Good news from FA

NickG

Their comment is that because commentators and 80% of the media were on their side, they must be right.

Very dangerous attitude if you start to believe what your friends in the media say. would they produce MOTD footage as evidence? What a precedent that would be.

Could this mean any red card judged to be a mistake on MOTD should be overturned?

The whole idea is just ridiculous.

Aye, Flores was wrong to react the way he did, but even if he hadn't reacted at all, and Carroll had missed completely, it can still be interpreted as a red by today's rules.

Maybe it wouldn't have been given in the first place in that case, but since it was, the FA has no grounds to overturn it.

Am I alone in chortling loudly at those horrible chancers gold and sullivan squirming? Now they've somehow managed to blag a massive stadium at public expense, I can't wait to see them try to fill it in the 2nd division. Maybe they could groundshare with pompey, they're about the same level of c*ntishness.

Am I alone in chortling loudly at those horrible chancers gold and sullivan squirming? Now they've somehow managed to blag a massive stadium at public expense, I can't wait to see them try to fill it in the 2nd division. Maybe they could groundshare with pompey, they're about the same level of c*ntishness.

They could be in the same division as Leighton Orient next year. They could ground share after all.

I think it's harsh. I mean it's not like Carroll has done something like this before...Oh wait....

He's got an anger problem and I'm glad he's not playing against us. West Ham know how important he is to their chances of staying up. Three big games for them and to have him missing is a massive blow.

Carroll knew what he was doing. Gritted teeth too, which generall suggests aggressive intent.

For what it's worth, I'd say... red for Carroll's action. However, Flores' reaction was poor and he should have been disciplined too.

That's basically how Graham Poll summed it up on Monday.

If it is rescinded I hope they take note of every time he goes down as though shot for the slightest contact, which for a big man he does go down a lot, that the FA are able to throw the book at him. I think West Ham are being a bit hypocritical here.

As much as I don't like West Ham or Carroll I dont think we are really in a position to criticise after our pathetic handling of the Lallana case.

If they bow to West Ham and not us, I think there is cause.

It's pretty clear it's a red, and worse decisions have not been looked into previously.

Utterly pathetic on the FA's part, totally spineless.

You have to laugh. They were clearly pinning all their survival hopes on him finding some form after returning from injury, and almost immediately he gets himself suspended for three games. If it was anybody else they would have just accepted the FA ruling and moved on.

He thought he was being cute and clever, deliberately swinging his arm at Flores but trying to make it look like it was unintentional, but as people have already noted it is the facial expression that gives it away.

As for Flores' play-acting though - what a prize c*nt.