• Wanyama
    • Davis, S
    • Lallana
    • Rodriguez
    • Lambert
    • Cork
    • Clyne
    • Gallagher

Fingers crossed for a Fulham revival now, from a travelling Saints point of view it's better to see the London clubs stay up (I'd make an exception for West Ham) and see the northern clubs drop. Always a top day out and Craven Cottage is the only Premier League ground that you can take 5,000+ fans to.

Easy win in the end after an awful first 45.

First half - thought Fonte played really well. Wanyama was really ****-poor, completely off the pace, no movement.

Second half - great to see Cork back on. Fantastic all round performance.

really enjoyable day out by the Thames.

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=073165abf2f7093be5489aa9003386f3&topic=36252.0

Seems our boys were a bit too rowdy for their fairtrade lentil knitting supporters.

Off the pitch - A big thank you to the guys having a scrap in the beer queue distracting everyone so I could get a quick round ;-)

On the pitch - Awesome second half, a well deserved win

having just recovered from my day on the beer I nominate boruc for the saves in the first half as motm

second half we were so like Barcelona,it was beautiful to watch

three great goals,all by Englishmen,take note roy.

outstanding team performance in the second half.

next match is the hammers for me,so hope we batter them

coys

having just recovered from my day on the beer I nominate boruc for the saves in the first half as motm

second half we were so like Barcelona,it was beautiful to watch

three great goals,all by Englishmen,take note roy.

outstanding team performance in the second half.

next match is the hammers for me,so hope we batter them

coys

Well I guess he couldn't but do that, he was there, no doubt to watch our lads because Fulham have no-one he could possibly be interested in.

An interesting statistic from The Mail today:

3. Fulham might be bottom of the table but they are working hard to get out of it – the EA Sports performance data showed only one team on Saturday collectively ran more miles than the 72.8 which Rene Meulensteen’s side covered.

Trouble was that side was opponents Southampton who managed 74.7, with Adam Lallana and Morgan Schneiderlin sharing top spot with 7.7 miles each.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2550674/Mata-needs-work-RVP-Rooney-Arteta-Arsenals-key-man-What-learned-weekend.html#ixzz2sGWCDQxR

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

3. Fulham might be bottom of the table but they are working hard to get out of it – the EA Sports performance data showed only one team on Saturday collectively ran more miles than the 72.8 which Rene Meulensteen’s side covered.

Trouble was that side was opponents Southampton who managed 74.7, with Adam Lallana and Morgan Schneiderlin sharing top spot with 7.7 miles each.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2550674/Mata-needs-work-RVP-Rooney-Arteta-Arsenals-key-man-What-learned-weekend.html#ixzz2sGWCDQxR

I posted on another thread that our amazing second half performance owed as much to Fulham's tiring legs as anything else. All these people saying Wanyama is crap and Cork and Clyne were the big difference makers are talking absolute crap. Fulham came flying out the traps first half. They were never going to be able to keep up with us. When they tired, we saw even more of the ball and they were a yard off the pace.

As I said on that other thread...same starting eleven for me against Stoke please. MP has said its either Wanyama or Cork; not both. And against Stoke, I would take Wanyama over Cork.

I posted on another thread that our amazing second half performance owed as much to Fulham's tiring legs as anything else. All these people saying Wanyama is crap and Cork and Clyne were the big difference makers are talking absolute crap. Fulham came flying out the traps first half. They were never going to be able to keep up with us. When they tired, we saw even more of the ball and they were a yard off the pace.

As I said on that other thread...same starting eleven for me against Stoke please. MP has said its either Wanyama or Cork; not both. And against Stoke, I would take Wanyama over Cork.

Tiring Fulham legs definitely played a major part but Cork definitely made a difference when he came on. He passed the ball with a bit more purpose and didn't dwell on the ball which Wanyama has a tendency to do. He was awful in that first half.

Putting Jay up front also played a big part as it stretched the Fulham back 4 which provided a bit more space for our JC/MS//RL/AL to play in

wanyama was crap though

Another excellent, subtle, under the radar performance from Steven Davis I might add. He is integral to our game. Also remember amongst the scenes of jubilation after lallanas goal, giving so much credit to schneiderlin, his quick 2 touch control and shift in a tight centre circle was outstanding to start that move.

wanyama was crap though

doubly so really, as the other lads we're obviously a bit knackered after the performance on Tuesday what they really didn't need was Victor giving the ball away all of the time so that they had to chase some more to get it back. Didn't expect him to be that bad really,Jack must have really been knackered for Mauricio to give Victor the start in that state. I really doubt if young Harry would have done any worse.

Sorry, can't agree. Wanyama was terrible first half. Continually passed into trouble and was way off the pace of the match. When Cork came on the transformation was fantastic. Passes went to our players and tackling was crisp and accurate.

Sorry, can't agree. Wanyama was terrible first half. Continually passed into trouble and was way off the pace of the match. When Cork came on the transformation was fantastic. Passes went to our players and tackling was crisp and accurate.

This. Fulham may have been knackered in the last 10-15 minutes, but the transformation happened the moment Cork came on.

From their forum:

I've just got back and have to say Saints fans have been a pain the backside all day and I always thought they were a more mellow bunch. The punch up at the bottom of P2 was a small group of saints fans refusing to sit down, refusing to move and then getting really arsy with the female senior steward. Not a copper in sight throughout the whole thing and eventually a couple of burly stewards wandered down soon followed by a couple more. I could not believe the outright hostility of a couple of the oiks being ejected. Alas the 'big we are' stuff carried on under the putney bridge tunnel, clapham junction and waterloo. Worse than all of that the Bricklayers was packed with saints fans at 1pm ................... good grief.

:lol: Fantastic news.

Really ?

Tom its not that straight forward. Yes Saints tired them out, but you then have to have the players to exploit the situation.

Cork brought the best out of the team. Passing improved etc. Second Cork was fresh and the result was Fulham couldn't deal with us.

I will leave it up to MP to decide who plays against Stoke

Worth alos quoting this from later in the article:

10.Torquay was the seaside town where Fawlty Towers was based – but even Basil never let his roof fall in on a football team.

The Gulls players were staying in Portsmouth when they got dragged out of bed by a 1.45 fire alarm because the hotel roof had collapsed and rain was flooding in – it was more than three hours later before they got booked into alternative accommodation.

They still found the energy to make sure Billy Bodin’s strike was the only goal of the game at Fratton Park.

That Mail writer must be a Saints fan!