Words With No Association Thread

Tokyo-Saint

Dinlo, it's the no association thread

Thanks for making this the "Dinlo and Dinlower" thread 3B.

I KNOW it's the no association thread, BUT Dubai Philip's membership contract states that every post must be about Golf or Polo.

Ergo, I wasn't looking for the association to my post, simply trying to see his contractually obligated reference.

Dinlowerererer!

Thanks for making this the "Dinlo and Dinlower" thread 3B.

I KNOW it's the no association thread, BUT Dubai Philip's membership contract states that every post must be about Golf or Polo.

Ergo, I wasn't looking for the association to my post, simply trying to see his contractually obligated reference.

Dinlowerererer!

Righto, never seen his contract so wouldn't know, maybe you could make this things more public before casting aspersions??

Wow. That is interesting.

Normal service has been resumed.

I, officially, have a boner..nothing to do with DPs video mind, more with a DP video!!

Bletch, you made the funniest post I have ever read about having mental sex with Tokyo. Was that a quote from something? If not, that makes you a genuine original thinker. Then you spoil it all by typing phile rather than phial. I know you've explained it all before, but anyway, I am not your brother's stalker.

backboobs

Definitely maybe Fowllyd. Definitely maybe.

Or is it more of a tautology?

...when word-whores clash

It can be brutal. My brother (the pedant's go-to pedant) once had a lengthy discussion with a friend of mine as to whether the phrase 'most favourite' (which my friend's girlfriend had just uttered) is a tautology or a pleonasm. My friend said tautology, my brother said pleonasm. In the end they called the whole thing off, of course, but my brother won on points.

A bit more of this and Tokyo's derailing thread will be well and truly derailed. Nobody f*cks with a word whore and stays awake long enough to tell the tale.

Metathesis.

It can be brutal. My brother (the pedant's go-to pedant) once had a lengthy discussion with a friend of mine as to whether the phrase 'most favourite' (which my friend's girlfriend had just uttered) is a tautology or a pleonasm. My friend said tautology, my brother said pleonasm. In the end they called the whole thing off, of course, but my brother won on points.

A bit more of this and Tokyo's derailing thread will be well and truly derailed. Nobody f*cks with a word whore and stays awake long enough to tell the tale.

Metathesis.

I'll be honest with you, that's the first TMS-induced stiffy I've had since the Bear reviewed 50 Shades of Grey.

I'd always thought of pleonasm as being used consciously to convey specific, sometimes over-the-top meaning. Having Google'd it, I think your brother has a point, but the consensus seemed to be that pleonasm is itself tautology.

I'd love to meet your brother, he sounds like me type of pedant.

Talking of pedants...

Bletch, you made the funniest post I have ever read about having mental sex with Tokyo. Was that a quote from something? If not, that makes you a genuine original thinker. Then you spoil it all by typing phile rather than phial. I know you've explained it all before, but anyway, I am not your brother's stalker.

backboobs

Ah tpbury my attendant pedant, you appear to have discounted the possibility that I was using the word phile in the context of someone who likes something; francophile - likes France, bastard-file - likes Toke, peadophile - spreads the Catholic gospel, etc.

Therefore a phile of amyl nitrate, would be...oh whatever. Yep, you got me. Again.

And yes, again, I did copy the 'mental sex with Tokyo' skit from the Sunderland football forum. They've got a couple of posters on there called mackembletch and Tokyo-mackem. The former looks and sounds like the actor who plays Carson in Downtown(sic) Abbey, and the latter is married to a reet pretty lass from Japan.

I lifted the text verbatim - I didn't even need to change the names. Well spotted. Again.

tpbury, I love that you are my personal stalking spellchecker, my little forum F7, my very own '2 day later spell-check service'. I love it, love it, love it. I really do. But, I'm a little concerned for everyone else. You see, I fear that your (very kind) "48 hour post-post, spell checking service" may be getting in the way of others' enjoyment of the forum.

So I'd like to share something with you, but in the words of Stephen Morrissey, stop me if you think you've heard this one before. I have posted this already, but I like to share it with those who think that spelling, punctuation and grammar should get in the way of communication. I found it an important life-lesson about spell-checkery, grammar-bigotry and syntactic-psychosis. And as you're running this spell-checking service from the antipodes, it seemed almost poetic to bring to your attention a poem by Henry Lawson.

He struggled to gain credibility with the critics of the day (that's you, that is.), because, like me, he lacked a formal education.

I've underlined the passages of 'interest'

Yours valedictorily,

saintbeltch...go on. I dare you.

MNVP 2013 - TMS Poster of the year awards.

x

P.S. If you could arrange to have this spell-checked within the usual 48 hours, I'd be grateful. That way I might be able to edit it without anyone noticing.

P.P.S. If you still feel the need to tell people how to spell, can I suggest you try pub, tpbury.

P.P.P.S I'm only yanking your tail. As you were.

The Uncultured Rhymer To His Cultured Critics - Henry Lawson

Fight through ignorance, want, and care —

Through the griefs that crush the spirit;

Push your way to a fortune fair,

And the smiles of the world you’ll merit.

Long, as a boy, for the chance to learn —

For the chance that Fate denies you;

Win degrees where the Life-lights burn,

And scores will teach and advise you.

My cultured friends! you have come too late

With your bypath nicely graded;

I’ve fought thus far on my track of Fate,

And I’ll follow the rest unaided.

Must I be stopped by a college gate

On the track of Life encroaching?

Be dumb to Love, and be dumb to Hate,

For the lack of a college coaching?

You grope for Truth in a language dead —

In the dust ’neath tower and steeple!

What know you of the tracks we tread?

And what know you of our people?

‘I must read this, and that, and the rest,’

And write as the cult expects me? —

I’ll read the book that may please me best,

And write as my heart directs me!

You were quick to pick on a faulty line

That I strove to put my soul in:

Your eyes were keen for a ‘dash’ of mine

In the place of a semi-colon —

And blind to the rest. And is it for such

As you I must brook restriction?

‘I was taught too little?’ I learnt too much

To care for a pedant’s diction!

Must I turn aside from my destined way

For a task your Joss would find me?

I come with strength of the living day,

And with half the world behind me;

I leave you alone in your cultured halls

To drivel and croak and cavil:

Till your voice goes further than college walls,

Keep out of the tracks we travel!

Toke's a ****.

Golf's ****.

So, the 17th hole at this year's Desert Classic is a 325 yard par 4. For the Pros it is a gentle lay-up, before a short wedge into a narrow green that is protected by Desert Scrub & Tall Palm Trees. For us hackers there is always a farking tree in the way of our 2nd shot.

Anyway as this year was the 25h Anniversary, a number of special events went on through the week. This par-4 had a prize of US$2,500,000 for anyone getting hole in one.

That is a record sum for any single golf shot in European or US PGA Tour history.

wow it's almost like you don't want the 2014 most valued poster award

i did think it was brave of him to throw around them sort of foolish comments before expiry of the 60-day cooling off period. The MVP2013 award can easily be rescind! Do i hear a second?

i did think it was brave of him to throw around them sort of foolish comments before expiry of the 60-day cooling off period. The MVP2013 award can easily be rescind! Do i hear a second?

Let him carry on Bear, he's practically handing the award to you with that kind of talk!

You were quick to pick on a faulty line

That I strove to put my soul in:

Your eyes were keen for a ‘dash’ of mine

In the place of a semi-colon —

And blind to the rest. And is it for such

As you I must brook restriction?

‘I was taught too little?’ I learnt too much

To care for a pedant’s diction!

Well, that's a grammatical pedant, I'm more of a spelling pedant. If you can't say what you mean, you can't mean what you say, as Tom Tom Club once sang. I only try and pick up intellectual giants such as Bletch, Tokyo and Bear - you need to be called into account. To be honest, it's Bletch letting the side down, even DoublePen gets the letters in the right order! I am watching ManU vs Fulham - it is hilarious!

Everybody get out. I'm going to need a moment alone. You guys have turned the Muppet show into an episode of countdown, killed the bear and put me on the edge of inviting a golf story in. I am going to need a moment to this this through.

Toke's had a breakdown, Toke's had a breakdown, Toke's had a breakdown.

Word-whores of the world, untie!

The sad decline of a once spectacular and virile man, the Ozymandias of TMS.

Word.

like-a-boss-funny-meme-25.jpg

Yep!

I didn't know you got the gig to do the next Southern Comfort advert Toke.

Dumb Bear.

How is it brave or foolish if he's just going to cheat his way to MVP like he did in 2013?

By the way, I resent the fact that everyone is assuming that it's a two horse race between Bear and Toke.

As everyone knows, I won Most Normal Valued Poster 2013, and whilst I do acknowledge that pap coming second in the MNVP award does undermine its credibility a little, but once the word-whores have toned this place down to The Lounge MkII; a sort of Lounge with a PG warning, then I'm home and hosed.

The only thing that can stop me is if Dubai Philip turns it into a MKII General Sports forum, with a BOREDOM warning first.

Answer me this then Bletch, If I cheated like to say I did and you are so clever like you say you are (probably somewhere in those really long posts people skim read), how come 1) I found a way to crack the system so that I won 2) You did not find a way to crack the system like you say I did 3) As you will no doubt say, your honour stopped you from cheating - why haven't you cracked the code on how I cheated and exposed me for the Mugabe like fraud I am?

The people have spoken and voted 'NO' to word games.

It's like the when David Copperfield made the Status of Liberty disappear, Toke.

Just because I can't say exactly how it was done, doesn't mean I'm not certain that he cheated.

I have a good working knowledge of the laws of physics and yet the statue disappeared. Did this trash my inner-certainty in the physical world? No, it simply made me think that by and large Americans are more gullible than Brits.

So, the only proof that I can offer that you cheated is that a) I've read your posts and b) you won MVP 2013.

So I tricked* you Bletch?

*trick

trɪk/Submit

verb

past tense: tricked; past participle: tricked

cunningly deceive or outwit.

OK team, stand down everyone. Good work.

We've got the confession we were looking for.

Bear, strip Toke of the title please and please turn TMS back into the cess-filled cunny lozenge of a place it should be.

Sorry about the word games everyone, it was the only way we could get Toke to confess.

Toke, give me the definition of outwit, would you?

The question mark Bletch, check the question mark.

In the law of criminal evidence, a confession is a statement (not a fucking question dickface)by a suspect in crime which is adverse to that person. Some secondary authorities, such as Black's Law Dictionary, define a confession in more narrow terms, e.g. as "a statement (not a fucking question dickface) admitting or acknowledging all facts necessary for conviction of a crime," which would be distinct from a mere admission of certain facts that, if true, would still not, by themselves, satisfy all the elements of the offense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confession_(law)

Dumb word smith. Check yer grandma, confessions ain't questions. *

QXWPv.jpg

*unless asking who farted. This is 99% sure of being a confession.

Edited by Tokyo-Saint

The question mark Bletch, check the question mark.

In the law of criminal evidence, a confession is a statement (not a fucking question dickface)by a suspect in crime which is adverse to that person. Some secondary authorities, such as Black's Law Dictionary, define a confession in more narrow terms, e.g. as "a statement (not a fucking question dickface) admitting or acknowledging all facts necessary for conviction of a crime," which would be distinct from a mere admission of certain facts that, if true, would still not, by themselves, satisfy all the elements of the offense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confession_(law)

Dumb word smith. Check yer grandma, confessions ain't questions. *

QXWPv.jpg

*unless asking who farted. This is 99% sure of being a confession.

You got me Toke.

Back to the word games everyone.

Don't think I don't know what this is all about S&M. All these word games started appearing at exactly the same time went on your date. These word game distractions won;t stop me from getting to the truth - What happened after costa S&M. What did you do to that poor girl, you sick son of a bitch, WHAT DID YOU DO?

is it me or is that blow up doll lacking in working orifices? I would be v.angar if i spent £25 on that blow up doll + got home and find missing orifices! I would be as angar as supermikey when he sprung £12.85 at Costa + bird was reject his vulgar advances. You can understand why he done what he done. I believe the courts call it mitigating circumstances. The "asking for it" defence.