Wanyama

robdevil7

He's a fantastic defensive shield and his passing is nowhere as bad as those on here would have you believe.

I'd like to see Wanyama play infront of the back 4 with Cork\Schneiderlin\Davis in the middle and width provided by the full backs, that would be a seriously tough lineup for any opposition to handle.

And drop who? Jrod, Lambert?

A weakness will never become a strength, but it can become less of a weakness.

There's no point spending time trying to put in what God left out.

Etc etc.

The man is a beast and gives us a presence in CM that we have not had for years and years. We are blessed to have both Big Vic and Jack Cork, but against the better teams we will concede fewer goals and have more possession with Big Vic in the team. IMO.

How will we have more possession?

According to the stats from the link saintadjg posted http://www.whoscored.com/Players/71714

Victor has a worse pass completion than Jack Cork, a worse long pass completion than Jack Cork and has been disposed twice as often as Jack Cork all those things would point to us having less possession surely? Victor is a better tackler though so might win the ball back more often than Jack Cork.

How will we have more possession?

According to the stats from the link saintadjg posted http://www.whoscored.com/Players/71714

Victor has a worse pass completion than Jack Cork, a worse long pass completion than Jack Cork and has been disposed twice as often as Jack Cork all those things would point to us having less possession surely? Victor is a better tackler though so might win the ball back more often than Jack Cork.

Stats. Pah.

I know what I saw.

In games where the back four needs protecting play Wanyama. In games where we need to move the ball quickly play Cork. Vic was rusty and as my brother said after the match, Fulham let him have the ball because he either passed it sideways or lost possession. Fulham's central pair are no mugs but having Cork on second half was like having an extra man in midfield.

All those saying Wanyama is needs to get back match fitness are wrong IMO. Cork and Morgan are ideally matched and sometimes you just have to accept that two players will be exceptional together and less than exceptional apart.

Morgan Schneiderlin is exceptional whoever he plays with. E.g. take a look at his performance stats on Saturday. And before you dismiss stats, not saying you will but just in case like, these back up what I saw with my own eyes.

http://www.squawka.com/news/2014/02/03/83-tackle-success-the-real-star-behind-southamptons-dismantling-of-fulham/2014020364271?

Mopo has always said its a squad game. Jack cork has been mom or there abouts for the last 5/6 games - what sort of message does it send the squad players that even if your the best player for the last 5/6 games that you will be dropped as soon as a 1st team player comes back from injury

I think you should play your form players

Mopo has always said its a squad game. Jack cork has been mom or there abouts for the last 5/6 games - what sort of message does it send the squad players that even if your the best player for the last 5/6 games that you will be dropped as soon as a 1st team player comes back from injury

I think you should play your form players

Mauricio explained all of this after the game on Saturday, he said that Jack was feeling very tired after the Arsenal game so he gave him a bit of a rest and put Victor in.

Rotate them whilst giving JRod increasing amounts of time. Ricky would make a good impact sub.

Defence wins you things, big Vic behind Cork\Morgan would be one hell of a defensive shield.

Spurs already tried that this season by playing Sandro, Dembele and Paulinho. It didn't work as it completely stifled their attacking threat, whilst many of those players ended up encroaching on each others space. A player like MS is used to playing with just one other defensive minded midfielder, he would need to adjust his game to accommodate another one.