Official Statement on Sam Gallagher

Saint-Armstrong

[Q UOTE=JRM;1877396]Very Sad, RIP,

He did score v Yeovil in the Cup so hopefully he got to see that.

Yea, he did. I was sat behind him. Because the tickets I use are quite often player tickets, I had the pleasure of sitting next to or near to him on a fair few occasions.

He was proud of Sam's development and clocked up thousands of miles following him. Although proud, he was not one to boast or shout loudly about Sam; indeed, it was only after the third or fourth time that we spoke at a match, that he said who he was - and that was only after it came up in conversation that I had brought the mad Uruguayan and Argentinian flag-waving group (Gastón & Gazzaniga's friends/family) that were in front of us at Cardiff on Boxing Day.

Lovely man. Shocked. R.I.P. big man.

I hope that in time, Sam can some how draw on this shattering time [ for his family] , have a wonderful career and be able to dedicate his career to his father. Just very,very sad times for the young man,I wish him all the best.

I think the club will be great over this as will all his team mates and work colleagues.

This is very sad new indeed, and to lose a parent at any age is very hard, but at his age it is very difficult. Saying this most players prefer to get back playing as soon as possible as it takes their minds off such tragic news.

All the best Sam our thoughts are with you.

Looks like a bit of thought has gone into the Matchday Magazine for tomorrows game... or it may just be coincidence, but Gallagher has the whole back cover to himself:

1902846_728257897187433_607949522_n.jpg

Nice touch if planned that way...

Looks like it is - down to the empty space next to him and the black border

As he wasn't on the bench this evening before the game he was put through his paces with a very intense running session and the coach taking the session (I think it was MoPo but someone may know otherwise) made sure he finished right in front of our fans and he then presented Gallagher to the fans who all applauded him very respectfully which he acknowledged. Then a chant started for him and he smiled - it was a nice moment.

Edited by Lallana's Left Peg

As it wasn't on the bench this evening before the game he was put through his paces with a very intense running session and the coach taking the session (I think it was MoPo but someone may know otherwise) made sure he finished right in front of our fans and he then presented Gallagher to the fans who all applauded him very respectfully which he acknowledged. Then a chant started for him and he smiled - it was a nice moment.

Did not see that on the live stream. It was a nice moment and thanks for posting that LLP.