Advice to new CEO

spyinthesky

It's funny how you move on tho ain't it, like i was watching sunderland on sat + thinking you know, "Stripes look shit". It's hard to keep up with latest fashion trends i spose which is why we employ expert designers.

I can't believe you would so willfully turn your back on the history and tradition of the club bear.

These are the important things, nothing else matters.

on contrary, i bought one of them Save Our Stripes t-shirts off colin. I wear it sometimes to gym + it is v.conversation starter.

Edit: (not that my main object on attending gym is to strike up conversations with beefy men. I go there mainly to buff my guns.)

Edited by Bearsy

on contrary, i bought one of them Save Our Stripes t-shirts off colin. I wear it sometimes to gym + it is v.conversation starter.

My favourite kit since I've been supporting Saints didn't have stripes (The Sash). And I really liked both of last years kits (the red & white - even if the white was never used).

I must be the worst Saints fan in the world.

Actually its her cousin I've previously been in contact with through work, and she isn't directly involved in Saints, so I'm not sure its relevant. Keep up with comedy gags though, cracking.

Will do mate, keep up with the made up emails :lol: :lol:

I just find it hilarious that grown men get so worked up about what other grown men are wearing.

I'm for reals.

I want a nice stripey kit. That is all I care about. It's much more important than a club that is being well run and has been upwardly mobile for 4.5 years. Or a dynamic club that has been praised for how well run it is.

Stripes and history for me.

I JUST WANT STRIPES!!!

STRIPES ARE ALL THAT MATTER!

Glad to see it doesn't get you worked up at all 'pal' :rolleyes:

Any advice to the incoming CEO?

Fwiw mine would be (in no particular order)

1. Create a better dialogue with the fans

2. Ditto with businesses in the area (note only about a third of Boxes seem to be taken compared to 100% in early years)

3. Get rid of the 15 min parking charge

4. Convert back to stripes

5. Review some of the previous new signings eg Forren, Mayuka, possibly Ramirez and Osvaldo

6. Assist with supporters travel expenses for some longer away games

7. Get rid of the £2.00 charge for pay on the day tickets.

8. Embrace the clubs history. Forge stronger links with Ex Saints individually and the Ex Saints organisation.

9. Review possibilities of Concerts at St Mary's

10. Continue progress with the Academy and continue the progress the previous Chairman was able to achieve

11. ...and probably most important..keep Katharina Liebherr sweet'....

The only thing that I am not totally for is going back to stripes, I know a lot of you love them, but don't you feel they are now a bit dated, I mean would you go down town in a tank top, Lionel blairs and a mullet hair cut? If the stripes came back then fine, I would go along with it, its not something I would put at the top of my list.

The only thing that I am not totally for is going back to stripes, I know a lot of you love them, but don't you feel they are now a bit dated, I mean would you go down town in a tank top, Lionel blairs and a mullet hair cut? If the stripes came back then fine, I would go along with it, its not something I would put at the top of my list.

You dont like the Athletico or Bilboa tops? Best in World football.

Not neccessarily stripes (we had periods in the 80's/90's when we didn't have stripes!) but traditional colours e.g. Red Shirts with some white (and possibly black), Black shorts and socks combining all three. And the colourful badge not this bland gold!

1.Prioritise Duncans Book

2.Fanontheboard (preferably Union member or Taxi Driver)

3.Sort the wine stain on Frannys Carpet

4.Stripes,Stripes,Stripes

5.Liberate the Car park

6.Pay for away fans tickets(for they are the bestest)

7.Employ Club Historian

8.Sack scouting team(all transfers based on Youtube clips and FIFA 2014 ratings)

The kit is a clearly an emotional issue that matters a lot more than you'd think it should matter. Here's how I see it. The stripes have the entire club's history on their side. On the other hand, they do look a little old-fashioned. And the fact we'd be pretty much matching Sunderland's kit doesn't help. The current kit (and last year's) have some appealing aspects (personally I think the striped socks work well!) but could reference the club's history a little better.

So why not do the following? Brief a designer to offer 3 different styles which use stripes in some form, but with a tip of the hat to, you know, modern tastes. After all, if this is to be a big club, it really wants to appeal to global TV audiences, etc. Then invite the fans to discuss and vote. If he wanted to be really radical, he'd invite designs from the fans and include a couple of those in the vote. When you have this thing called the Internet that allows thousands of people to participate in an important conversation, that's not a bad plan to a) get to a great design and b) make everyone feel included in the decision. There's a time for dictatorship, and a time for participation.

if i had to give new CEO just one piece of advice i would strongly advise him to keep it real. I would be like, yo, CEO! they would turn round + say wassup or yes can i help you or something and then i would fist bump my chest + give peace out sign and then i would look him in eye and i would say, Keep it Real

if i had to give new CEO just one piece of advice i would strongly advise him to keep it real. I would be like, yo, CEO! they would turn round + say wassup or yes can i help you or something and then i would fist bump my chest + give peace out sign and then i would look him in eye and i would say, Keep it Real

#2 Priority imo.

After stripes, obv.

I feel like ur sarcasm bout stripes, KRG. I would like to have kit that was completely unique tho. I don't like to see shirt in distance and go, oh look is Saints fan and then not get closer and find it is mere Stoke or Sundrland or Liverpool in 80s or whatever. I'm thinking good ideas would be eg. to have turtle neck collar or maybe a cropped waist just above b.button. Something loose fitting + sleeveless in a salmon pink chiffon.

I feel like ur sarcasm bout stripes, KRG. I would like to have kit that was completely unique tho. I don't like to see shirt in distance and go, oh look is Saints fan and then not get closer and find it is mere Stoke or Sundrland or Liverpool in 80s or whatever. I'm thinking good ideas would be eg. to have turtle neck collar or maybe a cropped waist just above b.button. Something loose fitting + sleeveless in a salmon pink chiffon.

How about an All Saints style really deep plunging V neck. Really show off the players pecs.

1.Prioritise Duncans Book

2.Fanontheboard (preferably Union member or Taxi Driver)

3.Sort the wine stain on Frannys Carpet

4.Stripes,Stripes,Stripes

5.Liberate the Car park

6.Pay for away fans tickets(for they are the bestest)

7.Employ Club Historian

8.Sack scouting team(all transfers based on Youtube clips and FIFA 2014 ratings)

:lol:

You forgot allow benali and Le Tiss to wander around the club, free tickets for their friends and extended family and allow LMac to sit in on contract talks with players and new signings

:lol:

You forgot allow benali and Le Tiss to wander around the club, free tickets for their friends and extended family and allow LMac to sit in on contract talks with players and new signings

All good points. Ive thought of another one pay Lawrie £**,000 a year to entertain corporate box members...............oh hang thats been done before.

Was he on the

Guly

Mayuka

Osvaldo

Ramirez

Lee

Forren

Fox

Contract talks? Who was on that from the commitee?

You make out he chooses these players

What we want is a vinny tan who actually gets involved. Even insisting on player criteria like having the number 8 in their DoB's

Actually its her cousin I've previously been in contact with through work, and she isn't directly involved in Saints, so I'm not sure its relevant. Keep up with comedy gags though, cracking.

Well that's not what you said a year ago...or is there something iffy going on within the Liebherr family?

I just emailed the daughter with some considered thoughts and a link to these threads.

I'd rather not give out her address since even a few misplaced 'farking caants' mails isnt going to help any.

Couldn't care less about relationship with fans or local businesses. Focus on running a professional and successful football club without mortgaging its future to unsustainable debt. Everything else barely qualifies as a nice-to-have.

Hello Nicola. I'm glad you are no longer running things.

Hello Nicola. I'm glad you are no longer running things.

I fully expect the new man to come in claiming that too much time has been spent establishing a coherent playing style for all levels of the club and professionalising the first team's various support structures, and that his energies will be directed more towards meet-and-greets with grumbling fans and loud-mouth local businesses.

I fully expect the new man to come in claiming that too much time has been spent establishing a coherent playing style for all levels of the club and professionalising the first team's various support structures, and that his energies will be directed more towards meet-and-greets with grumbling fans and loud-mouth local businesses.

Yeah, because you have to stop one to do the other. :facepalm:

Yeah, because you have to stop one to do the other. :facepalm:

Yes that's the point. Most of the people laughing at fans who would like some fan communication and some nods to our history (like that is a bad thing) seem to be under the mistaken belief that it is impossible to do the Cortese approach and this one. Newsflash, it isn't.

Yes that's the point. Most of the people laughing at fans who would like some fan communication and some nods to our history (like that is a bad thing) seem to be under the mistaken belief that it is impossible to do the Cortese approach and this one. Newsflash, it isn't.

I'm not saying it's not possible, it's just not a priority for me.

Happy to have someone driven and ruthless if they are ambitious and focused solely on the future of the club.

Things like stripes just don't bother me. Maybe if the new person wanted to call us the "South Coast Tinkerbells" if be more bothered.

I'm not saying it's not possible, it's just not a priority for me.

Happy to have someone driven and ruthless if they are ambitious and focused solely on the future of the club.

Things like stripes just don't bother me. Maybe if the new person wanted to call us the "South Coast Tinkerbells" if be more bothered.

Well IMO I reckon the reason Katharina wanted some input in the club is due to this seeming lack of care for others such as contractors, ex players, fans etc. This isn't about bowing to every wim of the fans by the way or chucking around freebies (although some players still received free tickets under Nicola). It's fine to say you aren't bothered about any of it but surely you accept that some of these things are and it would be great if we can get someone with a bit of both skills. Certainly the bit FF has posted about the recent funeral of a player is sad if true.

Well IMO I reckon the reason Katharina wanted some input in the club is due to this seeming lack of care for others such as contractors' date=' ex players, fans etc. This isn't about bowing to every wim of the fans by the way or chucking around freebies (although some players still received free tickets under Nicola). It's fine to say you aren't bothered about any of it but surely you accept that some of these things are and it would be great if we can get someone with a bit of both skills. Certainly the bit FF has posted about the recent funeral of a player is sad if true.[/quote']

That's your opinion, which is fine and fair enough, but it is utter speculation.

People don't get to run billion $ companies by playing the nice guy. True I'm probably speculating, but I imagine she will have picked up something from her dad and family, who were successful business people and will have been ruthless and probably shafted people at times.

I'd take everything FF says with a pinch of salt. He clearly has his own axe to grind.

I'm not bothered about Saints being nice or friendly. Just means we are a soft touch, I want us to be disliked. I don't want someone at the helm that will act solely with the clubs interest at heart. If that means ****ing off contractors, agents, media, other clubs etc etc so be it.

I don't see the clubs history as something for the CEO to worry about, I want them tone worried about making history.

That's your opinion, which is fine and fair enough, but it is utter speculation.

People don't get to run billion $ companies by playing the nice guy. True I'm probably speculating, but I imagine she will have picked up something from her dad and family, who were successful business people and will have been ruthless and probably shafted people at times.

I'd take everything FF says with a pinch of salt. He clearly has his own axe to grind.

I'm not bothered about Saints being nice or friendly. Just means we are a soft touch, I want us to be disliked. I don't want someone at the helm that will act solely with the clubs interest at heart. If that means ****ing off contractors, agents, media, other clubs etc etc so be it.

I don't see the clubs history as something for the CEO to worry about, I want them tone worried about making history.

See that's just not true. Being nice and friendly does not automatically make you a soft touch. You talk like a sociopath yourself. I'm glad that we will have a new person in charge and I'm hopeful that he will have some of the qualities that you see as so pointless.

Edited by hypochondriac