Danny Fox joins Forest

swannymere

so exactly why would he be any better for Forest if they make the PL then ?

They won't get promotion, and if they do, again they will have to bring in better players to keep them there, as we have.

So Fox will get left begging again. always will do a good job in the Champonship.

He's played in the PL twice so must be quite a lot better than most on here allow credit. As far as I can see he was caught out of position about as often as Shaw, Clyne & Chambers - it's what happens when full backs are asked to bomb forward but they don't have the pace to get back against the counter attacks. He didn't really have the benefit of Louvren covering him as Shaw does so let's not get too out of context about his positional play especially as both goals against on Tuesday night came from errors against their right wing attacks and Fox wasn't playing.

Footballers do love playing football, that's why they are footballers. Only a numbskull would suggest that they enjoy life on easy street by being paid to train and sit on the bench in the rain every match day.

He's played in the PL twice so must be quite a lot better than most on here allow credit. As far as I can see he was caught out of position about as often as Shaw, Clyne & Chambers - it's what happens when full backs are asked to bomb forward but they don't have the pace to get back against the counter attacks. He didn't really have the benefit of Louvren covering him as Shaw does so let's not get too out of context about his positional play especially as both goals against on Tuesday night came from errors against their right wing attacks and Fox wasn't playing.

Footballers do love playing football, that's why they are footballers. Only a numbskull would suggest that they enjoy life on easy street by being paid to train and sit on the bench in the rain every match day.

He actually played in a game with Lovren in the side, and he was utterly hopeless. I remember Lovren looking at Fonte and just pointing at left back.

Good lad, good pro, but not a PL level player. Even Burnley told us that much.

he just lacked pace. Every other failing relates back to that, dropping off, not going out to close players down etc.

You can't play at fullback at the top level (and be good) without pace. It's as simple as that.

Was going to post the same. His lack of pace led to his poor positioning - such a shame as other parts of his game were very good. He had a fantastic delivery on him and played a massive role in us finishing second in the Chamionship with the number of assists he made. The Premiership was a step too far for him though - certainly no disgrace in that.

Harding isn't going to be happy with Fox once again arriving at the club he's at!

^this

Apparently the Forrest faithful haven't quite taken to Harding as much as we did. Still think we got rid of the wrong Daniel at the time!

Good luck to Fox. I did feel for him at times: even when he had an otherwise a cracking game he could still gift a goal away.

He just had this uncanny knack of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Although, as been pointed out, probably all down to pace in the Prem. Quality and committed footballer all told, lower half prem/top championship level. And, by all accounts, a bit of a 'geezer'.

Someone who DAJFU when needed in the Championship. He set up around a dozen " assists " in that promotion season and didn't look out of place THEN.

As with several others..... he didn't make the grade to be a regular in the Prem.side where the shortcomings in his game became more obvious.

Pretty sure he'll be good enough for Forest....who will probably not make it through the play-offs anyway...but good luck, anyway Danny.

^this

Apparently the Forrest faithful haven't quite taken to Harding as much as we did. Still think we got rid of the wrong Daniel at the time!

Good luck to Fox. I did feel for him at times: even when he had an otherwise a cracking game he could still gift a goal away.

He just had this uncanny knack of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Although, as been pointed out, probably all down to pace in the Prem. Quality and committed footballer all told, lower half prem/top championship level. And, by all accounts, a bit of a 'geezer'.

Kooch@Koochy834m

Harding is a fecking liability. Thank feck we signed fox today! #nffc #hardingslastgame

Good luck to the lad, in the right team he will do a decent job. Not the most technically gifted player we've ever had but a model pro, good team man and a good lad off the pitch. The one thing I will remember him for was just that. At the promotion party when we got back to the prem a mate of mine who is wheelchair bound was struggling to get served at the bar. Foxy noticed, and went straight up and bought him a case of beer so he didn't need to move again. No big deal to someone on his wages, he probably earnt that twenty quid in less than a minute, but I thought it was a great gesture.

And so did my mate, who was utterly **** faced about an hour later...:D

Far better player than Harding ever was or ever will be.

There aren't many players that have got this club promoted to the top flight in its long history and fox is one of them. He deserves respect for that and should always be welcomed back at the club and given a decent reception. That season in the championship was fantastic , so thanks for the memories, and good luck.

There aren't many players that have got this club promoted to the top flight in its long history and fox is one of them. He deserves respect for that and should always be welcomed back at the club and given a decent reception. That season in the championship was fantastic , so thanks for the memories, and good luck.

That kind of how I feel about all that side. Mini legends the lot of them.

Yes, a plus one for your post Duck. Many though seemed to argue that Harding was the better player which always astounded me. While Fox was found out at Prem level he was great for us in the Championship. His touch and wicked left foot should provide Forest with plenty of opportunities. Seems like a good lad too; go well Danny.

Yes, a plus one for your post Duck. Many though seemed to argue that Harding was the better player which always astounded me. While Fox was found out at Prem level he was great for us in the Championship. His touch and wicked left foot should provide Forest with plenty of opportunities. Seems like a good lad too; go well Danny.

I think that has a lot to do with peoples expectations of what a full backs Job is bombing on in overlapping attacks (Fox) or defending (Harding) neither were PL quality but at least Harding knew what a tackle was.

I think that has a lot to do with peoples expectations of what a full backs Job is bombing on in overlapping attacks (Fox) or defending (Harding) neither were PL quality but at least Harding knew what a tackle was.

Fair enough; although I'd argue that Fox was good enough at Championship level defensively and at least the equal of Harding in that department but far superior in an attacking role and dead ball delivery. I'm afraid I could never get over Harding's weak concession of a corner against Pompey whn under no pressure which led to their late goal. As you say neither are/were of Prem level.

Agree that Danny was defensively found out in the Prem but as Vin says in #106, his delivery was excellent. In fact I consider that his inswinging deliveries from corners were consistently the best that I have seen since Le Tiss - whipped in with great pace into just the right area to attack and very difficult to defend against. I was disappointed that on his few starts this season he did not take any corners, presumably because Poch thought he didn't get back to his defensive position on the other side of the pitch quick enough. I always felt that when Fox went over to take a corner that something could come of it. Good luck at Forest Danny.

Good Luck Danny, cheers for helping to get us to where we are today.

And he did also provide one of those amusing moments while watching Saints away at Watford. Whilst the players were warming up he came to the hoardings right in front of us to retrieve the ball, and being 4-5 rows from the front in a good old fashioned ground he was closer than many Saints fans had previously been. 2 middle aged Ladies stood alongside us, one proclaims "Oooh that Danny Fox he's gorgeous!!" to which the other replied "Cor! Not arf!" followed by some wag telling them to "Steady on Ladies".

Good luck to the lad, in the right team he will do a decent job. Not the most technically gifted player we've ever had but a model pro, good team man and a good lad off the pitch. The one thing I will remember him for was just that. At the promotion party when we got back to the prem a mate of mine who is wheelchair bound was struggling to get served at the bar. Foxy noticed, and went straight up and bought him a case of beer so he didn't need to move again. No big deal to someone on his wages, he probably earnt that twenty quid in less than a minute, but I thought it was a great gesture.

And so did my mate, who was utterly **** faced about an hour later...:D

Nice story there.

I wish him all the best at Forest. He was part of something special at our club over the past three years, and whatever you think of his ability he's better in my eyes than a whole number of mercenaries who've played at our club over the past 10 years.

If people can't appreciate that then so be it I suppose.

I wish him the very best - he gave everything every time he played and, I think, was upset at the way the fans turned on him. Will always be a hero as part of that incredible run of promotions.

I also heard good things about his off pitch activities - he turned up with AL at a local school where a youngster had been having a hard time and he made the day for a lot of the kids there. I only know of this one incident but it seems that he was a big part of the good stuff that the players do (largely unsung) in the community.

Thanks Danny, you were part of something very special and appear to be a really nice human being as well - Good luck for your future!

Nice story there.

I wish him all the best at Forest. He was part of something special at our club over the past three years, and whatever you think of his ability he's better in my eyes than a whole number of mercenaries who've played at our club over the past 10 years.

If people can't appreciate that then so be it I suppose.

Yes indeed. Great lad, great attitude, just not quite good enough for the top level but there's nothing wrong with that.

You think Fox should have been used in Rodriguez role? Because that is who Pochettino plays on the left.

Certainly could have been given more of a chance I think.

Given the contents of this thread, I am in a minority of 1 though!

Edited by BotleySaint