No plans to sell

Give it to Ron

Obviously he had sense, but if he had built a giant new stadium despite attendance figures showing it will probably not fill, then it would have been a mistake.

Moot point. You don'y know until you've done it

But, years ago, Liverpool were not filling Anfield. Then along came Shankley, Titles, Trophys, and Support to match

Speculate to accumalate .... Success Breeds Success

I'd be pretty happy with that IMO. We don't have any debts like most PL clubs either and the academy intakes still look strong. We could spend £100 going for CL football and still not get it or be like Malaga who did and then the overseas sugar daddy cash supply ran dry for a bit and that really did turn into a near meltdown. Should be attractive for the squad too, if Shaw goes so be it, we'll bank the £30m and get 2 good LBs for that and let Fox go.

Pleased with the potential appointment of John Williams too, just what we need right now as a club.

Sorry, should have been £100m! Still, top 10 and trying to win the cups, hope we take the League Cup more seriously from now on, is still ambitious but realistic. It is for clubs like Newcastle who have a bigger fanbase and stadia. The skates would rip their arm off for something similar, not that they are an especially valid point for comparison these days staring down the barrell of the Skrill Premier. Everton have spent similar sums of money to us and are knocking on the door of the top 4 and if some of the top melt away without CL income regularly, we could end up competing higher up by being debt free and able to spend what we earn.

But, years ago, Liverpool were not filling Anfield. Then along came Shankley, Titles, Trophys, and Support to match

1. Winning titles increases attendances = True

2. Expanding stadium creates bigger attendances + CL and global domination = Not true

Tue, 03/23/2010

Mohamed Al Fayed says there's no chance of him selling up at Fulham. Al Fayed bought Fulham from Jimmy Hill when they were a faded club in the old Second Division, the current League One. “To own a club like Fulham, it has history, it is not just any club,” he told the Daily Express. “It is a London club that has a lot of prestige and a lot of value. I invested a lot of money just to bring it back. I was living in Fulham, next to the club. I sold that house and moved to Park Lane. I will not sell this club and move on. This is still a fantasy for me and an excitement, too. I have brought it from the bottom to the top. It all depends on the luck you have with a manager. Thank God I am blessed with this guy [Roy Hodgson]. He is human. He has a lot of charisma. From time to time I go to the training ground, talk to the players, see the manager, and I see how he works. Very impressive – the best manager I have ever had."

Fri, 07/12/2013

Mohamed Al Fayed has ended his 16-year stint as Fulham owner by selling the club to Shahid Khan, owner of NFL side Jacksonville Jaguars.

Says the man who

a) dreams about us playing in a 25,000 stadium in Stoneham

b) spent a year spitting blood that we didn't sell up to those well known gazillionaires at SISU.

At a meeting with staff today.

Headlines out of staff meeting with owner at #saintsfc this morning: No plans to sell, sticking to path we're on, chief exec decision soon

Sorry, despite the fact that I think we really are up for sale to the right owner at the right price, this statement at the staff meeting means absolutely jack sh*t.

Staff of a company are almost always the last to find out if the company is being sold.

Sorry, despite the fact that I think we really are up for sale to the right owner at the right price, this statement at the staff meeting means absolutely jack sh*t.

Staff of a company are almost always the last to find out if the company is being sold.

True, but are they usually told that there are no plans to sell?

it would be nice if, for once, the fans were actually told what was happening. All KL has to do, is simply record something on Saints Player saying what we can expect.

Not a lot to ask really.

I think it is for her, she has spent 3 1/2 years staying out of limelight and not talking to fans and from what I have read that will not change. I expect we will hear a lot more once we appoint a CEO.

it would be nice if, for once, the fans were actually told what was happening. All KL has to do, is simply record something on Saints Player saying what we can expect.

Not a lot to ask really.

I'm hoping for a statement when we get a new chief executive. Maybe we can get the fans forums back!

Everyone and everything has a price....its ok you can say I told you so when we get offered an acceptable price :-).

Shaw is not for sale...if we get offered enough do you think we won't sell? Same for Lambert, Lallana...etc etc happened at Man Utd, Arsenal, Real Madrid why would we be different?

People normally speak openly if its positive, if its negative not so.

In football when have clubs ever come out and said 'we've got loads of money to spend on players so anyone we speak to just remember we're loaded ok lol'? Why would any club show their hand? For what it is worth I think the club won't be spending ****loads but will still spend to keep on trying to improve the squad as it naturally evolves after the last 5 years and there is still plenty of growth to come from one of the youngest squads in the league.

In football when have clubs ever come out and said 'we've got loads of money to spend on players so anyone we speak to just remember we're loaded ok lol'? Why would any club show their hand? For what it is worth I think the club won't be spending ****loads but will still spend to keep on trying to improve the squad as it naturally evolves after the last 5 years and there is still plenty of growth to come from one of the youngest squads in the league.

there's a lot of bigging up of the U21s on the OS today, perhaps that's just purely coincidental though.

The entire situation is just wait and see, no use mithering over spilt milk or milk that might be spilt at sometime in the future.

Not a lot to ask really.

That nice Mr Cortese did that kind of thing all the time.

I cant disagree with that.

You'll be lucky to get away with that after-thought. The context of your original entry doesn't allow this answer.

Of course it does not, him trying to insult me and disguise it leaves the question very open indeed to what he actually meant, I am polite and wont rise to such remarks though, strange I can be insulted all the time though and its never pulled, I never grass but if I did such things (after posting incorrectly in the first place) I would be pulled up straight away.

Makes you think really.

Not a lot to ask really.

Dangerous precedent to set. The moment you deny/comment on one bit of speculation you have to deny/comment on it all otherwise fans will assume it to be true.

People normally speak openly if its positive, if its negative not so.

Like Moyes saying he hasn't given up on retaining the PL title you mean.... Some people feel a need to say something rather than nothing and he's hardly going to say "nah, not a cat in hell's chance of catching them all up" . As in most cases, actions will speak louder than words.

Like Moyes saying he hasn't given up on retaining the PL title you mean.... Some people feel a need to say something rather than nothing and he's hardly going to say "nah, not a cat in hell's chance of catching them all up" . As in most cases, actions will speak louder than words.

If I was Moyes I would say they can not win it, I would take the pressure off, I would say to them behond closed doors they are all playing for their futures and have the remainder of the season to stay, maybe he has but I would be saying it to the cameras, honesty is needed to appeasse the fans as well. They dont want to be placated with the old mathmatical crap, its insulting.

If I was Moyes I would say they can not win it, I would take the pressure off, I would say to them behond closed doors they are all playing for their futures and have the remainder of the season to stay, maybe he has but I would be saying it to the cameras, honesty is needed to appeasse the fans as well. They dont want to be placated with the old mathmatical crap, its insulting.

But you aren't because he recently did, Mourinho put him straight though...no chance. Moyes just said what their fans (or more probably his bosses) wanted to hear even though there can be no conceivable base for him saying so.

Of course it does not, him trying to insult me and disguise it leaves the question very open indeed to what he actually meant, I am polite and wont rise to such remarks though, strange I can be insulted all the time though and its never pulled, I never grass but if I did such things (after posting incorrectly in the first place) I would be pulled up straight away.

Makes you think really.

No you were openly trolling as usual...what path...you know as well as I do. You spend all day ruining and trolling threads. You continually spout ****** so I did in answer to you. You get insulted because old time posters like me get ****ed off with you doing this all day every day. Go on grass....one of the forum rules is clear on trolling yet you get away with it constantly.

No you were openly trolling as usual...what path...you know as well as I do. You spend all day ruining and trolling threads. You continually spout ****** so I did in answer to you. You get insulted because old time posters like me get ****ed off with you doing this all day every day. Go on grass....one of the forum rules is clear on trolling yet you get away with it constantly.

I am giving my opnion, I wouldn't stoop so low as to telltales and its you who sounds wound for mucking up a thread, to finish I have given my opinion on what I belief what the "path" means and you rubbish it, thats fine but I have given my opinion and not insulted anyone in the process.

But you aren't because he recently did, Mourinho put him straight though...no chance. Moyes just said what their fans (or more probably his bosses) wanted to hear even though there can be no conceivable base for him saying so.

I work with a season ticket holder and he wants to hear honesty like any fan would, the issue is the club is responsible to the baord and wont do anything or try to upset the investors and thereby lowering the share price, exactly the same with us.

I am giving my opnion, I wouldn't stoop so low as to telltales and its you who sounds wound for mucking up a thread, to finish I have given my opinion on what I belief what the "path" means and you rubbish it, thats fine but I have given my opinion and not insulted anyone in the process.

Nor have I...wound...hahaha you give yourself too much credit

It really hacks me off people quoting dune and the other negative Pratt . Please stop quoting them for my healths sake

I think our new owner us going to be part of our club for many years to come . Nothing is forever but I really believe we have a very bright future under her tenure and leadership. She is displaying g the same excellent-qualities of her late father . Long may it continue

I do love the way that people, who don't know the owner, seem to know what she will be doing in the near future. Who knows, maybe she wants to have a break from the constraints of her somewhat reclusive upbringing and have some fun. Maybe she doesn't want to be considered ML's daughter who took over reluctantly and didn't want to carry on so flogged it off, but rather leave her own mark. Maybe this, maybe that, maybe t'other. Who knows (apart from those who impart their wisdom on the rest of us)?