Was cortèse going to sell lambert?

Roger

You see it's funny. When Adkins was here and I said several times he was a dead man walking, that he had little to no say in transfers and cortese didn't rate him I was given all sorts of abuse and trolling accusations. Several people were big enough to apologies at the time Adkins was fired which was fair play to them but the usual status quo remains that if it's something people don't want to to read it's bullsh*t and trolling. Well like I've said before, for someone that talks a lot of bullsh*t and spends my time trolling I seem to get an awful lot right.

It was a simple question, I didn't accuse you of anything!! ...Given that you categorically stated that the transfer committee wanted him gone (something that I had not read before but I don't live on here) and that it would appear to buck all that has happened since I just asked if you had some proof. I'm not particularly interested in a rambling explanation of whatever you may or may not have got right in 20 odd thousand posts(even Glasgow gets the odd thing right although he usually predicts it after it's happened :-))...

For what it's worth I like your genuine footballing comments - hence being interested in an answer - please?

That maybe, but you don't know for sure that it wont happen. I appreciate, the chances of it happening were greatly diminished once Cortese left.

Well the point was he was hero worshiped due to some people believing everything he told them. I questioned it and how he would do it and was called a troll and negative. We don't need a bigger stadium, we won't make the champions league any time soon and cortese isn't here so who is right, the ones who sang his name and hung onto his every word and like little children at Christmas excitedly Hoping this mysterious character they'd read all about would deliver their wishes or those of us that were a bit more realistic and questioned how likely it was to happen?

Not playing the victim at all pal. It's a fact that I'm often accused of trolling and talking sh*t yet I get a lot right.

As for sources and evidence to proof is there to see. I was sneered at for saying what I did about Adkins and look what happened there. I remember when I said about Di Matteo being offered the job before MP and also when Chelsea were linked with Clyne in the press a while back that they weren't interested in him and said my source was a director at Chelsea who I wouldn't name (I did name him and how I know him via PM to a couple of people on here I have a bit of time for) and was melt with the usual sneering made up comments about the paper and ink salesmen trying to flog Bruce buck a few reams of a4 so that's why you won't get a source out of me, sunshine.

I can't say too much, but ........................... .......

I appreciate, the chances of it happening were greatly diminished once Cortese left.

Not quite.

Cortese leaving is directly related to the fact that his "vision" was pie in the sky and never realistically going to happen. Cortese thought he could rely on the Leibherrs to bankroll the club to the Champions League but it was pretty obvious they were never that mental.

Well the point was he was hero worshiped due to some people believing everything he told them. I questioned it and how he would do it and was called a troll and negative. We don't need a bigger stadium, we won't make the champions league any time soon and cortese isn't here so who is right, the ones who sang his name and hung onto his every word and like little children at Christmas excitedly Hoping this mysterious character they'd read all about would deliver their wishes or those of us that were a bit more realistic and questioned how likely it was to happen?

But still you offer no proof sources? I've not called you a troll, I've not accused you of bull s****** , I've occasionally wondered why you don't stick to what you do well but your credibility diminishes like a fart in a thunderstorm if all you do is defend yourself against charges that aren't even made and apply sarcasm and sneer as if it adds some weight to them?

All I asked was if you had a source for the claim that you made that the transfer committee wanted to move Rickie on when we were first promoted? I didnt ask if you felt bullied, vilified or vindicated by some or other posters or stories...it really was a simple question!

Not quite.

Cortese leaving is directly related to the fact that his "vision" was pie in the sky and never realistically going to happen. Cortese thought he could rely on the Leibherrs to bankroll the club to the Champions League but it was pretty obvious they were never that mental.

I do wonder whether you are a supporter... Cortese's vision was not 'pie in the sky', it was an objective plan which could have become reality in time. I wonder if Everton fans think like you do; all negativity. They may well be in the Champions League next year; and they have certainly not been bankrolled.

Cortese's vision was not 'pie in the sky', it was an objective plan which could have become reality in time. I wonder if Everton fans think like you do; all negativity. They may well be in the Champions League next year; and they have certainly not been bankrolled.

But their attendance is around 25% higher and income probably about 40% more.

Not quite.

He didn't leave for that reason mate. We all know this isn't true because a while back there were a group of posters on here who were indignant that you didn't need to be bankrolled to make the champions league. All that was needed was a decent manger and a good academy. This little group of posters were adamant that this was the case, I'm sure you remember them, they were shouting this from the roof tops in our championship days, the intelligent posters they referred to themselves as, other names they gave themselves were the enlightened posters and the positive posters. The intelligent posters have gone a bit quiet on the subject lately no doubt sitting back and smugly enjoying how right they are.

But still you offer no proof sources? I've not called you a troll, I've not accused you of bull s****** , I've occasionally wondered why you don't stick to what you do well but your credibility diminishes like a fart in a thunderstorm if all you do is defend yourself against charges that aren't even made and apply sarcasm and sneer as if it adds some weight to them?

All I asked was if you had a source for the claim that you made that the transfer committee wanted to move Rickie on when we were first promoted? I didnt ask if you felt bullied, vilified or vindicated by some or other posters or stories...it really was a simple question!

When you say 'proof' what exactly do you want? Names and direct quotes?

He didn't leave for that reason mate. We all know this isn't true because a while back there were a group of posters on here who were indignant that you didn't need to be bankrolled to make the champions league. All that was needed was a decent manger and a good academy. This little group of posters were adamant that this was the case, I'm sure you remember them, they were shouting this from the roof tops in our championship days, the intelligent posters they referred to themselves as, other names they gave themselves were the enlightened posters and the positive posters. The intelligent posters have gone a bit quiet on the subject lately no doubt sitting back and smugly enjoying how right they are.

Just look at Man city as the perfect example

took the owners £700m to win a league and FA Cup and to get to a CL group stage

He left because he got power mad, treated people like cr*p and some people were not prepared to take it quietly. Certain people got in touch with the family and he was removed before he did any more damage.

Not quite.

This is based on statements from the Liebherr family or supposition?

Not quite.

Be careful, you'll be told you never watch football etc bla bla bla in a minute

This is based on statements from the Liebherr family or supposition?

Common sense I would think. The only people who waste the kind of cash you need to win the CL are Russians who have stolen state assets for $1 under Yeltsin or absolute monarchy Arabs who take state oil assets as their own. Nobody who actually had to earn the money burns it like that.

Common sense I would think. The only people who waste the kind of cash you need to win the CL are Russians who have stolen state assets for $1 under Yeltsin or absolute monarchy Arabs who take state oil assets as their own. Nobody who actually had to earn the money burns it like that.

Quite. And the behaviours demonstrated by our owners since we got promoted.

Hilarious I get asked for evidence to "prove" something pitifully obvious.

There are forum geniuses still amongst us that tell us we only need to spend £15m a season to "compete with the big boys".

Reckon we can stretch to that so our dream is unquestionably still real. The enlighted ones will have the last laugh.

I do wonder whether you are a supporter... Cortese's vision was not 'pie in the sky', it was an objective plan which could have become reality in time. I wonder if Everton fans think like you do; all negativity. They may well be in the Champions League next year; and they have certainly not been bankrolled.

It's not negative to enjoy being top ten and going for a cup run. It is effing brilliant for Saints.

It's far more negative grizzling on about Merseyside clubs and pining over what they may or may not do. And either way, Everton have never been in the Champions League and probably won't this season.

Support your own club son. We're having a brilliant season.

Edited by CB Fry

I don't disagree with that view, however, Cortese's 'vision' potentially clashing with that of the Liebherr family could be the sole reason he left, it could be a contributory factor or it might not be a factor at all. As mere fans we are not privy to the internal workings of the Club so it can't be said for certain why he left.

have not read the whole thread, but has it occurred to anyone that Lambert may have wanted to go to west ham?

Yes I had thought that but then you have to ask why? What changed from last summer when he signed his new contract and he said he wanted to stay until the end of his career?

From the daily echo http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/109...tury_of_goals I asked this question

“It has been the best four-and-a-half years of my life,” he said. “I have given everything and I will carry on giving everything I can while I am here. I have absolutely loved it.”

Noticed the way he phrased " I will carry on giving everything I can while I am here." Made me think he has changed his thinking a bit since he sign his contract last year. I do wonder what made him unhappy. Was it Osvaldo? Was it a falling out with Cortese? I did wonder that maybe he felt he was struggling to keep up with Pochettino's high pressing game. Whatever the reason I hope all the factors involved are resolved now and he is happy again. I hope Pochettino sees he is a valuable asset to the team and worth keeping. I hope he can finish his career for us. Many mentioned the he played a little bit of a deeper role on Saturday and it seemed to suit him. Maybe Poch will play him there from now on.

As mere fans we are not privy to the internal workings of the Club so it can't be said for certain why he left.

Couldn't agree more, but in keeping with the rest of the thread, much better to just make up any old dogshyte and just post that instead.

I seriously despair of some of our so called ITK's, embarrassing.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more, but in keeping with the rest of the thread, much better to just make up any old dogshyte and just post that instead.

I seriously despair of some of our so called ITKer's, embarrassing.

I seriously despair of some of our so called ITK's, embarrassing.

How do you know people make things up, or don't know people at the club, or people that have had dealings with the club? Just because you don't it doesn't mean that applies to everyone.

I'm surprised how little leaks out. With c250 staff and players who probably each chat openly to at least 10 friends and family thats 2,500 people in the Southampton area who will hear snippets at least occasionally - let alone people at the other end of business deals.

FWIW Turkish's straight posts are usually worth reading, but ruins it by using the other 65% to tell everybody else how crap they are compared to him - hence the hostility.

How do you know people make things up, or don't know people at the club, or people that have had dealings with the club? Just because you don't it doesn't mean that applies to everyone.

It always amazes me that people get so rowdy about others having some contacts that feed them little snippets of information. Its utterly bizarre. Its not exactly something to be proud of, "being ITK". Its just a quirk of fate. Yet some people get so angry about it, simply because they aren't. Weird.

When you say 'proof' what exactly do you want? Names and direct quotes?

Any sort of tangible evidence would be more than is out there at the moment - I genuinely can't remember this being mooted at the time..in fact it's only the persistent West Ham cr*p that has been around consistently. It just doesn't stack up against any of the noise or actions that followed - I don't need to document how Ricky's season went last year and though he's had the odd dip (post England) at times it's not like he'd been rubbish in the promotion season...?

It would have been madness to sell him. The guy is a club legend and deserves to finish his career here. I truly hope that he does.

He was back to his brilliant best against Fulham and I'm so pleased for him. That's the thing about SRL, just as everyone starts to write him off he comes back with a bang. Pure class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised how little leaks out. With c250 staff and players who probably each chat openly to at least 10 friends and family thats 2,500 people in the Southampton area who will hear snippets at least occasionally - let alone people at the other end of business deals.

Fair point... which makes it seem rather strange that we only get Turks and Glasgow and not at least 100 or confirmations... also ma bit odd that with so many ITK and with access to such direct 'gossip' - its all negative - which I find hard to believe for a club that has progressed as it has over the last 4 years... Even though this forum has NO trolls, the definition of a troll is a sole focus on negative stories to Wind up and irritate... make of that what you will.

Yes I had thought that but then you have to ask why? What changed from last summer when he signed his new contract and he said he wanted to stay until the end of his career?

From the daily echo http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/109...tury_of_goals I asked this question

“It has been the best four-and-a-half years of my life,” he said. “I have given everything and I will carry on giving everything I can while I am here. I have absolutely loved it.”

Noticed the way he phrased " I will carry on giving everything I can while I am here." Made me think he has changed his thinking a bit since he sign his contract last year. I do wonder what made him unhappy. Was it Osvaldo? Was it a falling out with Cortese? I did wonder that maybe he felt he was struggling to keep up with Pochettino's high pressing game. Whatever the reason I hope all the factors involved are resolved now and he is happy again. I hope Pochettino sees he is a valuable asset to the team and worth keeping. I hope he can finish his career for us. Many mentioned the he played a little bit of a deeper role on Saturday and it seemed to suit him. Maybe Poch will play him there from now on.

I agree with this and at the risk of sounding boringly obvious has it escaped everyone's attention that West Ham were reputedly offering him a 3 year contract at a lot more money than hes on at the moment? If i offered most of the posters here a 50% salary increase as is rumored from his current c £40,000pw to c £60,000pw, a £xm signing on bonus and guaranteed it for 3 years plus you don't even need to move your family as work is only 65 miles up the road ...are you saying you would reject it out of hand? He is contracted until 2016 with us but it would be mid 2017 at that wage with WHUFC.

Then add in that you've got young competition at work at present for your position, maybe you are not quite as "needed" as west ham might say they need you to save them, add in that the MOPO style of play does not always flatter you physically as the team does not play to your strengths as much anymore then add in injuries and a family and the idea of setting yourself up for life with one last big contract.....well- you would have to listen to what both West Ham and Saints had got to say on the matter- surely?I reckon it was very close myself, and that the Osvaldo thing might well have saved Rickie for us. We could not get rid of Osvaldo AND lose Rickie....and it was just to soon for the new bosses to be on the case for a replacement hence SRL is still a Saint. Delighted cos we all love Rickie.

So, he's got 4 months now to ensure he goes to Brazil which means he will be busting a gut to score or make goals as always...and then when he gets back from Rio having played WC footie and scoring a hat-trick against Italy having nut-megged Osvaldo for the first goal and a one two with Ads who had left Osvaldo on his backside prior to that during the move for his second whilst his third was a bullet header from outside the area after Jrod had chipped the ball over to him, the Jrod who incidentally had also nutmegged Osvaldo earlier in the move causing a retaliation resulting in Dani being sent off, to join Balotelli who had already lashed out at Ads for nutmegging him twice in one course of play whilst picking his pocket, adding another tattoo to his arm "I love Brazil" and finally autographing Balotelli's shirt adding a big X kiss before revealing an undershirt t-shirt message to him as "Nuts! Mario" before carrying on to score his first goal for England during one rather long and extended mazy run lasting around 6 minutes...so long in fact that several of the england midfield had enough time to get deckchairs out, apply some factor 30 and order some caipirinhas, Gerrard even had time to nick some wheel hubs off the Italian team coach and still get back in time for his drink before the ice melted and Woy managed a little nap which left him a lot fresher for the post match interview ..

All that means Rickie would be in a strong position for a renewed contract on a higher basic wage from Saints upon his return :-).

Edited by Giordano

It's not negative to enjoy being top ten and going for a cup run. It is effing brilliant for Saints.

It's far more negative grizzling on about Merseyside clubs and pining over what they may or may not do. And either way, Everton have never been in the Champions League and probably won't this season.

Support your own club son. We're having a brilliant season.

Although sort of agree with your sentiments, Everton were in the Champions league in 05/06 after coming 4th in 04/05. Knocked out in the third qualifying round though so never made it to the group stage. I think they were nearly relegated for it though in 05/06 so it might not be something we'd want to look at anyway. I'd be very happy with an FA cup final again.

Although sort of agree with your sentiments, Everton were in the Champions league in 05/06 after coming 4th in 04/05. Knocked out in the third qualifying round though so never made it to the group stage. I think they were nearly relegated for it though in 05/06 so it might not be something we'd want to look at anyway. I'd be very happy with an FA cup final again.

The qualifying stage is not the Champions League. They didn't qualify for the Champions League.

The qualifying stage is not the Champions League. They didn't qualify for the Champions League.

*waits for MLG to labour the point of the qualifying rounds actually counting while utterly missing the point about only the group stages providing the enormous financial gain of qualification in the first place*

why?

reported £75k s week is a good enough reason for a couple of years

Fair point... which makes it seem rather strange that we only get Turks and Glasgow and not at least 100 or confirmations... also ma bit odd that with so many ITK and with access to such direct 'gossip' - its all negative - which I find hard to believe for a club that has progressed as it has over the last 4 years... Even though this forum has NO trolls' date=' the definition of a troll is a sole focus on negative stories to Wind up and irritate... make of that what you will.[/quote']

SO you're saying my inside info about us signing Clyne was negative? You think Clyne was a bad signing? Also i believe i said that Clynes agent has described Cortese as "an absolute gentleman" during negotiations at the time, again, this is negative, yes?

why?

reported £75k s week is a good enough reason for a couple of years

If money is the main motivation then I'm sure he'll be off to West Ham in the summer, if they stay up. Being a bit of a cynic I did wonder if the timing of Rickies injury was to do with the potential move to West Ham. Avoiding game time so he could past a medical. I guess we will never know for sure. I just hope he hasn't had his head turned by the money on offer. Now seeing this second half of the season as his big goodbye to the Saints fans.