• Wanyama
    • Davis, S
    • Lallana
    • Rodriguez
    • Lambert
    • Cork
    • Clyne
    • Gallagher

I voted Yoshida as MoM, never put a foot wrong and (given that he is not a regular) felt that he read the play superbly and contributed to a solid back line performance !

Many have said that we were poor in the first half but I prefer to consider that we contained the opposition with a view to breaking them down later with increased impetus and creativity !

The fact is that Fulham are in pretty deep relegation trouble and were always going to be more vulnerable the longer the match went on and that is how it panned out !

COYS

Perfect day - Saints win, accy comes in, skates lose. Always felt we were in control and that if we got one we would go on to win comfortably - some good stops by Artur in the first half and Cork coming on made a real difference - Wanyama was rusty to say the least. Really feel we can get that 8th place now.

Im looking forward to motd tonight.

So proud of an English/home-made team, for me, it makes such a big difference to have players who have been bought up with the club,,,, and I include Morgan in that.

We could almost field an all english team with a couple of english centre backs.

The archetypal game of two halves. First half pretty dire, second half inspirational. The improvement must have been down to a mix of Pochettino's half time dressing down and the introduction of Cork for Wanyama. After Cork's superb form in the past 3 matches, it was unfair to drop him for Wanyama the minute that he became fit enough to play. Last season, Cork had forged a fantastic partnership with Schneiderlin which seemed to be reignited these past few games since Wanyama has been absent and indeed the improvement in Schneiderlin's play in this second half points to them currently being the midfield pairing that gives teams problems.

We have Boruc to thank for three fantastic saves which kept us in the match until we could attain the upper hand and ease the pressure on our defence. Yushida did well alongside Fonte, Shaw and Chambers were solid, with Clyne adding some extra pace to the right when he came on for Chambers. We are lucky to have two such strong right fullbacks.

But who needs Osvaldo when we have Lambert, Lallana and Rodriguez up front? What would he have contributed today that the other three could not? Lambert gets my MOTM because he had a part in all three goals, scoring one and assisting the other two and congratulations Ricky for your 100th goal for us. Do I understand that the three of them have already surpassed the total they scored in the whole of last season? Lallana in particular is having a real purple patch of form and Hodgson must have been impressed with him, but also all three of them can't have harmed their chances of being on the plane to Brazil and surely one or more of Clyne, Shaw, Chambers and Cork might also find themselves in contention too.

First half best forgotten, second half sublime, picked up points against Man Utd, Newcastle and Spurs, whilst putting more clear water between us and Villa below us and the Skates beaten by Torquay.

All in all, a lot to be pleased with.

In recent months some on here have commented that SRL doesn't get involved in goal celebrations etc

How was he today was he a man with a big smile on his face .

I was in a pub in stromness and I thought the world was at an end reading the first half match thread .

I thought we played well snuffed out the Fulham attack . Remember they are fighting for their premiership lives . So well done to the lads today for a good job done

Yet another great result and great performance (in the end). Fulham look down to me but we look the business.

First thing is to get the extra points for absolute safety then that big clash with Sunderland. If we push on as hard as we can in league and cup who knows where we might end up?

I also really hope Poch hangs around at the end of the season. Unless he gets some crazy offer at a European giant I think he's at the best place at the moment.

SFC offers Poch the chance to work with lots of exciting youth, great football, decent fanbase and an owner right behind him. He's tailor made for us and we for him.

I'd imagine it would take a seriously good offer to tempt him away.

I slate Yoshida a lot, I am not a fan at all, but he got my MOTM today. He had a very good game along with Fonte, who also didn't put a foot wrong. Yoshida's distribution was immaculate and that has been one of my biggest criticisms of him. Well played. It's not easy to come into a side and to match the performances of someone like Lovren.

Can someone explain to my why Cork was dropped? Woeful decision by MP and someone needs to have a word with him. He has treated Cork like **** this season, ignoring him earlier and now dropping him after a MOTM performance. There are a lot of posters on here who state that Wanyama is a different class to Cork, but I'm not sure he is. They have very different styles, but both are decetn players. My opinion is that Cork presses more and forces us forward more. That makes us more attractive to watch, but leaves us a little susceptical to the counter. I much prefer watching us with Cork in the side than Wanyama. It's a squad game, so happy having both, but you have to be fair to the squad and pick players in form.

Great day, there will be tougher games than Fulham, who will go down, but isn't it nice to get the Cortese/Transfer window out the way and we get back to be being a pundits favourite

Can someone explain to my why Cork was dropped? Woeful decision by MP and someone needs to have a word with him. He has treated Cork like **** this season, ignoring him earlier and now dropping him after a MOTM performance. There are a lot of posters on here who state that Wanyama is a different class to Cork, but I'm not sure he is. They have very different styles, but both are decetn players. My opinion is that Cork presses more and forces us forward more. That makes us more attractive to watch, but leaves us a little susceptical to the counter. I much prefer watching us with Cork in the side than Wanyama. It's a squad game, so happy having both, but you have to be fair to the squad and pick players in form.

MP said Cork was feeling knackered so gave Victor the run out.

Oh, it is worth mentioning that we have not beaten Fulham away since before I was born, in 1947. A bogey fixture bites the dust at last.

if that doesn't make Fulham fans think relegation is on the cards nothing will.

Superb win.

Shame about the reporting yet again. Our win away from home should be right up there on today's prem news. BBC football don't even mention our name. Fulham losing is noted in small print.

This is the main photo I was greeted with after Manure's LOSS!

Booooooooooooooooooooo!

Can someone explain to my why Cork was dropped? Woeful decision by MP

Or...it was a masterstroke.... contain Fulham in the first half then come out all guns blazing in the 2nd... How many 1st halves have we dominated recently only to throw it away in the 2nd? MP picked the team and we won 3-0. Means to an end. Job done.

Lambert was awful first half but i'll be the first to say he was transformed second half. Morgan looked a lot better with Cork. Lallana is unplayable just now, he's close to world class right now

Fulham though were desperate, they're as good as down. Be a fire sale there as well. I'd take Hangeland and Sidwell as squad players :lol:

Or...it was a masterstroke.... contain Fulham in the first half then come out all guns blazing in the 2nd... How many 1st halves have we dominated recently only to throw it away in the 2nd? MP picked the team and we won 3-0. Means to an end. Job done.

I was starting to think this. That dull first half was probably just a containing game, and the attack came in the second half.

Now we know how to keep a clean sheet we can tactically control things much more.

Lovely to see Cork swing the balance in the 2nd half - should never have been dropped after is MoM last week.

Vic was misplacing passes as usual and not his usual effective self which unsurprising after his layoff. Thought

MoPo would give him a run in the U21's before starting in the 1st team.

Wonderful team performance made sweeter seeing SRL back to his former self, and what a pass that was...

However the unsung - literally - was Morgan yet again. Mr Consistency himself.

Could we not sing his name in the 'Off to Brazil' tune, changing the lyrics of course ? Mind you he SHOULD be off

to Brazil......with France.

Great 2nd half display and great goals, all three of them in their own way. Lambert, Lallana and Rodriguez were so fluid and supported superbly by Shaw and Clyne after he came on.

Was decent in the "neutral" end, stewards gave up trying to get people to sit down after half time, too many Saints there!

Wow, where to start...

First things first, justice somewhat prevailed that Cork was brought on at half time after Wanyama limped back to the changing room. I cannot put into words how important Cork is to the way we play, he allows so much more freedom to the whole team, filling in as full backs push on and providing tenacious support to the other midfielders.

Steven Davis....what a player he is! I don't think I have ever witnessed a Southampton player with the energy and reliability that he possesses. I actually believe he is now one of the first names of the team sheet and rightly so.

I'm so proud to see our side built on such a strong English foundation, and our front three were a joy to watch in the second half and fully deserved their goals.

Very very hard to pick a man of the match, they all deserve special mentions!

Fantastic to see the passion etched on the players faces as they celebrated each goal and at the final whistle, particularly Adam Lallana who applauded the fans while thumping the badge on his chest, you can see how much it meant to him. The same can also be said for Luke Shaw.

If Carlsberg did away days!!

Great 2nd half display and great goals, all three of them in their own way. Lambert, Lallana and Rodriguez were so fluid and supported superbly by Shaw and Clyne after he came on.

Was decent in the "neutral" end, stewards gave up trying to get people to sit down after half time, too many Saints there!

Massive respect to the Saints fans. I watched most of the game on a stream after work, it sounded like a home game!! Fulham outworked, outplayed and outsung. Superb stuff.

Great to see big Vic back, but Cork made the difference when he came on. Really excellent team performance, Maya particularly had a great game.

uPt a Cork in it! What a difference he made to Schneiderlin and the whole team after the break. How could Pochettino have left him out? Also good to see Clyne back in as much as we love Chambers.

For once a crap first half followed by a brilliant second but a great win and it could / should have been more. Great stuff from Staplewood. COYR