Lallana on the Saintsweb Banner?

mynameisthehulk

I take it the result is being sat upon said mantle piece. If it's standing then that is super human.

dammit! I had always thought they meant standing, so completely dismissed it as nonsense. Sitting? Now it's just dull, and makes him the kind of prat that I want to punch. :(

Edited by Ohio Saint

Whilst I agree that AL is worthy of a place, perhaps one criteria could be that they have completed their playing carreer and are therfore judged on their whole career. If AL or any other current player did somthing that upset the fans there would be a clamour to remove them. Legends are in the past not the present wait until the whole story has palyed out.

Written in January - such providence :toppa:

Gareth Bale should be shoe-horned in, preferably a really jug-eared 12-year old version of him. Maybe hugging Theo Walcott.

And why tf isn't Calum Chambers up there, went on to become Arsenal's 3rd most expensive signing ever in the history of everything?

Oh, and Dale Stephens. And Taider

Gareth Bale should be shoe-horned in, preferably a really jug-eared 12-year old version of him. Maybe hugging Theo Walcott.

And why tf isn't Calum Chambers up there, went on to become Arsenal's 3rd most expensive signing ever in the history of everything?

Oh, and Dale Stephens. And Taider

Should be Taider

Bin off the rest.

Nick Holmes is a good call, one club man ever reliable, should have got a chance with England, I will never forget him scoring from near the halfway line v Watford in the cup, and his sweet half volley past Shilton at Wembley, get the man on the banner!

Holmesy was not a one-club player, you are ignoring his time spent with East Cowes Vics. Disrespectful. :)

Managers rather than CEOs surely? McMenemy deserves a place.

And Adkins, what about Pardew he actually won some silverware, Strachan got us to an FA cup final, Mopo got our best ever PL finish, Lowe built SMS, Wilde got rid of Lowe, Crouch got rid of Wilde, Barclay's bank got rid of the lot of them, not to mention Marcus should be up there......we're goning to need a bigger banner

I am of course taking the ****

And Adkins, what about Pardew he actually won some silverware, Strachan got us to an FA cup final, Mopo got our best ever PL finish, Lowe built SMS, Wilde got rid of Lowe, Crouch got rid of Wilde, Barclay's bank got rid of the lot of them, not to mention Marcus should be up there......we're goning to need a bigger banner

I am of course taking the ****

Brilliant!!! I just spat my tea out !

Why do we have to have old players on the banner? We've had that for a few years now, let's do something new and different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because it's about our history. Current players may or may not get on there but that's dependant on the future.

Who or what would you suggest?

Mopo got our best ever PL finish

Actually MoPo equalled our best ever finish if standings in the table are the only criteria. WGS also got us to 8th in the table in the 2002/03 season with a final day 0-1 win at Maine Road against Man City. Killer scoring the only goal which lifted us up about 3 places in what was the final competitive game at Maine Road.

Actually MoPo equalled our best ever finish if standings in the table are the only criteria. WGS also got us to 8th in the table in the 2002/03 season with a final day 0-1 win at Maine Road against Man City. Killer scoring the only goal which lifted us up about 3 places in what was the final competitive game at Maine Road.

Which begs the question: "why are none of the 2002/3 side up there?". Admittedly it was only 8th, but, you know, Modern Football and all that.

Which begs the question: "why are none of the 2002/3 side up there?". Admittedly it was only 8th, but, you know, Modern Football and all that.

Because being part of a team which came 8th in the PL is nowhere near as big an achievement as winning a world cup, being European player of the year, winning 100 caps or being Saints most gifted ever player?

" ..Lowe built SMS, Wilde got rid of Lowe, Crouch got rid of Wilde, Barclay's bank got rid of the lot of them" would make the ideal header for the Muppet Show forum

So ART why are you on here so often if you take such a dim view of the Forum? After all a Forum IS only it's membership, is it not? There is the irony!

Personally' date=' I think Nick Holmes deserves a space up on the banner. FA Cup winner with Southampton, a one club man (in terms of League football) and a damn fine representative for the Saints (unless there's something I've missed?).[/quote']

Yep, I'll drink to that!

Because being part of a team which came 8th in the PL is nowhere near as big an achievement as winning a world cup, being European player of the year, winning 100 caps or being Saints most gifted ever player?

I quite agree... but there's no particular criteria being applied. Based on the above criteria, Bale as World's Most Expensive Footballer and glowing tribute to academy development should be up there for a start.

Edited by The9

I quite agree... but there's no particular criteria being applied. Based on the above criteria, Bale as World's Most Expensive Footballer and glowing tribute to academy development should be up there for a start.

Yes there is! It's arranged on principles of symmetry, chronology and crinosity. What we need are bald heroes both past and present.

OK here's my list based purely on merit...no agenda apart from my age.

Charlie Miller (contribution to world football)

Arthur Dominy (Southampton man 392 app 155 gls, manager during WWII, Supporters Club steward)

Ted Bates

Terry Paine

Mick Channon

Ron Davies

Nick Holmes

Matt LeTissier

Adam Lallana (love him or hate him you can't write him out of club history)

Ricky Lambert

:uhoh:

Edited by lifeintheslowlane
missed out Ted Bates...opps

Arthur Dominy (Southampton man 392 app 155 gls, manager during WWII, Supporters Club steward)

Terry Paine

Mick Channon

Ron Davies

Nick Holmes

Matt LeTissier

Ricky Lambert

What exactly has he done? One good premier league season for us, he's up there with Beattie then. If it is on footballing talent then Bale should be up there. If it's for lower league goals then Lee Barnard is also a contender. I'm taking this to the logical extreme but in no way shape or form does Adam deserve to be up there especially not after the way he forced a move and not amongst such great company.

What exactly has he done? One good premier league season for us, he's up there with Beattie then. If it is on footballing talent then Bale should be up there. If it's for lower league goals then Lee Barnard is also a contender. I'm taking this to the logical extreme but in no way shape or form does Adam deserve to be up there especially not after the way he forced a move and not amongst such great company.

Good to see I got 9 of my 10 through (Ted Bates omitted in error :blush:)

...Admin please take note.:lol:

Edited by lifeintheslowlane

Ted Bates

Terry Paine

Mick Channon

Ron Davies

Nick Holmes

Matt LeTissier

Ricky Lambert

You are missing some massive stalwarts from the 50s like Eric Day, Tommy Traynor and even 40s England international Bill Ellerington who gave us over 30 years service as player and asst manager/coach