THE VMAN

thorpie the sinner

I thought we were going to strengthen, we have become weaker simply because of a lack of options, treading water at best.

I can't see how anyone can say we are not weaker than we were a week ago

Look at the state of our form when we have a couple of injuries

Lambert is no way as good as last season and we have an 18 year old rookie. There was a reason we bought a £13m striker

Lambert is no way as good as last season and we have an 18 year old rookie. There was a reason we bought a £13m striker

I agree, the spin on this shall be good from the clappers, to me it has been confirmed that there is a bullying eganda against me, I post a thread about players leaving and it gets taken down but 5 hours later someone post exactly the same thing (better late than never) and it remains.

This seems to me a sell off of the lesser players and troublesome ones which is fine and dandy but it does o detract we need defenders and centre forwards, we needed options before they left, where are they and what are the plans? Honesty and transparency? Ok then lets start with no players in the squad were leaving, Osvaldo has and Fox has played this year so what is that all about?

Yes, Gallagher missed a good chance but played well and didn't look out of place. Yoshisda was far from ****, Chambers very good, Cork very good...

I always judge strikers on the ability to put the ball in the net and I just can't see Gallagher doing that regularly anytime soon, getting in good positions and missing doesn't benefit the team. I didn't say Yoshida was ****, I said he was pretty poor, which he was. Chambers is now first choice right back and as I said no one is suggesting DM needs strengthening. You're literally just arguing for the sake of it, everyone with the slightest knowledge of football is well aware of how weak our squad is in defence and upfront.

no one is comming in so don't spend all day smashing the F5 on your keyboards, go out and live your lives. We have cleared the decks and have money in the bank ready to go in the summer when prices are not ott and players are more willing to leave . COYRS

evolocao-do-fuuuu-rage-guy-blog-bidoia.net_.gif

Not sure what Batman and Robin expect from the January window when we all know our emphasis is on bringing in the Youth from our Academy. Then the fact that we are safe from any Relegation worries and do not want to spend OTT transfer fees.

The state of our form was highlighted on Tuesday night when we outplayed Arsenal in the 1st half without Lovren, Wanyama, Lambert, Osvaldo and Ramirez.. I see your point.

Who do have to replace them? If no one then we are obviously weaker, thats the point I am making.

Poch has already said Targett has been promoted to the first team squad and Gallagher will be given a chance.

FWIW I would have liked us to sign a centre back and maybe a striker but I'm not too concerned we didn't. I'm glad some of the fringe players have finally been allowed to move on.

In the hour or so of football that people are judging Gallagher on he has done some great things (goal, movement, strength) but also shown some very worrying signs (miss vs Arsenal, fitness lasted an hour) - No one can honestly say whether he will make it on the evidence so far (by the way I think he will be OK)

It is therefore a massive gamble to rely on an 18 kid and as such could be significantly weaker if he cant preform for most matches

With RL injured and SG lasting only an hour or so - where are the goals going to come from on the bench if we need to change things or are chasing for a goal

I thinks its a massive gamble not to replace the nutter and should we be making those types of gambles at this stage of the season

it has been confirmed that there is a bullying eganda against me

Barry mate, you need to be careful here. I'm trying to convince people that you're not a troll or WUM but if you continue using the "Trolls will frequently use a persecution defence" troll profiling retort then you'll get people incorrectly putting two and two together. We can beat these ill-informed accusers together but we need to avoid giving them ammunition. Stay strong.

In the hour or so of football that people are judging Gallagher on he has done some great things (goal, movement, strength) but also shown some very worrying signs (miss vs Arsenal, fitness lasted an hour) - No one can honestly say whether he will make it on the evidence so far (by the way I think he will be OK)

It is therefore a massive gamble to rely on an 18 kid and as such could be significantly weaker if he cant preform for most matches

With RL injured and SG lasting only an hour or so - where are the goals going to come from on the bench if we need to change things or are chasing for a goal

I thinks its a massive gamble not to replace the nutter and should we be making those types of gambles at this stage of the season

Well said.

SG played well in the first half but I barely noticed him in the second and he came off very early.

And as regards that chance, yes better strikers have missed but a team with aspirations of progressing in the PL needs to have a striker that converts those...

Welcome back to the darkside - you know the script.... question anything and youre a troll!

You have been warned!

As "the nutter" shows, signings are a massive gamble too.

Spending £13-15m on a striker with a good record in Serie A & La Liga whilst also an international striker and having worked with our manager before can not work out.

If there is no-one better available than what we have, at a sensible price, why bother?

As "the nutter" shows, signings are a massive gamble too.

Spending £13-15m on a striker with a good record in Serie A & La Liga whilst also an international striker and having worked with our manager before can not work out.

If there is no-one better available than what we have, at a sensible price, why bother?

That's the thing though. Surely there was someone we could have brought in (even on loan) who would score more regularly than an 18 year old with an hour's Premier League experience.

Relying on SG is a big gamble.

That's the thing though. Surely there was someone we could have brought in (even on loan) who would score more regularly than an 18 year old with an hour's Premier League experience.

You can never know that though, that's the thing.

Could many see Osvaldo doing so badly? 3 goals?

I can't imagine SG would get less than that given a run out. Ok so it was a bad miss, players have those all the time. Harsh to judge the boy on an hour against the best defence in the league (so far).

As I said, if there is no-one available at a decent price that is going to improve us, why do it? It's still a gamble, even loans, why not gamble on one of your own?

Personally, I like that we gamble on our kids, so long may it continue.

Last year it was a gamble playing Shaw, and we "got lucky" it came off. Let's hope it does again.

I think you've answered your own question there.

At this stage of the season it would be a gamble to bring somebody in.

Patently, Osvaldo could not remain at the club and had to go, but are Juventus taking a gamble on him?

Similarly, if Juve offered one of their strikers in exchange would we be gambling on an unknown quantity at this stage of the season?

We are in the almost luxurious position of being able to ship out dead wood, bad apples, and be able to conduct a stock-taking of exactly what we have.

Gallagher has pretty much half a season to justify the faith MoPo has placed in him, which means he's not under undue pressure but can ease his way into the side.

Besides, at the risk of being branded a happy-clapper, is there that much to fret about where our goals are coming from.

We scored two and could have had more against the best defence in the Premier League, without our main striker.

I think you've answered your own question there.

At this stage of the season it would be a gamble to bring somebody in.

Patently, Osvaldo could not remain at the club and had to go, but are Juventus taking a gamble on him?

Similarly, if Juve offered one of their strikers in exchange would we be gambling on an unknown quantity at this stage of the season?

We are in the almost luxurious position of being able to ship out dead wood, bad apples, and be able to conduct a stock-taking of exactly what we have.

Gallagher has pretty much half a season to justify the faith MoPo has placed in him, which means he's not under undue pressure but can ease his way into the side.

Besides, at the risk of being branded a happy-clapper, is there that much to fret about where our goals are coming from.

We scored two and could have had more against the best defence in the Premier League, without our main striker.

Had we had a quality striker?

you know the script.... question anything and youre a troll!

You have been warned!

If my wife asks me if her dress makes her look fat, I say no. Your fat makes you look fat.

Likewise, it's not questioning anything that makes you a troll, it's more like the way you hide under bridges and jump out at people. ;)

Do you really think there are top quality strikers out there sitting around waiting for somebody to come up with a loan deal for them? I am sure the club know the type(s) of players they want, but you cannot just conjure them out of thin air. Who in their right mind is going to let their striker(s) go in this window if they are genuine quality (unless they are in an untenable Osvaldo-esque situation or going to command a hugely inflated fee)?

Woe! Woe! and thrice Woe! :(

Jonnyboy

Its only a few on here who are disrespectful those with with the attention seeking deficit . trolls/ wums and those that just like to argue for the sake of arguing

I believe SRL has done an excellent job this year , in the role he is playing, yes it would be good to see a few more goals, but he is as much a play maker as a goal scorer in my honest and humble opinion

As you're being argumentative Gallagher missed an absolute sitter then looked half dead after 45mins and Yosh was pretty poor. Cork was admittedly good, though no one is implying our squad is weak in DM.

All highlighted bit is utter crap but only to be expected of you..

The only true ITK we have, as soon as he calls it today, I will switch off Jim White day and concentrate on my life lol! :rolleyes:

Get in from work and find a thread about myself on here how ****ing sad,better and more important things should be on here before a boring **** like me

Well, there it is. VMAN has called it a day, so thorpie needs to turn off his telly and get on with his life now.

THREAD CLOSED!

There corrected it for you so that its now truly applicable to you and Barry ;0)

Name me one or two slightly unenthusiastic posters that arent called a troll? Thats just the way this forum has gone

I have never been one to avoid the difficult questions (the elephant in the room) its made me very very succesful in my career.

I deal with things head-on... Im not a head in sand kinda guy.

Seems that so many on here are afraid to discuss any negativity or challenge...

2 wins in 12 cant discuss it

21 players sold, 2 in - lock thread

Mopos very poor win % - youre a troll

Is the club for sale? - troll

Osvaldo wont be a success - lol he is Italys no.9 "troll"

You can have any opinion you want on this forum.... So long as its positive!!

Name me one or two slightly unenthusiastic posters that arent called a troll? Thats just the way this forum has gone

I have never been one to avoid the difficult questions (the elephant in the room) its made me very very succesful in my career.

Tell it how it is = troll

If I had a pound for every time someone started a post with "don't often agree with Turkish but,........."

As unpopular as my view might be at times and as much as it might be what people don't want to read its usually bang on.

Never a truer post ever written on this forum.

Lol you sad fu ck - you can have any opinion you like, but as you well know it's posting an opinion that is merely designed to iritate that makes you a troll - if were just a genuine miserable negative t w a t, you wouldn't be called at troll, we'd just call you AustrianmountainSaint MKII...

I am so pleased you are a success in real life.... I guess being in such an important and well remunerated position that allows you to post on chat rooms 24 hours a day must be anmazing. Well done you ;-)

Lol at 'head on' - seriously?

Trolls are like parasites, need to keep the host alive - sadly you don't seem to understand the limits - you will just end up hooking a few random rare posters as everyone else just steers clear of you... Have fun ;-)