do we have the most financial restrictions..?

Thedelldays

442 might mean we could be a couple of places higher too...

or, jan might have the nouse to mix it up and play 442 at different parts of the game/season..

but hey, LGTC and chez know best

I didn't say we WOULD be worse off, I said we might be worse off. Who knows. Besides I think you will find that I posted on here long before anyone else that we needed to play 4-4-2. Funnily enough I thought we needed to do it away from home. So yes, what do I know.

Er I thought Reading played 4-3-3???

Hunt - Doyle - Hunt??

Could be wrong...

you are infact...wrong of course.

coppell does change it at times during games but the system is pretty much 442...

noel hunt is a striker (who plays up top with doyle) and stephen hunt is a midfielder (usually plays left side)...cant remember who off the top of my head plays right side...might be kebe(sp)

Edited by Thedelldays

how many success stories are there in the CCC NOT playing 442...

it is not my fault that 442 is the most successful in the country and/or definately in this league...it is not my fault what so ever..but it is a fact...

over the last 10 years every team relegated from CCC has played 4-4-2;)

Of course they were all brought in to replace more expensive players, but you cannot argue that Jan has had the resources to build his own team. Paying Forecast's wages is a complete waste of money, dito Pulis and Gasmi - Jan chose to sign them when they were injured - is that a good use of resources? Smith - another complete waste of money. Scheiderlin - good player but for 1.5mill he hasn't done nearly enough. Holmes - looked OK but another player we knew was injury prone. Peckhart - waste of money. Wotton - could do a job but not suited to Jans style - waste of money.

We are not in a situation where we can waste any money, can you honestly tell me that bringing this lot in has been good management in our situation?

Of course they are all a waste of money :rolleyes: Forecast already explained previously but obviously difficult for you to obsolve, Pulis and Gasmi will only be paid when they become involved, Smith I would agree with, Scheiderlin is one of our better players and if you think not then you are clearly blind, I could go on but you are clearly on a wind up.

Of course they are all a waste of money :rolleyes: .... Pulis and Gasmi will only be paid when they become involved,

What ?????

How do you know that Pulis and Gasmi will only get paid when they play? Are you the wages clerk at SFC ???

Gasmi appeared on the pitch last week wearing a Saints shirt but he didn't get involved. Did he even touch the ball? Will he get paid?? :-)

If they are not getting paid what are they doing now? Claiming the dole? Begging the other players for odd jobs round their houses??

6. Legod Third Coming will post something banal, snide and jaded.

He will take more full pages to say that what is being done is the only thing that can be done, and we will find out whether is was good enough at the end of the season.

Bit like Woolies shareholders saying at the start of the year that Wollies Board are doing the only thing they can, and they won't know how big the divvie will be until after a nice busy Christmas. Oh.

He will take more full pages to say that what is being done is the only thing that can be done, and we will find out whether is was good enough at the end of the season.

Bit like Woolies shareholders saying at the start of the year that Wollies Board are doing the only thing they can, and they won't know how big the divvie will be until after a nice busy Christmas. Oh.

It's not the only thing that could be done. It is what is being done and yet people still persist on asking why something different cannot be done. It can, as soon as someone removes Rupert - yawn.

What I do, and will continue to do, is voice my opinion that the coach/manager is doing a good/reasonable job given the prevailing conditions - ie. playing with predominantly inexperienced pros who are learning on the job.

It is my opinion. Other people want to remove him. I think it's barmy. I know of one coach in the UK who has worked successfully with such a young squad - Dario Grady - I'm not sure how many others have worked with such a an inexperienced team? If you know, tell - for all the good it will do.

I am sure any other manager would want cash to bring in their own players. They're not going to get it.

I cannot see how changing the manager and not the Chairman will benefit us at all? But maybe Rupert will relent and bring in Davies and give him £5m to bring in Darren Moore, Steve Howard et al...

Woolies, I'm afraid was dead in the water years ago.

Most people knew it. But when banks were throwing around billions you could overlook the £358million a failing high street store was never going to repay. Oh and take down one of my mate's company in the process...

I'm bored of saying I have no feeling for Rupert either way. He's done some good things and some bad - but that doesn't fit the view of him as Satan I appreciate. He took us down but so did Ted and Lawrie and I have bags of time for both.

When someone else can show me a better alternative, great. I cannot wait. Until then, I refuse to waste my precious time on earth on pointless whimsy about how we should move forward and under whom.

If you think JP can be judged on 23 games bully for you. I happen to think he might need a season or two... but then I do have some patience and am a fatalist. Whatever happens this season, I will have highs and lows. I hope and pray that the highs outnumber the lows but I ain't losing any sleep over it.

Edited by Legod Third Coming

It's not the only thing that could be done. It is what is being done and yet people still persist on asking why something different cannot be done. It can, as soon as someone removes Rupert - yawn.

What I do, and will continue to do, is voice my opinion that the coach/manager is doing a good/reasonable job given the prevailing conditions - ie. playing with predominantly inexperienced pros who are learning on the job.

It is my opinion. Other people want to remove him. I think it's barmy. I know of one coach in the UK who has worked successfully with such a young squad - Dario Grady - I'm not sure how many others have worked with such a an inexperienced team? If you know, tell - for all the good it will do.

I am sure any other manager would want cash to bring in their own players. They're not going to get it.

I cannot see how changing the manager and not the Chairman will benefit us at all? But maybe Rupert will relent and bring in Davies and give him £5m to bring in Darren Moore, Steve Howard et al...

Woolies, I'm afraid was dead in the water years ago.

Most people knew it. But when banks were throwing around billions you could overlook the £358million a failing high street store was never going to repay. Oh and take down one of my mate's company in the process...

I'm bored of saying I have no feeling for Rupert either way. He's done some good things and some bad - but that doesn't fit the view of him as Satan I appreciate. He took us down but so did Ted and Lawrie and I have bags of time for both.

When someone else can show me a better alternative, great. I cannot wait. Until then, I refuse to waste my precious time on earth on pointless whimsy about how we should move forward and under whom.

If you think JP can be judged on 23 games bully for you. I happen to think he might need a season or two... but then I do have some patience and am a fatalist. Whatever happens this season, I will have highs and lows. I hope and pray that the highs outnumber the lows but I ain't losing any sleep over it.

So when we are 15 games from the end of the season and looking prime candidates for relegation, do you try something/someone else? Or when there are 12 games left? Or at Christmas in Div1? Or when crowds are down to 10k?

Will you still be asking fans to come up with the solutions then?

Come on, put your money where your mouth is - where do we have to be, and when, for you to accept that the trial has failed? You are sitting somewhat on the fence, saying you'd give him 1 OR 2 seasons.

My analogy with Woolies stands - everyone knew it was failing, yet no-one took any notice, and did nothing, your mate included.

Ah, but what was happening...was happening. No need to seek alternative professional opinion about other possible courses of action. Nah, just insist that the customers should be the ones to make all the suggestions.

So when we are 15 games from the end of the season and looking prime candidates for relegation, do you try something/someone else? Or when there are 12 games left? Or at Christmas in Div1? Or when crowds are down to 10k?

Will you still be asking fans to come up with the solutions then?

Come on, put your money where your mouth is - where do we have to be, and when, for you to accept that the trial has failed? You are sitting somewhat on the fence, saying you'd give him 1 OR 2 seasons.

My analogy with Woolies stands - everyone knew it was failing, yet no-one took any notice, and did nothing, your mate included.

Ah, but what was happening...was happening. No need to seek alternative professional opinion about other possible courses of action. Nah, just insist that the customers should be the ones to make all the suggestions.

You won't get a satisfactory answer from me, because I do not think the expirement is failing now. I think if this were an appraisal it would be satisfactory, nothing more, but nothing less. My point is that I expect things to improve with time both from the playing and coaching perspective. I also think that what's required is the ability to recall Stern John, not the changing of a structure/system and coaching team which has had 23 games to bed in.

As for Woolies, I'm afraid that it WAS failing to ask customers for suggestions that cost them their business.

Did they ever ask you why you didn't shop there any more? Nor me.

If they had - right now maybe they would have had a successful business.