Arsenal Build up Thread

Window Cleaner

I just hope MP dosn't bottle it and put Guly in at the death

Assuming SRL is still unfit and much as I personally would want Gallagher to start I rather think that it will be Guly again. We will look to press them high up the pitch and harry them out of their stride. Guly loves doing doggies, can obey instructions like that to the letter because he is an experienced professional and offers guaranteed defend from the front application on behalf of the team. If you go back to our preseason match against Sociedad in which he started you'll see Mopo made him do exactly that against a team that wanted to be able to pass it around a bit away from home - like Arsenal do.

Gallagher might come on as a impact sub after 60 minutes again I think, after Guly has worked the back four over, and himself into the ground.

But playing Gallagher from the start is the more glorious decision! Home league starting debut sell out v the leaders and he can be told to get out their and enjoy himself...Mopo cannot really fail on this one as we are expected to lose...picking Gallagher would make me very happy irrespective of the result...I love that we will pick these young kids and give them a chance...

Edited by Giordano

was shearer mega hyped before his debut? I've no idea, before my time, just wondering if people used to know who future stars was back in the days when you didn't have MLG to tell you bout it on internet.

People actually paid attention to the Echo back in those days...

I was not at SMS for yeovil nor his previous debut so can anyone tell me what his pace is like? Im sure he can win a challenge in the air and can hold and pass and shoot~ and his goal certainly showed he fancies he can get past a defender because he essentially just pushed it across the left back and had enough pace to get in front so he could not be challenged without it being a penalty(incidentally Rickie would not have been able to score that goal) ...but is he as pacey as Guly? Faster? Anywhere as fast as Jrod? If the starting eleven had a twenty metres sprint race where would he come? Anyone got a clue?

Pretty much looking forward to it, as unknown Sam is to us...he's even more unknown to Arsenal, their coaches, their players and fans.

We've got every chance to catch them off guard.

FFS you or I would be unknown to them. Doesn't mean either of us should be starting. Rationalisations of desperation.

I was not at SMS for yeovil nor his previous debut so can anyone tell me what his pace is like? Im sure he can win a challenge in the air and can hold and pass and shoot~ and his goal certainly showed he fancies he can get past a defender because he essentially just pushed it across the left back and had enough pace to get in front so he could not be challenged without it being a penalty(incidentally Rickie would not have been able to score that goal) ...but is he as pacey as Guly? Faster? Anywhere as fast as Jrod? If the starting eleven had a twenty metres sprint race where would he come? Anyone got a clue?

Hmm, he certainly looked quicker than you might expect considering his height. Maybe about Lallana speed.

its moments like this in a young players careers that can set them on the road to stardom

Gosh that brought a lump to my throat. I agree totally. I've not been so excited about a potential debut for yonks..(since rickie had a chance to play v Scotland in fact and before that...well i cant remember..).he is one of our kids ( well ok we got him two years ago from plymouth..) but we trained him and he could possibly be the new number 9....excited for him and wish him all the very best if he starts...

FFS you or I would be unknown to them. Doesn't mean either of us should be starting. Rationalisations of desperation.

Calm down.

Ever heard of giving someone an opportunity? I've not seen anything from him to suggest he's not good enough, so what's to lose?

Possible delay to kick off?

@paulbelvers: The @arsenal coach is stuck in traffic. Police expect the team to arrive 20 minutes late. #souars #bpl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their problem, not ours. Sod 'em... Should have set out earlier.

nah sorry bros if you can't make it on time we'll just kickoff without you

It will be like one of those school matches when the home team is on the pitch waiting in the cold and rain until the opposition turn up, jump off the minibus, charge on the pitch and go 2-0 up in 5 minutes.

@paulbelvers: No suggestion yet that game will be delayed but am told Arsene Wenger will be unhappy as he insists the team arrive 80 mins before start.

I remember a game at West Ham about 10 years ago where we turned up late, had to sprint from bus to pitch (almost) - and beat them 1-0.

is clynes still carrying knocks, or is chambers genuinely first choice now?

starting 3 teenagers is taking the piss a bit, oi mr wenger do you love our nice young players? You interest? You like to buy? FUCK OFF!

Edited by Bearsy