Lovren & Gaston Injuries

Crouchie's Lawyer

So Danny Rose got a red last night for taking out Dzeko after touching the ball. I think it was the right decision from the ref, because Rose took away a scoring chance as his touch didn't clear the ball. But it just underlines how lucky Brown was to escape punishment from a quite similar incident...

Edit: I see it's got a thread of its own: http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?48834-Rose-red-card#.UuoTWT15OQA

Great news. One of our best ever signings.

I'm usually pretty cautious making statements like that about players, especially when they've been here less than a season, but IMO there is no doubt he is one of the best centre backs we've ever had, and if he hangs around for a few years, would be right up there amongst the best signings we've ever made.

That looks like an anti gravity treadmill so he won't be full weight bearing on his injury.

Don't they all use those anyway? Sure I saw a video a while back where everyone was running in a setup like that, not just injured players. May have been pre-season vid tho and they were just getting back to full fitness?

how do you know for this this vid was this morning?

Why would you think it wasn't?

It was posted today (the day they film training before a match to go with the press conference footage) and comes with the description...

Southampton FC

VINE: A wet morning at the #SaintsFC training ground, but @DejanLovren05, @gasramirez10 and @Mattytargett don't seem to mind!

Uncanny how similar Targett looks to Shaw in terms of size and build, lets hope he's half as good

He is quite laid back like Luke, but they are slightly different players. Targett not as direct going forward but his defensive positioning and decision making is pretty good considering his experience.

He's coasted through many of the games I've seen him play for the U21's. Not by standing out and doing brilliant things, but just by looking very comfortable and a little unchallenged at times which is a good sign as that is what Luke was like as well.

agree with all the praise for lovren, such a good signing in so many ways... one of the best centre-backs around, has one of the best attitudes of any footballer i've seen, rubs off extremely well on the team (e.g. bringing out the best in fonte), and seems to genuinely appreciate and care for the club. KEEP HIM

Who's the 4th person in the Vine?

Red Adidas booter, can't be too many of those, might be JWP he still wears those, then again he isn't wearing first team kit. Most of the other Adidas wearers have gone to the orange model. Then again it could be a lad from the U21s like McQueen.

Its not one of the players. Its one of the backroom staff monitoring the progress of the three injured players, can't remember his name of the top of my head.

As much as I rate Lovren, we've actually not lost a game since he has been injured. Before that we also picked up a win at Cardiff without him. I think the only loss this season when he was missing was at the Emirates.

I think it shows how we aren't actually 'desperate' for another CB and our priorities in summer should lie elsewhere.

Who's the 4th person in the Vine?

Red Adidas booter, can't be too many of those, might be JWP he still wears those, then again he isn't wearing first team kit. Most of the other Adidas wearers have gone to the orange model. Then again it could be a lad from the U21s like McQueen.

Its not one of the players. Its one of the backroom staff monitoring the progress of the three injured players, can't remember his name of the top of my head.

Fail

His initials are TS.