No plans to sell

Give it to Ron

Well, if that were genuinely the reason then fair enough. So often though these things are lost in chinese whispers. Was it cortese ? Or was she sacked by someone else ? Was it because she didnt get his coat quickly enough or was she incompetant and this was the last straw ?

Ive heard it all before. Someone says mr X was sacked for not wearing his boots or something to work when in reality he was asked on several occasions to wear suitable gear etc and was given multiple chances that he actualky fails to mention to his colleagues.

Again, sacked employee in being disgruntled at former employer shocker.

Did she sack him after Markus died or since being in charge?

Perhaps she couldn't, Cortese was still running everything and obviously didn't want to sack himself. This is about end of probate or something similar, happened last August/September seemingly. Old advisors (and no doubt executors) done away with and new ones brought in.

Perhaps she couldn't, Cortese was still running everything and obviously didn't want to sack himself. This is about end of probate or something similar, happened last August/September seemingly. Old advisors (and no doubt executors) done away with and new ones brought in.

Possibly would tie in with initial resignation, this is all in answer to "Either way, it appears that she has the money and nous to make the right decisions to appoint a good person who can run the club correctly." I believe she has and have not seen anything to dispel that as per above - if she was the owner she could of quite easily in last 3.5 years

I always get a bit sceptical with the firing people on a whim lines. As essentially you only hear the story from the floor, from friends or the aggrieved. You cant just 'fire' anybody anymore.

Ive also heard he was quite popular, I suppose it depends where the people worked.

Never underestimate how annoyed people get when asked to do their job properly

Indeed...it's a bit like the best school teachers were the ones you feared the most because they wouldn't tolerate slackers or poor quality etc (well, that's how it was in my day - I guess teachers aren't allowed to be fearful these days)

It seems all the Mali companies were liquidated. Are Saints the only company she is involved in?

That's precisely why I asked the "What other companies does she have?" question the other day when someone referred to her as being a "businesswoman who runs many companies"...

It seems all the Mali companies were liquidated. Are Saints the only company she is involved in?

No, as I've explained before there is just (seemingly to the untrained eye anyway) Mali International Holdings AG left. Now if you look at the statutes of that company (and my German isn't great) it looks to be set up to buy and sell other companies or provide finance for building projects. It's a pretty wide spec but it doesn't seem to involve manufacturing anything as Mali did.

Now DMWSL 613 (nor 612 or 611) don't belong to this company, they just have common shareholders I suppose.

Anyway at the end of the day what's left does not seem to reflect in any way the empire that Markus built, not to the amateur eye anyway. I'm surprised that none of our resident traders and banking high flyers has ever looked into all of that. They'd understand it in a way I might not and no doubt have access into documents that I can't see.

I don't know anything about him though so I for one haven't said anything...yet. Anyway if he's had anything to do with Blackburn I can easily pass on him. I'd prefer a non-football man myself.

I suggest that you read about him in the echo seems to have an ideal background - a life long saints fan too

Sam Allardyce ? Being sold to Venkys ? some pretty awful management ?

I'd just as soon have a banker with little knowledge of football myself.

They were actually pretty good under him. European football, mid-table finishes, players coming through the academy.

No disrespect, but I'd take the views of people who have worked with him over yours. And they are all amazingly positive.

Cortese would have known football finances inside out before he came to Saints. Hiring someone just because they are a banking is a f*cking retarded idea IMO.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/360711/Ex-Blackburn-chairman-John-Williams-set-for-Southampton-executive-role

But a source said: “The meeting with the owner and club staff was very positive. She assured them she had no plans to sell and is committed to seeing through the project started by Nicolas Cortese and her father.

“She said she wanted to make the club bigger and better.”

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/10950532.Katharina_Liebherr_plans_new_approach_to_St_Mary_s_power

Documents filed at Companies House show that the club and their parent company have moved quickly to terminate Cortese’s position and formally serve notice of Liebherr’s appointment.

The documents reveal little extra information about Liebherr, other than her date of birth which confirms she is 36-years-old.

One of the first jobs being undertaken is a detailed look at the club’s books.

Though Liebherr has of course had access to the accounts field with Companies House, she is believed to have not regularly seen the detailed internal breakdowns.

The depressing thing about all this is that I now find myself nearly 10 years older then the owner of a premier league football club. I felt old enough beforehand FFS...

Edited by trousers

Les will be consulted as Kat has no experience in football. Les will have a big say in the future running of the club

Totally agree. The guy is respected by many and is probably more instrumental in the actual football set up at Southampton than Cortese - maybe that's obvious, but I never see anyone say that? I think he is and will be a pivotal member of the team.

Can we expect the club to make a statement when the new chief exec is appointed along the lines of:

"NC did a good job for the club but was holding back the progress of the desired project. We now have *** in place and look to move on at a more satisfactory pace to our desired target of European football".

Blackburn were sold to Venkys because the Jack Walker Trust that had been set up to fund them until the club 'became self financing' decided that they would stop converting loans into equity. It was the Trust that sold BRFC, the search for a suitor and subsequent sale being handled by Rothschild Bank.

"When the Venky's bought Blackburn Rovers in 2011, it was not a football club in free-fall, it was not a football club that was in decline; it was a progressive and steady football club skillfully guided by John Williams and his team." ( http://ewoodpark.jimdo.com/the-venky-s-reign-of-error-introduction/ "