keepers.

If it had been Kelvin Davis this place would be in meltdwn calling for him to be publicly hung drawn and quartered!

Jesus, some of you neer to take the blinkers off. The ball comes across his six yard box low enougn thst Crouch has to bend double to reach it, and he still beats him. 6ou can argue all you want about poor markinh and I would agree with you, but the fact is as the forum experts alway s tell us anything at a good height in or around the six yard box is the keepers.

If it had been Kelvin Davis this place would be in meltdwn calling for him to be publicly hung drawn and quartered!

who let crouch stroll ahead of him from a standing start?

Jesus, some of you need to take the blinkers off. The ball comes across his six yard box low enougn thst Crouch has to bend double to reach it, and he still beats him. You can argue all you want about poor markinh and I would agree with you, but the fact is as the forum experts alway s tell us anything at a good height in or around the six yard box is the keepers.

So this weeks sacrificial lamb is boruc .

Place your bets now for next weeks blame a saints player unique mong board competition.

The only web forum where the knowledgeable few look to shaft a saints player

I think the criticism is justified. Even the very best goalkeepers make the odd mistake in a season (as Begovic did yesterday) but good goalkeepers limit it to 2 or 3 a season. Boruc has made 4 or 5 already in the 18 games he's played in. By the end of the season that will probably be 7 or 8. Not good enough for a top half premier league keeper and unfortunately i think his likeable character is clouding the judgement of him as a keeper

I think the criticism is justified. Even the very best goalkeepers make the odd mistake in a season (as Begovic did yesterday) but good goalkeepers limit it to 2 or 3 a season. Boruc has made 4 or 5 already in the 18 games he's played in. By the end of the season that will probably be 7 or 8. Not good enough for a top half premier league keeper and unfortunately i think his likeable character is clouding the judgement of him as a keeper

4 or 5? I make it 2, maybe 3 if you're being harsh and include stoke. Where did the other 2/3 occur?

i still believe AB is the best keeper at the club at this time, but I also do agree that had KD given that performance yesterday he would have been slaughtered on here. I only saw the highlights but all the qualities I have been told AB is supposed to be great at above KD were certainly lacking yesterday. His kicking was pathetic, and even for the first goal he certainly was a bit far out and went down too soon. The second was a scramble, and not only his fault (although on Solent they were saying it was his mistake) As for GS list, I can't believe some would prefer AB to Hart. If we think AB is better than Hart then we really are as deluded as those lot down the coast

4 or 5? I make it 2, maybe 3 if you're being harsh and include stoke. Where did the other 2/3 occur?

Begovic v Stoke

Crouch yesterday (if kelvin or gazza had flapped like that without making contact with the ball this forum would have been crucifying them)

Giroud v Arsenal

Johnson v Sunderland

Also think it's interesting that at work today speaking with fans of other clubs they have all commented that they thought it was poor keeping for the first Sunderland goal (Borini) 2 weeks ago and the first goal yesterday, but those 4 at least were down to him. And there's still 11 games of the league season left...

He's obviously miles ahead of Kelvin and Gazzaniga but bringing in some serious competition for him this summer is a must for me if we want to push for top 6 next season

Begovic v Stoke

Crouch yesterday (if kelvin or gazza had flapped like that without making contact with the ball this forum would have been crucifying them)

Giroud v Arsenal

Johnson v Sunderland

Also think it's interesting that at work today speaking with fans of other clubs they have all commented that they thought it was poor keeping for the first Sunderland goal (Borini) 2 weeks ago and the first goal yesterday, but those 4 at least were down to him. And there's still 11 games of the league season left...

He's obviously miles ahead of Kelvin and Gazzaniga but bringing in some serious competition for him this summer is a must for me if we want to push for top 6 next season

what we could do, is replace him with begovic

Boruc also was influential in earning us points this season, with numerous saves against Swansea, Liverpool, the three at Fulham just a couple of weeks ago +others. Can think of more times where he's pulled off worldy saves (ie Van Persie header last season) than major cock ups (Arsenal away).

what we could do, is replace him with begovic

He will cost big money and not sure he would be jumping at the chance of joining us, he probably is looking for one of the big boys before he moves.

Boruc has been great for us on a free transfer and it would cost decent money to replace him and without knowing how much we have to spend this summer it's difficult to name possible replacements. But if we want to improve as a team then it's one of the positions we have to look at this summer

He will cost big money and not sure he would be jumping at the chance of joining us, he probably is looking for one of the big boys before he moves.

Boruc has been great for us on a free transfer and it would cost decent money to replace him and without knowing how much we have to spend this summer it's difficult to name possible replacements. But if we want to improve as a team then it's one of the positions we have to look at this summer

he also let in a complete howler yesterady.

the goal he let in at Stoke for rodriguez was also very poor.

getting lobbed from a header into the ground...ffs

he also let in a complete howler yesterady.

the goal he let in at Stoke for rodriguez was also very poor.

getting lobbed from a header into the ground...ffs

What, the one that should have comfortably sailed over the bar but got caught in that freakishly strong wind? Yeah, how **** is that, I mean, who would have thought a prem keeper would get caught out by the wind? Oh...

What, the one that should have comfortably sailed over the bar but got caught in that freakishly strong wind? Yeah, how **** is that, I mean, who would have thought a prem keeper would get caught out by the wind? Oh...

so, what are you saying. better keepers let in absolute howlers?

Of course they do, hazard of the job, but top keepers also stop stuff like Boruc didn't yesterday and against Sunderland. And Ive yet to see one try to turn a striker three times. And most of them can kick a ball and keep it on the pitch at least somewhere near a team mate.

Like I said, I don't think Boruc is a bad keeper, and he's the best we have at the moment, but he isn't good enough if we seriously want to move 'to the next level', whatever that is. If the owners are happy being a midtable club, then he's adequate. If not, we need better.

It's true that Crouch wasn't adequately marked, but come on, it's straight into the heart of the 6-yard box. Boruc was very slow to react, reacted badly (seems to just dive out rather than meet the flight of the ball) and it does seem like it came off him.

That's how I saw it.

i still believe AB is the best keeper at the club at this time,

Agreed, but that is the problem. Yes, we can recall some superb stops, but he is erratic and just as likely to make a howler.

Begovic v Stoke

Giroud v Arsenal

Johnson v Sunderland

I thought the Begovic goal was just a fluke in the conditions and don't blame him for that, but the other three are down to him, and you might also add his share along with VW for fartarsing around for Hull to score against us, although this was not critical to the outcome of the match.

I have been of the view that we should have been looking to bring in a top GK for two years (when at the top of the NPC ,Jan 2012 window) but it has passed us by.Definitely an area to improve on.

So, just to clarify, whenever Boruc has a good game he's the best thing since sliced bread and when he doesn't have a good game he's one of the worst keepers in the league?Difficult to keep up with this football punditry malarkey sometimes
Mongboardry at it finest, amalgamating different voices into one 'forum voice', it doesn't exist. There are hundreds of people on here that have a range of opinions and their opinions don't sway as easily as you suggest.

so, what are you saying. better keepers let in absolute howlers?

Joe Hart is going to be the England #1 at the upcoming World Cup, and he's made some terrible mistakes this season. If you can show me a goalkeeper who's never made a mistake that cost his team points at this level, I will be astounded. Fact is, Boruc has saved us more points than he's cost us since his time here, and he doesn't deserve to catch a load of sh!t over a set-piece goal that his defenders didn't exactly do well over either.

Bring back Paul Jones I say!

Joe Hart is going to be the England #1 at the upcoming World Cup, and he's made some terrible mistakes this season. If you can show me a goalkeeper who's never made a mistake that cost his team points at this level, I will be astounded. Fact is, Boruc has saved us more points than he's cost us since his time here, and he doesn't deserve to catch a load of sh!t over a set-piece goal that his defenders didn't exactly do well over either.

Bring back Paul Jones I say!

I think what grates Hufton, it does me, when AB makes an error and poor distribution it is glossed over . When KD did the same thing he was slated. AB has played a handful of games compared to Kelvin, and as yet has not shown the commitment and loyalty that KD has, but is being given far more slack. I doubt many of our players would have turned down the offer KD hadfrom WHU when we were L1 . That decision was a major reason why we are where we are now.

Thought he should have done better for both goals. Made it really easy for Odemwingie to side foot past him from 20 yards because he came rushing out for a ball he was never going to get and caught in no mans land. Second was in an area he should be dominating.

Just a bad day, last week he kept us in the game.

I think what grates Hufton, it does me, when AB makes an error and poor distribution it is glossed over . When KD did the same thing he was slated. AB has played a handful of games compared to Kelvin, and as yet has not shown the commitment and loyalty that KD has, but is being given far more slack. I doubt many of our players would have turned down the offer KD hadfrom WHU when we were L1 . That decision was a major reason why we are where we are now.

its not glossed over is it. hence this thread

why do you always revert back to KD

artur is miles ahead of him

Thought he should have done better for both goals. Made it really easy for Odemwingie to side foot past him from 20 yards because he came rushing out for a ball he was never going to get and caught in no mans land. Second was in an area he should be dominating.

Just a bad day, last week he kept us in the game.

He had to come rushing out and he did all he could. Put him off, made himself big and tried to block as much of the goal as he could. It was a good goal and a good finish from PO, the fault lies with Shaw for his poor positioning and the team in general for not putting pressure on Adam and allowing him to play a decent through ball unopposed. If Boruc had stayed rooted to his line it would have been easier for PO to just run him down and tap it into one of the corners from 10 yards.

You can't blame him for the corner either. It was a good corner, hit with pace at an excellent high for Crouch, who just got there a fraction of a second ahead of Artur. The blame lies with Fonte for not staying goal side and losing his man.

Maybe we should be grateful for having a great keeper? Everyone who thinks he should be replaced in summer might really regret wishing that. Yes he makes mistakes. But last week they would have gone in two nil down to Fulham at half time if not for him because he was about only player doing their job.

What keeper every week maybe couldn't do better when they concede?! It amuses me how one week half you lot think he is amazing and next week he needs replaced

Maybe we should be grateful for having a great keeper? Everyone who thinks he should be replaced in summer might really regret wishing that. Yes he makes mistakes. But last week they would have gone in two nil down to Fulham at half time if not for him because he was about only player doing their job.

What keeper every week maybe couldn't do better when they concede?! It amuses me how one week half you lot think he is amazing and next week he needs replaced

Absolutely this.

I swear he was second best player in last weeks poll? Didn't he make some awesome saves in the first half versus Fulham? Wasn't last weeks consensus that he was the reason that we were able to come out even after the first half and allow us to put on a spectacular show in the second half? - wonder who'll be in for a SaintsWeb'ing next week!

Maybe we should be grateful for having a great keeper? Everyone who thinks he should be replaced in summer might really regret wishing that.

Boruc needs competition..... KD and Gazzaniga are not going to inspire Boruc to improve.

Boruc wouldnt be 1st choice GK at many prem clubs, and that tells the story for me

Its only the fear of KD and Gazza playing that keeps Borucs rep so high on here

Begovic1.gif

2013%252520-%2525201.jpg

He had to come rushing out and he did all he could. Put him off, made himself big and tried to block as much of the goal as he could. It was a good goal and a good finish from PO, the fault lies with Shaw for his poor positioning and the team in general for not putting pressure on Adam and allowing him to play a decent through ball unopposed. If Boruc had stayed rooted to his line it would have been easier for PO to just run him down and tap it into one of the corners from 10 yards.

You can't blame him for the corner either. It was a good corner, hit with pace at an excellent high for Crouch, who just got there a fraction of a second ahead of Artur. The blame lies with Fonte for not staying goal side and losing his man.

i didn't say Shaw wasn't at fault. Boruc didn't have to come. Odemwingie was 20 yards out when he slid the ball in. It was poor judgement, by coming off his line and not making the ball he made it simple for them to score. If he held himself on the six yard box, Odemwingie would have had to do a lot more to beat him. Again for the second Fonte was at fault, but Boruc wasn't blameless either, he should be bossing his 6 yard box.

Mind you, some of the hysteria about him as laughable. He does a decent job for us most of the time, and makes mistakes like everyone else.

A. Pompeyfan discussing Exeter:

Apparently when Tisdale was held in god status there they gave him a rolling two year contract on 140/150k p.a. to maximise the compensation when the inevitable bigger club came in for him. Now they would like to sack him but cannot afford to do so, and none of the clubs that might like to take him (like us) cannot afford him either. Meanwhile they have had to go cap in hand to the supporters trust for a 30k loan just to keep going.

I hope they survive, a welcoming, well run club, and a model for fans ownership on a much smaller scale than ours.

To me this is a particularly telling example of Skate DoubleFink and tells you everything you need to know about the culture of their club. Apparently, Exeter are "a well-run club" and a "model for fans' ownership." This despite the fact they've put Tidsdale on a contract they can't afford, are nearly bust and are going to have to get the begging bowl out again.

Ring any Chimes? It's certainly a model I recognise, but not one I'd aspire to.

A. Pompeyfan discussing Exeter:

To me this is a particularly telling example of Skate DoubleFink and tells you everything you need to know about the culture of their club. Apparently, Exeter are "a well-run club" and a "model for fans' ownership." This despite the fact they've put Tidsdale on a contract they can't afford, are nearly bust and are going to have to get the begging bowl out again.

Ring any Chimes? It's certainly a model I recognise, but not one I'd aspire to.

OK Boruc should have done better but it's a bit much to blame him for the woes at Exeter and Poopey :lol:

Whenever I see that Giroud Boruc film........confirmation that he was pushed over..

Even the slightest touch....is still a foul and goal should have been disallowed..

Whatever is said about Boruc farting around with the ball...Giroud raises his arms and fouls Boruc.

If that had been up the other end or on Chelsea/Man Utd/Man City.........Lineker , Shearer and Co would have called foul.

Whatever our Goalkeeping exprts spout......Shiiiite half the time..BORUC is one of the best

I would not trade him for any other at this time.........

Boruc wouldnt be 1st choice GK at many prem clubs, and that tells the story for me

Says you. Who else? He is one of top keepers in prem. He isn't perfect but none of us are and yes he probably needs some decent competition but to suggest he isn't a number one goalie is ridiculous

Mongboardry at it finest, amalgamating different voices into one 'forum voice', it doesn't exist. There are hundreds of people on here that have a range of opinions and their opinions don't sway as easily as you suggest.

It's OK, I've removed my tongue from my cheek now.

No way begovic will come to saints after the abuse he got yesterday ! I wouldn't say other keepers are much better , he gets exposed a lot by our defense without lovren in to organize fonte and shaw. Yoshida is reckless and positionally very suspect which , when combined with shaws tendency to push on, gives us issues