Good news from FA

NickG

Not just me that is seeing the irony here that so many people are saying it's great news that Carroll is banned and will miss our game that it's a bonus etc and that it will rule him out for England yet at the same time the consensus seems to be that he's a terrible player, a cart horse etc. So why is it great news he misses our game?

Thats very strange. Please point out in the 46 posts above where it is claimed that Carroll is a cart horse and a dereadful player. All I can see is peolple pleased that he is out -one poster even reckons that it is certain defeat for us if he were to play.

Surely you are not starting another troll like strawman argument are you Turkish??

Not just me that is seeing the irony here that so many people are saying it's great news that Carroll is banned and will miss our game that it's a bonus etc and that it will rule him out for England yet at the same time the consensus seems to be that he's a terrible player, a cart horse etc. So why is it great news he misses our game?

West Hams style is high towards Carroll for the knock down to Nolan. Even you must see that gives us a better chance against West Ham now he is missing....surely. (cue the airplane joke)

Yep just you.

Can't see one post saying he is a terrible player, a cart horse etc.

There is one saying over rated.

I think the concenus is he is quite effective and handful but a symbol of fatsam's football - cynical, physical and lacking flair.

Almost if you just joined a thread to take a view contrary to the popular view to criticise saints fans....but I'm sure you would never do that,just a genuine mistake i'm sure

Carroll is a player who's been overrated and overvalued through no fault of his own, but is still a potentially very destructive player on his day even though he might not necessarily be the one to put the ball in the back of the net.

Very, very, very few strikers can have a brilliant game without scoring. Carroll however, is one of them.

Incidentally its a laughable decision and Carroll's arm swing is very obviously an instinctive 'get offa me' having just been jumped all over and strangled about a quarter of a second earlier, but one that I'm happy Saints will benefit from in the short term.

Yep just you.

Can't see one post saying he is a terrible player, a cart horse etc.

There is one saying over rated.

I think the concenus is he is quite effective and handful but a symbol of fatsam's football - cynical, physical and lacking flair.

Almost if you just joined a thread to take a view contrary to the popular view to criticise saints fans....but I'm sure you would never do that,just a genuine mistake i'm sure

Thats very strange. Please point out in the 46 posts above where it is claimed that Carroll is a cart horse and a dereadful player. All I can see is peolple pleased that he is out -one poster even reckons that it is certain defeat for us if he were to play.

Surely you are not starting another troll like strawman argument are you Turkish??

Oh no munchkins, it's not this thread, this is one of celebration that the donkey won't be playing against us. This forum had been indignant over the last 2 or 3 years that carol is a terrible player and a donkey, I thought that was the long held mongboard view so the good news thread contradicts the default view. Carroll is a Terrible player except on this thread where the cyber high fivers are out and celebrating the news that this terrible player and donkey won't be available against us

Edited by Turkish

Carroll can't have any complaints about Flores making a meal of it anyway. My overriding memory of last years abysmal game at Upton Park is of Carroll rolling around on the floor clutching his face every time Hooiveld breathed in his general direction.

This exactly. For such a big lump, it was incredible how easy it was for smaller players to knock him over. Mind you, his recovery rate as soon as he had won the free kick is amazing. Much as I hate the amateur theatricals from players such as Flores, Carroll has been guilty of the same type of cheating himself, so he has no excuses and him protesting about it makes him look like a hypocrite. But at least with him out of our match, West Ham will not be benefitting from the soft free kicks he earns them, or the big target man he represents and which which is one of his few attributes. I'm happy to call him a cart horse.

Oh no munchkins, it's not this thread, this is one of celebration that the donkey won't be playing against us. This forum had been indignant over the last 2 or 3 years that carol is a terrible player and a donkey, I thought that was the long held mongboard view so the good news thread contradicts the default view. Carroll is a Terrible player except on this thread where the cyber high fivers are out and celebrating the news that this terrible player and donkey won't be available against us

As usual you've created a bit of a strawman so that you can continue your "too cool for school" schtick but nevertheless I salute you for devoting the time necessary to make nearly 23,000 posts on a mongboard that you so clearly dislike and think is beneath you.

My personal view is that most people who've slagged Carroll in the past on here have done it from the point of view of Carroll undeservedly getting England recognition over SRL. Carroll on his day is a massively handful so I'm glad he won't be playing againsts Saints. However I'd be very dissappointed if he makes it into the England squad because, as this episode clearly shows, is a walking red-card.

As usual you've created a bit of a strawman so that you can continue your "too cool for school" schtick but nevertheless I salute you for devoting the time necessary to make nearly 23,000 posts on a mongboard that you so clearly dislike and think is beneath you.

My personal view is that most people who've slagged Carroll in the past on here have done it from the point of view of Carroll undeservedly getting England recognition over SRL. Carroll on his day is a massively handful so I'm glad he won't be playing againsts Saints. However I'd be very dissappointed if he makes it into the England squad because, as this episode clearly shows, is a walking red-card.

Straw mans argument, are you sure?

So Carroll isn't good enough for England but a bit of a handful on his day, right? About the same level as Darren Bent then I guess?. Didn't see too many bricking it that he was playing for Fulham on Saturday. Would it have been 'great news' if he's been unavailable?

No referee will take any notice of the reaction of the aggrieved player. Carroll's wild swing of the arm was unnecessary and exaggerated and his intent was clear. As a referee you always have to be careful in assessing the physical state of the player who has been fouled, there's always a possibility that they are genuinely injured.

Straw mans argument, are you sure?

So Carroll isn't good enough for England but a bit of a handful on his day, right? About the same level as Darren Bent then I guess?. Didn't see too many bricking it that he was playing for Fulham on Saturday. Would it have been 'great news' if he's been unavailable?

Another strawman, please don't....

...No he's better than Bent, not sure what he's got to do with anything. Bent used to be a great poacher but if you stopped the supply you could normally stop him. Now his finishing was worsened and he's lost a yard of pace. As for Carroll he had the physicality to unsettle any defence and so I'm glad he's not playing especially with Lovren out. IMO his style isn't suited to international football because he lacks mobility (not a problem for West Ham's direct style) and will be regularly pinged by refs.

Another strawman, please don't....

...No he's better than Bent, not sure what he's got to do with anything. Bent used to be a great poacher but if you stopped the supply you could normally stop him. Now his finishing was worsened and he's lost a yard of pace. As for Carroll he had the physicality to unsettle any defence and so I'm glad he's not playing especially with Lovren out. IMO his style isn't suited to international football because he lacks mobility (not a problem for West Ham's direct style) and will be regularly pinged by refs.

Wow. Amazing how a good news thread has changed the entire perception of this player. He's gone from a useless cart horse to a Handful who can cause us all sorts of problems in less than two pages. If only we'd had a good news thread for Danny Fox. He'd have been the new Roberto Carlos by the time you'd finished with him.

To me, not just his eyes, but the way he hid his 'guilty' arm is all the body language you need to indicate he meant to **** the player. I think we neeed big lumps lile Carroll in the squad as well as sophisticated forward playmakers like SRL as well as swift younguns such as JRod. I'd be happy if all 3 were in the squad with Sturridge.

Just watched the video of the incident - something that hasn't been mentioned yet & I could just be seeing things but as flores goes over carroll watch carrells right arm. to me it looks like he punches flores in the back which in the video we are obstructed by the ref from seeing if it is or isnt however if so, then this was in direct view of the ref & therefore if i saw it correctly then the swinging arm afterwards would have more consequence.

Just rewatched the video again - this time I'm even more sure of the punch to the back first - look at the refs reaction - he is reaching for his pocket & has his finger up before the swinging arm is even in full motion or makes contact.

Good point, the finger goes up when Carroll cuffs his fellow ponytailer who has decided to play horsey. Horsey games seem to a bit of a theme - wasn't there one on Gereard this weekend?

Edited by tpbury

Wow. Amazing how a good news thread has changed the entire perception of this player. He's gone from a useless cart horse to a Handful who can cause us all sorts of problems in less than two pages. If only we'd had a good news thread for Danny Fox. He'd have been the new Roberto Carlos by the time you'd finished with him.

You do know this forum is made up of 3,000 individuals with 3,000 individual opinions right? The opinions posted on any one thread on any one day may not be representative of 3,000 people. Creating imaginary armies of people all saying something stupid - thats creating a strawman. Pretending you're facing an army when in fact is just a few posters posting views on one particular thread - thats really stupid.

Edited by buctootim

You do know this forum is made up of 3,000 individuals with 3,000 individual opinions right? The opinions posted on any one thread on any one day may not be representative of 3,000 people. Creating imaginary armies of people all saying something stupid - thats creating a strawman. Pretending you're facing an army when in fact is just a few posters posting views on one particular thread - thats really stupid.

There was an army of people telling us how terrible Carroll was and has been for the last couple if years. Now it seems he's not so bad and we should be slapping ourselves on the back that he's not playing against us.

For me, I don't rate Carroll that much. West Ham's tactics probably get the best out of him, and credit to them for that, but I'm glad I don't have to sit there and watch it every week.

He is perfectly capable of not being that great (especially in comparison to Lambert, or his price tag, which is usually what's being said on here) AND weakening West Ham by his absence.

There was an army of people telling us how terrible Carroll was and has been for the last couple if years. Now it seems he's not so bad and we should be slapping ourselves on the back that he's not playing against us.

But why does it bother you oh so much?

But why does it bother you oh so much?

it doesn't. I just find it highly amusing. For the last two years Carroll has been terrible, now it's fantastic news that he's not playing against us. So is he terrible or not? It's all very confusing.

:lol:

Once again this thread has turned out to be a bit of a mare for the usual suspects. On the retreat from an imaginary army. Only on a mongboard.

FWIW Carroll is a blunt instrument, not blessed with much skill but effective and physically dominating. Given how West Ham set up -Nolan from deep and two old fashioned wingers, the significance of Carroll's absence is as much about the hole it leaves in the system as the merits of the player in question.

I'm not fussed either way tbh, they're sh*te with or without him.

:lol:

Once again this thread has turned out to be a bit of a mare for the usual suspects. On the retreat from an imaginary army. Only on a mongboard.

FWIW Carroll is a blunt instrument, not blessed with much skill but effective and physically dominating. Given how West Ham set up -Nolan from deep and two old fashioned wingers, the significance of Carroll's absence is as much about the hole it leaves in the system as the merits of the player in question.

Except of course it hasn't has it sunshine. No one has been able to explain why it's cause for celebrating that this terrible player won't be featuring against us, just the usual bleating.

I'll know when a thread has turned into a nightmare for me when I have to resort to searching the internet to find quotes not even made on this forum and take them completely out of context to try to prove a point. Now that really is a *insert mongy emoticon* moment

For me, I don't rate Carroll that much. West Ham's tactics probably get the best out of him, and credit to them for that, but I'm glad I don't have to sit there and watch it every week.

He is perfectly capable of not being that great (especially in comparison to Lambert, or his price tag, which is usually what's being said on here) AND weakening West Ham by his absence.

Isn't there some kind of rule about posting common sense and logic on this forum...?

Thought he deserved to go. He definitely swung his arm intending to hurt Flores.

Allardyce moaning about play-acting is a bit hypocritical to say the least when you look at how his players, Carroll included, roll around at every given opportunity.

Have West Ham ever been more unpopular?

"Carroll is innocent OK. Because Flores is guilty (by over-reacting/simulating/defrauding) then logically that means Carroll must be innocent." Or at least thats what some of the posts above are saying.

Sure Flores is a cheat. But Carroll is guilty. Card upheld fine. Flores next please.

Except of course it hasn't has it sunshine. No one has been able to explain why it's cause for celebrating that this terrible player won't be featuring against us, just the usual bleating.I'll know when a thread has turned into a nightmare for me when I have to resort to searching the internet to find quotes not even made on this forum and take them completely out of context to try to prove a point. Now that really is a *insert mongy emoticon* moment

Plenty have but you seem determined to carry on with your boring schtick.

West Ham now considering taking to FA to court. Could see the ban suspended pending the case.

Sounds a bit desperate to me.

Isn't there a rule that says if you get the real courts involved you get your golden share suspended?

Seem to remember something like that when we were trying to get our points deduction revoked, not sure if there's an equivalent sanction in the Prem.

Isn't there a rule that says if you get the real courts involved you get your golden share suspended?

Seem to remember something like that when we were trying to get our points deduction revoked, not sure if there's an equivalent sanction in the Prem.

Apparently it's the Court of Arbitration for Sport. Unprecedented though.