Lallana on the Saintsweb Banner?

mynameisthehulk

Sorry, perhaps I was not clear enough. I have not in anyway suggested that Peter Shilton should not be on the banner - In fact I saw Shilton play for us and can confirm he was fantastic, however in my opinion (IMO in case that is what was causing you to become confused?) Adam Lallana deserves to be on the banner more than him if it is to be considered a gallery of legends, a hall of fame if you will. I have based this opinion on the fact that he has been with us from the time we were relegated from the Premier League, through the relegation from the Championship and administration all the way back again through the consecutive promotions. Now he is playing consistently well for us in the top half of the Premier League and looks to be nailed on to play for England in the World Cup. Shilton, although an excellent player and an international superstar did not in display the same level of commitment and loyalty as our current captain. Does that help you to understand my original post now or do I need to be monosyllabic in order to assist you further?

Thanks for the response... until the dig at the end. ;) My response, ironically... yes. Okay. Get 'im on there.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Lambert is a Saints legend as was Big Ron Davies (who really should be added). I dont think Lallana qualifies though. Was was part of the squad that brought eventual success but he only really started to make his mark in terms of consistant quality last year. Lambert and Davies and the rest were quality throughout.

The banner looks dreadfully old and out of date anyway. We really should be changing it, irrespective of the fact there's a Liverpool player on it.

Plans are afoot, somebody just needs to find capacity to put some graphics together *ahem*.

The only place for Lallana's photo is on the club toilet paper. Anyone prepared to invest in producing it would make a fortune as there must now be so many who'd find delight wiping their derriere with that Judas's image.

And why no Terry Paine? Whoever organises the banner has no idea of our heritage. To be frank Shilton and Keegan should be nowhere near it. Big players on the national stage, yes but hardly massive servants of the club.

Bill Ellerington, Eric Day, Tommy Traynor, John Sydenham, Nick Holmes are just a few post war players while pre war players have to include Bill Rawlings, Arthur Dominy and Bert Shelley.

And why no Terry Paine? Whoever organises the banner has no idea of our heritage. To be frank Shilton and Keegan should be nowhere near it. Big players on the national stage, yes but hardly massive servants of the club.

Bill Ellerington, Eric Day, Tommy Traynor, John Sydenham, Nick Holmes are just a few post war players while pre war players have to include Bill Rawlings, Arthur Dominy and Bert Shelley.

Incidentally I was talking to Bert Shelley's son today who himself is 83, what a story he told me about his father's enlistment in the 1st World War.

Please tell me you're on a wind up?

Please tell me you're on a wind up?

I'm with Fitzhugh.

Arthur Dominoes, Bert Rawlingson and Shelley Rawlings are legends of the club and should be on the banner, it's a disgrace they aren't. Not sure about Willy Elleringworth and Timmy Trailor, but if the majority of the forum think they should be up there then I say go for it.

I'm with Fitzhugh.

Arthur Dominoes, Bert Rawlingson and Shelley Rawlings are legends of the club and should be on the banner, it's a disgrace they aren't. Not sure about Willy Elleringworth and Timmy Trailor, but if the majority of the forum think they should be up there then I say go for it.

Surely you should be lobbying for CB Fry? Assume there must be a selfie or the like of him in red and white?

f9b762baa50d37623ad80e7ccf1191fb.jpg

What makes him a true legend is the mantelpiece trick.

Not many of us can do that past our thirties

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._B._Fry *

* I hope this is true

I take it the result is being sat upon said mantle piece. If it's standing then that is super human.

Many people suffer from mental issues through the course of their stay in India.