Stoke build-up thread

Glasgow_Saint

This should be a simple home win, and there's little reason to think otherwise, but Stoke shouldn't be underestimated, even though they're a different team than the Pulis-run team of old.

Head would take a draw, but I'm going with my heart for a 2-0 win.

This should be a simple home win, and there's little reason to think otherwise, but Stoke shouldn't be underestimated, even though they're a different team than the Pulis-run team of old.

Head would take a draw, but I'm going with my heart for a 2-0 win.

Yeah, so were Sunderland & Villa

Trying to remember how the game went at their place after the freak goal at the start. Think we passed around them most of the game but didn't really open them up.

Can expect as much tomorrow.

We had the better of the game in the first half, didn't create too much but when we did we snatched at everything which was frustrating. Second half we had the better as well but the game really opened up and they had several breaks which threatened us.

We had the better of the game in the first half' date=' didn't create too much but when we did we snatched at everything which was frustrating. Second half we had the better as well but the game really opened up and they had several breaks which threatened us.[/quote']

Plus we had the usual "penalty for anyone but Saints" when Shawcross decided to catch a JWP free kick in the last few minutes.

Ryan Seager on the bench? There was an article about him on the OS the other day, scoring again apparently.

I think Isgrove is more likely to be used as an attacking option on the bench, as he trains with the first team.

Seager is on the bench for the U21s vs Arsenal this afternoon (and Reed in the starting 11) so, yep, looks like Isgrove will be on the bench.

Seager is on the bench for the U21s vs Arsenal this afternoon (and Reed in the starting 11) so, yep, looks like Isgrove will be on the bench.

Isgrove is in the starting 11 as well to be fair. Both he and Reed could still make the bench. Reed played against Charlton in a friendly just 24hrs before he played against Sunderland in the League Cup if I recall correctly.

EDIT: I don't see Rowe on the bench so maybe he has a chance with the first team squad tomorrow? Unless he is injured of course.

Retweeted by Southampton FC DSC03332_bigger.JPG scchighways ‏@scchighways 47m

If you are coming to Saturday’s @SouthamptonFC @stokecity game, avoid M27 Jct 5 #Southampton as local flooding likely to cause congestion

I think everyone needs to leave 10 hours early to get to the ground!!

Took me 3 hours to get from Bubb Lane to Millbrook flyover today. Unbelievable congestion.

Isgrove is in the starting 11 as well to be fair. Both he and Reed could still make the bench. Reed played against Charlton in a friendly just 24hrs before he played against Sunderland in the League Cup if I recall correctly.

EDIT: I don't see Rowe on the bench so maybe he has a chance with the first team squad tomorrow? Unless he is injured of course.

Ah, yes, I hadn't spotted Isgrove was also in the starting line up.

Not sure why some so obsessed with Cork v Big Vic. They are t different players who play different roles depending on our need.. Cork offers far more creativity' date=' [b']big Vic is the disrupter[/b]. Each play a part in a squad game. We can't judge Vic on last weeks return from his injury, needs sharpness etc. I would play him, Stoke have some big units

That would be my thinking too. They are a physical team. Big Vic may be needed to snarl back at them.

I know tickets are available for this game,but I have one adult and one child ticket in the family section available.

my 8yr old is very poorly and so we won't be able to go.

both he and I are just a tad disappointed to say the least.

if you live in the Gosport area and can collect,you can have them......I'd rather not see them wasted,as long as you can prove your a saints fan.

I know tickets are available for this game,but I have one adult and one child ticket in the family section available.

if you live in the Gosport area and can collect,you can have them......I'd rather not see them wasted,as long as you can prove your a saints fan.

Go without him! He'll understand. When he's older.

This should be the game that sees us safely to premiership football next season, therefore anything less than an easy convincing win will be a major disappointment.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

Preposterous suggestion. We are clearly sleepwalking to relegation:uhoh:

Sorry to hear that. I'm taking my eldest grandson (11) tomorrow for his first game. I suppose I'll have to take him to the shop first :rolleyes:

Retweeted by Southampton FC DSC03332_bigger.JPG scchighways ‏@scchighways 47m

If you are coming to Saturday’s @SouthamptonFC @stokecity game, avoid M27 Jct 5 #Southampton as local flooding likely to cause congestion

Does anybody know know more about this? The traffic news web site makes it look as if it might only be the bit from the motorway north towards the airport that is flooded.

Can you get off the m27 on to stoneham way south into the city?

Does anybody know know more about this? The traffic news web site makes it look as if it might only be the bit from the motorway north towards the airport that is flooded.

You are asking a poster in Dubai about traffic updates? :lol:

OK here you go

scchighways ‏@scchighways 7h Follow us @scchighways to get the latest traffic and travel updates for routes in and out of #Southampton @SouthamptonFC @stokecity

:smug:

The A27 around the Swan at Mansbridge was closed today and so was Stoneham Lane just north of the Concord Club by the AC Delco sports ground where there was a big puddle yesterday and there was apparently a vehicle stuck in the middle of it. That would explain the problems around J5. It's probably worth checking the situation tomorrow.

Try this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/hampshire

Edited by Whitey Grandad

The A27 around the Swan at Mansbridge was closed today and so was Stoneham Lane just north of the Concord Club by the AC Delco sports ground where there was a big puddle yesterday and there was apparently a vehicle stuck in the middle of it. That would explain the problems around J5. It's probably worth checking the situation tomorrow.

Try this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/hampshire

thanks. Have looked at that website. That was how I got the impression the motorway junction itself might be ok you seem to be saying so too.