MoPo to Madrid?

Bananaman

He did a great job for Espanyol under difficult circumstances until it went wrong in the last season. He is very well thought of in Spain

His profile as a manager in Spain really isnt better than mixed - especially since his successor at Espanyol did so much better than Pochettino, pulling them up from bottom to mid table with the same players and resources. I think this article about his history priort to Saints is very fair.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/maurico-pochettino-profile-the-lowdown-on-new-1543643

His profile as a manager in Spain really isnt better than mixed - especially since his successor at Espanyol did so much better than Pochettino, pulling them up from bottom to mid table with the same players and resources. I think this article about his history priort to Saints is very fair.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/maurico-pochettino-profile-the-lowdown-on-new-1543643

if Espanyol sell the players that are making it work for Aguirre, he'll presumably be in the same boat.

Maybe he plays a game that is cheaper to get right.

His first season wasn't as much of a turn around as Poch managed in his first, and Poch managed a high of 8th, which Aguirre is on course to fall short of this time.

if Espanyol sell the players that are making it work for Aguirre, he'll presumably be in the same boat.

His first season wasn't as much of a turn around as Poch managed in his first, and Poch managed a high of 8th, which Aguirre is on course to fall short of this time.

I'm not sure that you could play Pochettino tactics with any old players, as far as I can see if you haven't got the right type of player in midfield then the tactic will be a dismal failure. I've seen a few imitations of our style of late but they tend to crack after about an hour and then the result isn't pretty to watch.

Watching a stream of Newcastle away this season the commentator was talking about MP and said that Mourinho had recommended him to Real Madrid. Like most stuff on here it could be true or could be nonsense.

That was a couple of years ago, whilst MP was in spain.

I think thats key. Pochettino's tactics are essentially about disrupting the opposition and stopping them playing. Really they are tactics to enable weaker teams to compete with stronger ones by making up for less talent by expending more energy. Those tactics are a sound choice for clubs like Saints and Espanyol - but the top clubs have a different approach, they dictate the play. I can't see Real Madrid either wanting to play Pochettino's way, nor that approach getting the best out of the stellar players they have.

I think thats key. Pochettino's tactics are essentially about disrupting the opposition and stopping them playing. Really they are tactics to enable weaker teams to compete with stronger ones by making up for less talent by expending more energy. Those tactics are a sound choice for clubs like Saints and Espanyol - but the top clubs have a different approach, they dictate the play. I can't see Real Madrid either wanting to play Pochettino's way, nor that approach getting the best out of the stellar players they have.

You have seen our stats on possession I presume??

If and it is big if that MoPo was asked to take over at Real, as much as I would like him to stay, I could not have any ill feeling with him if he was to take the offer. It is one of the jobs in the game that any manager would dream of. Without doubt one of the top 5 clubs in Europe if not the world.

MPs tactics are similar to those of Barcelona and Atletico Madrid. We don't have the same calibre of player as yet but I would not say those teams are weak.. the energy expended by these teams is similar as being ultra fit is a pre-requisite to making the pressing system function successfully.

Our possession stats don't support your theory either.

it really isnt

What a load of cyber ****e

I have never read so much rubbish in my life.

The loppo kids in the class think I'm wrong. Thank Christ for that.

I see what you meant, and unlike some of the others Im not going to stand and chastise you for it, but I think personally the way we play means we need players not only with lots of energy and commitment but also they need to have a decent level of tactical and technical ability as essentially it is as much to do with ball retention as it is with winning the ball back quickly.

Its similar to tactics used by Bayern, Barca, Athletico etc Essentially its based on Bielsa but with some differences.

Would he suit Madrid ? He certainly would get them much more organised, but they essentially want to play attractive attacking football.

In short, he isnt ready for either yet, but if it were a choice between Barca or Madrid I think he would suit madrid more

Mmmm... but it's still a long way until the end of the season.

To paraphrase Harold Wilson ....(who didn't ACTUALLY say this ) ......." A week is a long time in football. " Something to consider more seriously in May, perhaps.